little [BIG] moments.
we can model, teach, pray and hope things for our children, but i've tried to be very mindful
that they will make their choices & that only the Spirit can change their hearts. especially
when grafting together a family filled with very different childhoods, it is sometimes painful
to model, teach, pray and hope...and then sit back and wait. yesterday morning, i got to
witness a sweet, sweet glimpse of a brother loving his sisters back. i'm not saying
he hasn't loved them before, but this was a pure, excited,
i-really-love-them-all-and-want-to-do-something-kind-for-them love.
we were having a lazy morning & the kids were all playing as i cleaned up the kitchen.
nico came bounding down the stairs to me and said excitedly,
mom! i have a surprise for the girls so no one can come upstairs.
chloe came up to me shortly after that and asked why nico needed to know all their favorite
colors. i told her i didn't know & we'd just have to see. i continued sweeping and praying
that the girls would be encouraging and gracious to his excited, opening-up heart.
he bounded down the stairs again and all five of them beamed as he passed out beaded
necklaces that he had made in their favorite color with their initial on them.
[wait. there were six of us beaming.]

What a beautiful moment and a very sweet brother.
ReplyDeleteBri
awe...this is precious!
ReplyDeleteI'm welling up..that is so sweet! xx
ReplyDeleteWow! What a kind hearted little man. I LOVE that last photo! The whole story made me beam, too! Thanks for sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteNow I'm beaming too... I love this so, so much.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful to see his heart respond to the love in your home. Tears of joy!
ReplyDeleteBest brother in the world and oh so handsome. Lucky sisters :)
ReplyDeleteOH Love! yay and *tears*!
ReplyDeleteprecious!
ReplyDeleteSO precious.
ReplyDeleteSteph
Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful! xo
ReplyDelete*faints*
ReplyDeleteOh! I just love him!
ReplyDeleteBlessings! I love that last picture. How beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet show of love! So thoughtful! Love the pictures.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful display of his love for his family! Love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteI. LOVE. HIM. Seriously, I do! :)
ReplyDeletelove.
ReplyDeletetears.beauty.love
ReplyDeletewow. what a joyful moment.
ReplyDeleteOh wow! That is beautiful:)
ReplyDeleteOh wow! That is beautiful:)
ReplyDeleteoh man... big puffy squishy heart!!!!
ReplyDeletethis is what it's about!
so awesome!!!! :)
I am normally a lurker not a commenter but this seriously brought me to tears. There are no words Love...precious
ReplyDelete{SNIFF!}
ReplyDeleteTEARS*. Here I go again. crying! This is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteLove this. Thank you for sharing. Praise the Lord!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! What a wonderful brother.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful moment.
ReplyDeleteLove this.
So so beautiful:) xo
ReplyDelete