expectant.

i need to backtrack a little for my own memory. i collect the memories
here because i've found that even though i think i'll always remember 
something, it really does slip away.  

the way they felt inside me.  stretching, pushing, kicking, rolling.
how i tried so, so hard to cherish it and that meant trying not to
complain about it, but i want to remember now.  the pain, the tired,
the hunger, the sleeplessness, the migraines, the nausea...oh my the puking.
anytime my mind went to the hard, i tried to take it captive to what the end
result would be.  [and, man, has that end result been sweet.]
the way we loved to watch my belly grow.
truly amazing.

the joy that it would bring to perfect strangers as they found out that two
little lives were growing inside me.  the way the babies responded to the
older girls singing to them every night.  how the kids kept track of my growth
from who could still hug all the way around me.  how my husband served me
selflessly & without complaint.
how the babies turned whichever way necessary to keep their little heads together.
how emelia got the hiccups every night.  how chill evie was every ultrasound as her
big sis bounced every which way.  how we named you on date night at Dish 
with a Sharpie on their paper tablecloth.  our waitress was the first to know your names.
how i'd lie in bed...
rubbing my stomach and feeling your little knees, elbows & feet.
watching you stretch & turn.  
talking to you about this big ol' family that loves you.
waiting with hopeful expectation to see your precious faces.
so, so grateful to have been chosen to be your mom.  
 
photos by Hannah Grace Photography      

Comments

  1. It truly is a reward. And I'm trying to remember to write it all down, too. Lately I keep thinking it will be there in my mind permanently but it does fade so fast.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing, isn't it? I remember sitting at Dish and you telling us that Clay said there were 2 babies in there before you knew for sure.

    That seems like yesterday, how am I reading such a beautiful recap of it already?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say everything so eloquently. It was nice to take a moment to remember. Even though I didn't carry twins, I had all the morning sickness and pains, but the end result is so wonderful! I would do it all again in a heart beat. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did so well Sister. What precious gifts at the end of a bumpy road!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this beautiful reminder to cherish every moment - even the difficult ones! I am 29 weeks today with twin boys. My sweet hubby got the household running this morning and gave me some extra time to lay in bed and savor their rolling and stretching. We cannot wait to meet these precious treasures the Lord has blessed us with! Thank you for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to remember and amazing pictures

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way to write.

    (and if you are speaking of the Dish in Valpo - it's a great place; one of my favs)

    thelogueway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you are simply one of the most beautiful women out there, and that goes for the inside and the out. These photos...I want to frame them and put them on my wall as if you were family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! Your writing and you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts