because you will make it.
self-control have been the words of the week around here. pretty much
every person in our house is working on it. yet, aren't we all? i had just
had a[nother] talk with one of the children about it when something completely
unrelated happened that enraged me. honestly, i'm not an easily angered
person and i'm not a catty person, but i felt like shouting to the world about how
mean this person is being. i just kept saying to matt, who DOES that? i can't
imagine being so rude. i was [am] so hurt by it. i knew in my head that i should
continue to be kind, show love & even reach out with friendly gestures every
now and then to this person, but my heart didn't feel the same.
yet, i decided to try to put my talk into action & use that self-control that i
just promised one of the children that we each had through the power of the
Holy Spirit living in us. He's asked me to love my neighbor as myself
and i know that those are my brothers and sisters in Christ in Uganda
as well as the ones in my actual neighborhood. i'm not saying it's easy.
i'm not even saying i'm there yet. but, i'll pray as we make some holiday treats
to deliver. fake it 'til you make it can work as a spiritual discipline, too, right?!


DEEP breath..... Thank you. I needed this!
ReplyDeleteHUGS! Thank you! I needed this. I have a similar (I think) situation involving family. Hurts like crazy. Makes my blood boil.
ReplyDeleteI will fake it till I make it - Jesus' love will prevail! :D
Oh goodness. What do I do now that I'm angry for you? LOL
ReplyDeleteSteph
Dang… this just made me miss you more. Hang in there, it is HAAAAAARRRRRDDDD but somehow in the midst HE does a work. I love you.
ReplyDeleteA lesson that I need, as well. I am sometimes so shocked by rudeness of others, and it's a struggle to handle the situation with grace!
ReplyDelete