operation christmas child.

 
 tomorrow starts Operation Christmas Child collection week.
this is a fun project that our kids look forward to each year.  you simply
pack a shoebox with gifts, choose what gender and age group it should go to
 & take it to a collection center.  you can pay a small fee to help with shipping costs
and then be able to track your box around the world.  

child in Mongolia receiving a box

the shoeboxes go to children in one of more than 100 countries.
it is the only Christmas present that some of these children will ever 
receive.  wait.  i said, these shoeboxes?  they are the only present that some
of these children will ever receive.  in addition to these gifts though, they have
the opportunity to receive something even greater.  they can hear the gospel
through a discipleship program and receive a copy of the New Testament
in their native language. we're pretty excited about that.
here are our prayed over boxes--can't wait to see where they will go!
you have a week to join in if you'd like!
click here for all the details.


Comments

  1. This is GREAT. Just wondering, what sorts of items did you put in the boxes? Thanks. I'm going to do it with my kids!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to take a picture of the inside, but didn't get one! There are 'rules' on the linked website, but here are the things that went in ours:
      Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, t-shirt, playdoh, pens, mechanical pencils, markers, notepad, bouncy balls, small stuffed animal/doll/football, matchbox car, stickers, hard candy, punch balloon, Chapstick, lipgloss, nail polish, hair things, board book, flip flops & a note from each child. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh! We had individual bags of Goldfish crackers in there, too, but I read later no food. (except hard candy) I don't know if they'll have to take those out or not!

      Delete
    3. Those items are great!! I'm off to the store!! THANK YOU as always!!

      Delete
  2. OMG! I have wanted to do this for years, but I've always missed the drop off deadline. Ill def get it in on time this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did seven this year too! I look forward to this every year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a time today with our families at church to pray over each one of our boxes before sending them off. So proud to be a part of such a great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this- my daughter's Brownie troop did five boxes this year and had a great time doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love this! We love to help a child/family each holiday season and I think this is something we could add to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just finished doing this last week but I didn't know that you could actually track the boxes. Was there something I was supposed to save from the paperwork? That would have been neat for the kids to know where they ended up. I agree, it is such a great thing to do with the kids. They were so good in the store shopping even because they understood it wasn't for them but for kids who really didn't have anything. Jerod told me that night that he was their Santa, cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just dropped about 200 of these off at a drop off location this morning! it was SO fun to do! we collected them in our neighborhood and at our church. the stories behind some of these boxes are just amazing...God uses YOU to bless someone that you will never know in such a TANGIBLE way! so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this!! We are doing it with our children.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts