adjectives.
i.do.not.know.the.meaning.of.that.word. she says to me as i tuck them in
tonight. i've said that the dessert they helped me make was heavenly.
that's a perfect adjective for it, i say. that is when she replied in her
silly robot voice. i remind her what an adjective is & we begin
using them to describe things around us. her bed is comfy
& warm. the room safe & red. her sister is bubbly
& fun. then, one of them says to describe mom.
what is this that races through my head? questioning who i am &
wondering if will they dwell on the bad moments like i do at times
in regret? i hear echoes of doubt & wonder if they get enough
of me, do they have enough room to grow, do they feel heard?
glory-filled & beautiful, she says.
despite there being much room for growth in this
broken sinner, i am encouraged, hopeful & humbly grateful.
may i freely give out as much grace & encouragement as my
sweet, little ones just granted me.
::::::::::::::

I believe your beauty is reflected in how your daughter described you. Love you are beautiful giving, and love.
ReplyDeleteBig smile for this post, for what your daughter answered you and how you rhtough the hard and the beautifull times are learning her.
ReplyDeleteYou are human but glory-filled and beautifull, praise God!
love Adriana
I feel like I was stuck in feeling so inadequate and worried about what they'll remember for too long and lately I've been getting glimpses of what's really true. Mostly through them and what they say- I'm trying to pay attention to that over the voices in my head!
ReplyDeleteWe really miss your family. Wish we could bunker down with you all through this storm. How much fun we'd have!!
Steph
yeeeeees. to all of this.
DeleteSo beautiful. Your words, your heart, your mothering and God's abundant grace.
ReplyDeleteglory filled and beautiful, I agree!
ReplyDeletesuch a beautiful post. you radiate both those adjectives so well.
ReplyDeleteThis is fantastic. Found you via Just Write. Love your blog and your awesome babywearing skills. I'll be back!
ReplyDeleteOh melt me why don't cha...
ReplyDelete