love is the answer.

11 year anniversary 01.05.13
matt & i went out for japanese food last night to celebrate 11 years of marriage.
i can't believe it's been that long and i can't believe it's been that short
at the same time.  so much has happened in those years--like in all relationships.
i do know that marriage is the best and the hardest at the same time.
it's work and commitment and choice at the same time as being
freeing and fun and comforting. matt sees me at my best and worst and
i'm so thankful that he chooses to see me in a way that i can't see myself.
i'm thankful he strives to encourage me, validate me, hear me, love me.
i don't need those things, but they are blessings from the Lord that He
chose especially for me.  i'm happy to be on this beautiful, blessed,
hard, precious journey of life with him.

happy anniversary, babe!

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! We miss you! The true test will be... can you make a cross-country trip to see us at the Ocean work with all your kids? I HOPE I HOPE! :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I love seeing and reading your testimony! So encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! What a precious milestone :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you : )

    And about your spam, I get a lot too! I don't know if it is as much as you, but I would say about 10-15 spam comments a day. Blogger catches it now and does not post it. It just tells me I have 12 or however many new questionable comments when I go in to write my next post and I delete them then. The general public never has to see them! : ) I like to keep word verification off because it is such a giant pain! Here is the word verification I had to do to leave you this comment right now: asedchan18812 ( and the numbers are teeny tiny and all twisty so I usually have to do it twice or three times.) Just something to think about : ).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary you guys!!
    I love your sentiment. I feel the same way about my marriage. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary!!!! My husband celebrate 12 years on 1/27/13 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very well put! Happy Anniversary! So glad you had a fun night out! We celebrated 15 years on the 20th of December. It hasn't been an easy journey, but so worth it with him by my side...and God at the head of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations on eleven(!) beautiful years. you two are something inspiring, and it's so completely wonderful to see people who love their spouses just like God intended. keep on keeping on, my friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment