two months. [kinda]
i've been using instagram as a mini blog right now. i'm so thankful
for a camera on my phone & apps like that to document these little moments
that string the days together. as much as i feel in the moment that i
will never forget it, it begins to fade.
i woke up today and began singing to the girls about them being two months old.
they alternatly coo'd and cried at me and we did the normal morning routine.
they had their 2 month check up at the doctor bright and early.
after the nurse finished weighing them both, i sat with them--
happily swaddled in only their diapers. i began thinking how easy it felt
and how hard it felt to come to this same office with one baby girl 8 years ago.
we left after getting a glowing report [yay, good breastfeeding growing babies!]
and ran to target to pick up something for a certain brother who is about to turn 4.
we made it home in time for matt to leave for his meeting & i posted this on instagram:
I
mean, I know pride comes before a fall, but I just have to document
that
Emelia, Evie & I just rocked out a doctor's appt and trip to
target in under
two hours. There are hard moments, but I'm so thankful
to feel like this
isn't hard. It's a joy.
and really, it is. mothering these two is a joy. it's not the exact same kind of
mothering i did 8 years ago. i've changed some things that i've figured out
aren't as important. i make us 10 minutes late if they need to finish eating.
i don't change their PJs to take them to the doctor--
i can change them when re-dressing at the doctor's office. my babies are
happier when swaddled as much as possible. that means that i
take the extra 5 minutes and swaddle them when we get wherever we
are going. sometimes, they are swaddled while in the sling.
it also means that i have to let go of a lot of things that i would've
been able to remember & do 8 years ago--
like take that pinterest-y picture of them every month on the
day of their birth. you know, like i planned to do today since
they are 2 months.
yeah.
they were two months yesterday.
well, i might not remember the day of their birth,
but they are happy. and loved.


I love how you embrace life!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
It really hit me just now how sad I feel that I won't bump into you at Target, how I would have loved to see you today with them. Really missing you and just so so glad for the time you're in.
ReplyDeleteSteph
You are such a good mama and that is so something I would have done!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this moment with us! Happy 2 months to the twins!!
ReplyDeleteyou are so inspiring. Julie keeps me aprised of your growing family. Today, mine is growing by 1. we've just accepted a referral of our daughter in China! - Rebecca (Anderson)
ReplyDelete