stay.

 in the dark of the night,
after a full day in my arms,
i feel them let go--
they sink into me.
i know i could now
lay them down.
 yet, i'd rather 
they stay.
 

Comments

  1. So Beautiful! I started reading your blog about 5 months ago and you are an inspiration to me everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. breathtakingly beautiful, I catch myself in the middle of the night looking down at my baby boy as he sleeps, and it never gets old, or less compelling.

    p.s. so so lovely to find your blog! I'm a fellow sling-diarist, Emily, mama to 8-mth old Reu, living as a missionary in France with my husband :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't check in here as much as I'd like. Your girls are so beautiful. I think of you often and pray for your precious family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes yes yes. i could've written this. such a push and pull these days as parker grows older and i think "nap with him? cuddle him? or get the laundry done while he naps?" too often i'm choosing the second but today i chose the first! and i need to... more often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts