7 on 7. [+ a giveaway!]

i look at our seven and marvel at this thing called a family.  i regret every time
i was annoyed with my little brother or mad at my sister about clothes.  i worry
about the balance that we're trying to strike--that the rules that a 'big' family just 
has to have in place won't make them resent this.  i remember the evenings of 
telling my mom every single detail about some mundane happening of the day
and urge myself to listen better--to look longer into their eyes.  i hear the weeping
and wailing over insignificance, total loss of self-control, and i dub us failures.

yet, those minutes are brief and i remind myself, yes! we are all failures.
but, grace.  i see a moment in time like this one & know despite all my silly
wonderings, this is exactly how it should be.  despite all the other little moments,
they are loved & they love.  i see it--in each smile, eye & hand. 

 i'm naturally reflecting more on motherhood as Mother's Day approaches.
i've long been a fan of The Vintage Pearl & her jewelry is some of my most treasured.  

Do you need a Mother's Day gift still?  Wouldn't a gift certificate be
perfect?  They are e-mailed to you directly after purchase. 
Click here for the click to buy a gift certificate.

Also?  
The Vintage Pearl is generously giving two $50 gift certificates away!
Just comment here about motherhood, your own mother, who you'd give
this away to or which piece you'd pick for your own.
[1 entry per person.  Ends Thursday, May 10 at noon CST.]

UPDATE: winners by random number generator were #43 and #41
emily & sarah--will be contacting you soon to claim your prize!
happy mother's day!


Comments

  1. I just adore my children. I've been changed and molded by them in easy, lovely ways - and uncomfortable, sometimes painful ways. I'm a mother - the greatest job of all.

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment on motherhood is it is the most amazing, wonderful, rewarding, selfless, and hardest thing I have ever done!!! I couldn't be more thankful for my boys all 4 of them and their adorable little faces ;)


    Krystal Hudspith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. I love her 'family nest' necklace! so perfect! I'm one of 6 and my mom pretty much is a super hero. My sister (who is 18 years younger than me) was born with Down Syndrome, and it's been such a blessing to be able to witness my mom's parenting skills with her! I can only hope to, someday, be half the mom she is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a mom yet, but can't wait to be one someday! I'd love to have rings with my husband & I's birthstones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post! Motherhood is the best and the most challenging thing I've ever done......but I wouldn't change a thing!!!! My greatest blessing and gift is to be a mother!!! I loved the circle bracelet you have pictured here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love being a mom so much to my 3 crazy kids :) and I have such an amazing relationship with my mother. She is definitely my best friend and I hope my kids can say the same thing about me one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being a mom is what I wanted to grow up and do. Now, I am in the middle of the teenage years...and happy with who I have raised. We live on the mission field in a country full of kids who were not raised serving the Lord. So I am spiritual mom to so many girls here. It is a blessing to have a 16 yr old son and 13 yr old daughter who walk in the values we have poured in all these years. And our littlest is 5..really just starting with her. She was adopted 2 years ago, but she has been with us 4 Mother's days now...What a joy, my cup runneth over. Yesterday, she told me "i'm glad you're my real mom...i can't imagine if you weren't." She knows she is adopted and this simple statement was the best mother's day gift ever:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My brother and his wife are welcoming their first child, a boy, into the world today! I would pass this gift on to my sweet sister-in-law to celebrate her new journey into motherhood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so blessed to be a mom of both biological and adopted children! They have forever changed me! I also love the family nest necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wanting to gift my mother with a piece from TVP with all of her grandchildren's names!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Motherhood is the most important job I've done. God has blessed me with only one child which I have to believe is due to her needs and my abilities right now. My heart aches for those still waiting for the love of a mother and father.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how motherhood has given me a glimpse of how my mother loved me. I can look back now and it's like I can feel how she felt when she said that or did that. I didn't know how much my mom loved me, until I had my own little ones to love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been dreaming of a necklace with my kids' names on it. At this point we have three belly grown + 1 heart born + 1 foster baby + hoping to adopt again in the future

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! We can't do anything "right", except by the grace of God. Mothering seems (for me) feels like one of those things that I have to constantly remind myself that it's all about what God is doing through me and not about what I can do on my own. This is true in every area of life but in mothering especially. I love the Vintage Pearl! Some of her rings are beautiful. I would probably pick out something for my mama.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love being a mom. My little girl is so precious. I can't believe how fast time flies. If I win I would love to get the rustic bloom necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, motherhood...the toughest job in the world. I was just in tears on my bed yesterday because I fear that I don't love my kids well enough...especially my two that are hurting and healing from their pasts. I'm so blessed by each of them and pray every morning for God's love to show through me to them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. things are finally beginning to feel easier after 16 months and i would love to show off my sweet 4 on one of these necklaces. :0) your family is precious. i can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember when my first was born her birth-grandmother told me it would go fast. I could not envision how fast it would go. Now my baby is graduating and heading off to college. Treasure the time it really does go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was never super close to my mom until I had my own kids, now it's a relationship that is constantly growing and I'm so thankful for her.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Motherhood is one of the hardest and most sanctifying, beautiful things I have ever experienced and been a part of. I am SO thankful for my 2 sweet boys and a third on the way. I have always wanted one of those charm necklaces with my kids names or initials on it so I can add as our family expands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to have the circle bracelet. I've been swooning over it since Christmas. I love being a mom and feel so blessed that God has blessed me with 2 of his treasures to love! It makes me appreciate my own mom and wonder how in the world she kept the house so clean :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fantastic giveaway I would love to win. I want something with the children's names on it. But like you I have a few of them so it is so hard to fit them on jewelry. But one can always try!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I truly could not be a mother, without my Heavenly Father. I pray each day that I will be as gracious towards my little treasures as He has been to me. ~I LOVE the "Layered Mother of Pearl Necklace"~.

    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am 14 weeks pregnant with our first child, so this mother's day is going to be very special for me! I'm excited for all the wonderful things that are to come!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Motherhood is such a crazy, wonderful, selfless, non-glamorous, tireing, laughter filled gift from God! It's not always pretty but I wouldn't trade it for the world! And I don't think it matters if you have 1, 3, or 9 children....we always hope we give them enough of ourselves

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love vintage pearl and love being a mother. I am also very thankful for my mother.

    sarah
    srockney@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Motherhood has been the most amazing, unexpected and challenging roles in my life. Of course, in the moment, I wish it were easier, calmer, more straightforward or just quieter but the reality is that this is my life and it's building myself and my children up in ways we cannot even imagine. I can't wait to see the adults they become and to marvel at how we all made it through.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love to be a Mother! I am also thankful for my Mothers Godly example to me :)

    Kristy \ outdooraccents1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. i've always said that i'm not a natural at this thing called motherhood. but then....is anyone? i'm not so sure anybody is. what i am sure about is that God has drawn me soooo near to Him thru my journey as a mom. He is constantly refining & teaching me thru my boys and its a beautiful thing! {painful & difficult too. but there is beauty even in the pain & hard of it!} love you & that sweet family of yours! =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love how motherhood has brought me closer to understanding my own mother. When I saw her excitement yesterday, I realized that in no part of my surprise party was SHE getting any credit for undergoing a c-section 30 years ago... yet she could care less, because no matter how old I am, she just wants to see me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am not the mother I imagined myself to be. I am guessing that most of us could say that. The first child was 'easy'. She is a laid back person and stereotypical firstborn...she makes it easy to want to be around her and to parent her. Less then a year and half later we added three sons to our family. I found that I yelled a lot and that deep inside sometimes I resented serving the 4 children and my husband. Years have passed and those three sons have been welcomed into forever families (as have other kiddos), we welcomed another biological child (another girl but this one doesn't like 'easy'), I continue to struggle with my servant's heart (but am quicker to realize that little feeling and properly estinguish it), and I find that I still yell more then I like (but a lot less often.) I have to ask forgiveness a lot - I never imagined that part either. But I am thankful for the husband, the children, and the Savior who all quickly accept that forgiveness (and love me anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the birthstone rings and have been eyeing them since we found out we are expecting #2 in August. Being a mommy is the best and most challenging thing and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I gave my mom a Vintage Pearl necklace for Christmas and she's worn it every day since. It has all of the names of her children on it and is such a precious treasure! I would treat my mom to another treasure with this gift certificate. She's the greatest, and absolutely deserves it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the picture of the kids. Such a beautiful family. My mom was my idol. She taught me everything. I am so thankful that she was my mom. I miss her every day.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the necklace with the heart in the middle and names around it. I love my mom for so many reasons. She is an example of what it means to walk by faith, as she and my dad did for so many years as missionaries, and as she continues battling cancer for 20 years now. She is my biggest cheerleader and encourager now that I am a mom! On my hardest days she calls or writes me with words of wisdom and encouragement. I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love love the Dove ring---Id keep it for myself :) I am a mother to 1. I have a love for her that I could never imagine. I am so glad God picked me to be her mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Motherhood has challenged me more than one way. I love it and it's a learning process and it always will be those two things.

    I would love a giveaway because I would want to give the certificate to a friend of mine that lost her two children. I know she would love the angel wing necklace. She lost her 4 year old in 2011 and recently lost her 1.5 year old, due to heart problems. I know it has to be so hard during Mother's Day for her because she has been a mother for 6 years now, and now has no children. It would make her day a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love my momma and I hope I can successfully teach my son the important things I learned from her. I'd love to have a necklace with my loves on it.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I always loved and adored my mom, but never did I understand or appreciate her more than when I had my own kids. The ache of a mother's heart to "fix" anything that causes her child discomfort, the love that supercedes all sorts of mistakes, the great grace and mercy she bestowed upon us....I pray that I can follow in my dear mama's shoes as I raise my own kids! There is no greater, more fun, or scarier task! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I adore being a mother. It is such an amazing job...even in the most difficult moments. I would love to have something from The Vintage Pearl with my son's name and birthstone!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I think I'd pick the Dainty Drop bracelet for myself (with Nolan's name on it).

    ReplyDelete
  42. I've always loved her jewelry! My mom is such a hard worker, such a help to so many people. She's got the gift of organization and I LOVE when she comes to stay. My kids adore her and she takes them on walks and to parks (when I just need a break). She's such a great role model of a prayer warrior too.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I appreciate your honesty and perspective in this post! So thankful for grace in motherhood! I really like the circle of love necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I became a new mother to a precious three year old this year... I pray that I show her the grace and tenderness my mother shows me. What a special day this year's Mother's Day will be!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  45. I have always, always drooled over their jewelry! If I won, I would love to get a necklace for a woman I've sort of adopted as my mom over the years. She is really less than 10 years older than me, but she is a motherly figure and best friend to me. She recently lost her mom to cancer and she also lost her best friend to cancer last year, so she is going through a lot right now. I love that picture of all your babies <3

    ReplyDelete
  46. I was just reflecting with my husband this morning about how fast this parenting thing is going. Way too fast if you ask me. I'm a bit sad about it, but also trying to enjoy the time I have with them now. I think I'd give this necklace to our birthmom if I won. We keep in contact with her from time to time and I know Mother's Day is always hard for her, so this would brighten her day.

    ReplyDelete
  47. To me, being a mother is the most selfless thing a woman can do.
    (God bless your growing family!)

    Andrea
    Columbus, Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  48. Mom: something I always wanted and am so BLESSED to have received. Grace is right. We fail. But the blessings and the grace conquer all that failure. Love you, Love!! Thinking of you often, but esp this week before the LTYM show. You are missed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh my goodness gracious! I've been asking for a mother's ring/necklace/bracelet (anything) for 4 years now :-) I would definitely choose one of the necklaces with my children's names on it with their birthstones. That would be fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am so excited to be celebrating my first Mother's Day! We passed court for our son on April 24th and I couldn't feel more blessed to get to be his parent! I would definitely choose on of the stamped bracelets..you know, so I can add more names as the years go on! =))

    ReplyDelete
  51. While I am not a mother yet, I cannot wait to be, as I was blessed to have the most selfless, and giving mother a girl could hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I would love to gift my mother with this jewelry! She is so loving to me!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I have always loved TVP jewelry. I bought one for my mom for her birthday last year and now would love one for myself. It would be hard to choose just one thing =)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Becoming a mother has been one of the most amazing experiences of my entire life. I never thought I could love so much, cry so much, smile so hard, laugh so loud, or get by on so little sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I would love to get the layered mother of pearl necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I got my first piece from the Vintage Pearl last year for Mother's day and I treasure it. If I won I would have to get a piece for my mom. She is the rock in our family. The one that keeps us together. The way she is taking care of her parents and raising a little one for my cousin is amazing. She deserves to be pampered and treasured for the wonderful person she is.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I would love a piece of jewelry to represent the Ethiopian twins we are beginning the process of adopting.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love being a mom...I hope to be a treasured person to our children as they grow older. That they know, despite my shortcomings, that I am doing my best, that we are doing our best. That their dad and I truly believe we belong moving all over the world, different cultures and such, that we move every three years or so.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Such a fun post! Motherhood is way more challanging and rewarding than I ever thought it would be. Each of our kiddos has taught me to love in a new way!

    ReplyDelete
  60. All the pieces are beautiful! I'm looking forward to becoming a mom hopefully very soon - we're in the process of adopting our son from Africa right now. I've loved reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I would love to gift something to my well-deserving, beautiful MOTHER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. I would love to give my sister-in-law a necklace like the one in the top right corner. She made my dream come true on October 16th, 2011... she made me an aunt. Having two older brothers, I always thought I'd be an aunt before a mom, and I have always been excited about that. I love my precious little niece more than I ever could have imagined. I am so thankful that God picked my sister-in-law out for my brother. She is a godly, patient, caring, intelligent, and thoughtful wife and mother. I'd love to give her a sweet gift like this to celebrate her first mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Celebrating my mom and mil this weekend - thankful for their wisdom and guidance!

    ReplyDelete
  64. For my sister, who has a heart full of love to give, but it having a struggle to get her babies here.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I am not currently a mother but I feel like there is a child out there waiting for my husband and I. We are wanting to adopt (haven't started the process yet) but we know without a doubt that there will be a child that God made specially for us.

    My mother on the other hand had two daughters naturally and I couldn't have asked for a better mother. She is always there for me to talk to why I have a question or just need to vent. She is more than a mom, she's a best friend now that I'm a wife. I am so thankful for my mother and my family and hope to give other children the same stable loving upbringing I had.

    ReplyDelete
  66. my little baby just turned 1 last week. oh how time goes by fast. i have 4 kids and need a new mothers necklace. i hae always wanted something from vintage pearl :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. I'm desperately longing to be a mother. I was born to do this. Despite the fact that I'm facing another failed round of fertility treatments, I'm keeping my faith and remembering that God wants to give me the desires of my heart! Happy Mother's Day to all!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I'd give one to a dear friend...

    ReplyDelete
  69. Being a mother is the best {and my most favorite} thing in the whole world. Just tonight I let my 2.5 year old hustle me for 45 minutes before finally turning out the lights and putting him in bed... what does it really hurt to snuggle a little long, rock a little harder, read the same book one more time... I treasure those little moments!

    ReplyDelete
  70. This is my first Mother's Day as a Mommy of 4. Last year it was Mommy of 2. I love our big family, although it seems small compared to yours:) There has been a lot of adjustment over the last 3 months but also so much love and acceptance. Your desire to be more intentional in the moments really hit home with me. It's the every day interactions with my children that matter. Happy Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. 1 child, 7 children, more...we all doubt ourselves and dub ourselves failures time and time again. This is no perfect art, praise Jesus. On a particularly disparing day recently, my husband shared some profound words with me He said, "Anything that is hard, that is a challenge, that is worth doing will leave you feeling like a failure more often that not, and that is ok. This mothering is the most challenging and the hardest, so it will feel that way, but we all know the successes are much more important that a passing feeling."

    ReplyDelete
  72. I love reading about your family, Love! I love being a mom and it is defintely the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done. I love my two adorable kiddos more than I could have ever imagined!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Motherhood means many things. I spend my days helping women bring their children into the world as a midwife's apprentice, helping them to see their own strength and beauty. I am privileged to witness women become mothers, blessed to share the journey... and reminded of the truth that motherhood is so much more than even this. 2 years ago I became a "mother" for a tiny abandoned baby in a far away orphanage, nameless, alone. She was placed in my arms straight from the ambulance that brought her through the rusty gates. I was told to give her a name, and she became mine... Isabella Esperanza Maria became known that day, It means God is my oath and hope in this sea of bitterness.I had to leave her there when my mission was over, but kept in contact, prayed and waited for the day i could come and get her... her birth mama came back for her 6 months later. I was told by somebody very wise that I was a mother mourning, and that was the best description I have heard to date about how I feel being so far away from the baby girl who spent her first week out of the hospital laying skin to skin on my chest. She needed a mother, and I needed her. Her story is here http://courtneyblackwell.blogspot.com/2011/07/story-time.html I have no children from my womb, but Isabella will always be the daughter of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  74. I love reading your blog! I am a mom to six...4 bio and 2 adopted blessings. Just tonight I filled out the application for Great Wall...if we can come with the money we are hoping to adopt a sweet three year old boy who is turning blue because he needs heart surgery. I have a necklace with the other kids names...I would love to use the certificate once he comes home :) Could you pray with us that God's will be done in this adoption? THANKS! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  75. I am 18 years old, and the daughter to the most wonderful mother in the world. I know everyone thinks that, but listen to this:
    For 7 years I begged her to convince my dad to let us adopt. I brought them children's profiles, I pulled the "we have an extra bedroom", and I prayed like no other. She finally told me, "We are open to the idea of adoption, but if God wants us to adopt He will have to bring the children to us." As soon as I heard, "We are open to the idea of adoption" I began praying for God to bring us some children, and I didn't stop until 6 months ago when He, almost literally, dropped three boys from Ghana into our family's lap. We couldn't be more grateful for the blessings that they are to our family, and we love them more than we could have ever thought possible. Now my mom, who is 51 years old, mother's 7 kids; 4 biological, 3 adopted and we range in ages from 5 years old-28 years old. Oh, and did I mention that she teaches kindergarten too? And has delicious home cooked meals (almost:) every night for us. She's basically super mom.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Being a mom is the greatest and hardest job I have ever had! I am blessed to be surrounded by so many other moms that inspire me and encourage me. Plus...I have a mom that has loved me unconditionally for my entire life! Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Motherhood has turned out to be what is teaching me patience, to curb my temper, to love more openly. I love being Nora's mama....even if she is trying at times!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I'm mom to 4 wonderful boys...they've taught me so much. Praying to soon be adding a couple more through adoption. It's a story only God could write... My mom is amazing! She has always found a way to make each one of us (there are 8!) feel special and continues to do so w/ all the grands and great-grands.

    ReplyDelete
  79. I love my mom. I hope I can be half the mom to my daughter and my baby on the way as she is to me. BTW, I LOVE the vintage pearl. I have a necklace I wear daily bearing the name Anna and her birthstone. I'm awaiting the arrival of a new baby (gender and name unknown) and will be ordering another pendant. I would love to have this gift card to make it free!!

    ReplyDelete
  80. In my eyes, I have the strongest mom....always knew she was strong, but in February I was blown away at her courage and strength. She was diagnosed with the most aggressive brain tumor you can have and a few days later had 80% of it removed and has endured radiation and a daily chemo pill. During this time she was the one comforting us with our Heavenly Father's love. Her faith and stedfast belief in God's healing power has been an inspiration to me!! She has taught me that no matter what the situation, I need to have an unwavering faith. I pray that my children see a glimpse of my mother in me....for that I will be truly grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I am going to be selfish here and describe what I would pick! I would pick the necklace with our children's names going up and around. We went from 2 to 5 in 3 weeks through adoption and a surprise birth! Life is crazy, but wonderful and my kids rock.

    ReplyDelete
  82. I know that we were born to think our own Mother is the best but I truly do think mine is wonderful! She is a breast cancer survivor when no one thought she would be! She valiantly fought to spend more time on this Earth with her 5 daughters and her ever expanding brood of grandchildren(11 so far!) and showed us all the meaning of never give up. I am so proud of her! If I won this giveaway, the prize would be hers to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  83. How pretty! I know my mom would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  84. We are not a big family and I never thought I wanted to be a mom, but here I have 3 kiddos who all came to our house in different ways. They bring the most joy and the most anxiety and self-reflection of anything I have done (and that's saying a lot of a 33 yr old public high school teacher.) My reflection on motherhood is that it makes me more mindful as a person, as a wife, as a teacher, as a pseudo-parent of other peoples' dear children. I am more careful of my words and actions because of my intense love for my three littles.

    I would choose the infinity bracelet - it would be visible to students and my children and remind me of that mindfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I am the mom to a 5 year old little girl and triplets, one of which was born too soon. We recently were able to bring our other 2 home at 4.5 months old. This isn't how I envisioned motherhood but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Walking this road that I'm on has molded me into the person and mom that I am. I thank God for allowing me to be the mom to these 4 blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  86. I became a mom February 28th -- ten weeks ago today. And it is one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  87. This past weekend I went for pedicures with my mom and my daughter. I love the relationship that the 3 of us have and hope one day I'm able to sit with my daughter and HER daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  88. This was a lovely post - the timing was perfect. I love my son to the moon and back and since I get to stay home with him, every day is mothers day for us!

    ReplyDelete
  89. I learned about motherhood from fostering babies. Absolute best and hardest experience of my life. And now I'm getting to learn about motherhood from carrying a child of my own and my husband's. What sweet blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Mothers Day is always bittersweet. My mom died when I was an infant however my dad remarried quickly after and I do have a wonderful mother. I still miss the mom I never knew...
    I'm also so grateful to be the mom of 3 wonderful kiddos ages 9-15. They bless me daily!

    ReplyDelete
  91. I'm struggling in my relationship with my own mother, but I love being a mom to my three kids. I've been a fan of TVP for a while now... Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  92. I love being a mama! It is the best job I have ever had and I feel so blessed to have been given my three sweet chickadees to love on. I am also thankful God blessed me with a close relationship with my wonderful Mother and Grandmother, I couldn't have possible picked two sweeter ladies to have in my life.
    I hope you have a great Mother's Day Love! Thanks for sharing your beautiful family with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Mother's day is my birthday... So I'd take that gorgeous bird ring. No question.
    Thanks, Love!

    ReplyDelete
  94. I love being a mama to my two sweet girls & I am blessed to share this life with them & my wonderful hubby!

    heatherneroy at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  95. Oh, I'll need a new Vintage Pearl mom necklace next month as our fourth baby arrives through adoption!

    ReplyDelete
  96. I got my mom a "Grammy" necklace from VP last mothers day when I was pregnant with the 1st grandchild. Now that our sweet girl is here, I'd love one of my own to celebrate her!

    ReplyDelete
  97. The bird ring is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  98. Being a mom reminds me of how quickly life passes and just how precious life really is.

    ReplyDelete
  99. I actually gifted my mom with a gift certificate to The Vintage Pearl last year so she could wear all 8 of her childrens' names around her neck.

    ReplyDelete
  100. i adore your beautiful, happy crew. and erin does such lovely work.

    i think i'd give a piece to my mom, since this is her first mother's day without her mom, and the absence--though temporary--yawns wide.

    ReplyDelete
  101. It's always so hard to know what to give to moms. What can you buy that tells her how much she means to you but doesn't cost you a million dollars. These necklaces are great and the personalization means every mom has a different one. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  102. She has so many beautiful items! I think that I would choose the dainty drops necklace as a gift to myself. I had another baby after 11 years and don't have any keepsake jewelry for the new guy (now 18 months old) yet. I would like to necklace commemorating both of my boys

    fieryone at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  103. I would split the $100 between my mom and my husbands.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Love the pearl nest ring and vintage starfish! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  105. A funny observation: who knew I would ever peel grapes for anyone? :)

    ReplyDelete
  106. Motherhood is something that I am not sure I can put into words...it's beautiful...surreal...amazing...fulfilling...hard. I love every bit of it. I would love to get a necklace with all 4 of my babies names...I am AWFUL at deciding though which one I would want because they are all so beautiful! It would be a toss up between the layered circle of love and the rectangular drops necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  107. I found your blog through TVP and I'm so glad I did! I have one of their necklaces and I will cherish it forever, but we are adding another soon and I'd love to get an updated piece with everyone's name included! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  108. I love being a Mom because my boys are such a joy. Yes, they drive me nuts about half the time, but they are growing into such fun kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  109. Being a mom has been one of the most rewarding experiences in my life. I thought it was all about teaching them, but the joke was on me! Being a mom is just God's way to teach me!! Motherhood has taught me how much I need Him.

    ReplyDelete
  110. This will be my first Mother's Day, and I am so blessed and beyond thankful for my sweet baby boy. The Lord has taught me so much about love through being a mom. The Vintage Pearl has beautiful pieces, but I think I would get the flutter necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  111. Being a mom is the most important job I have and I am lucky enough to have two sweet babies who make me a better person. They teach me as much as I teach them. My Mom has taught me what a loving mom should be like and I try to emulate that every day. I love The Vintage Pearl and found your blog through them. I have been eyeing the Flutter necklace from the ready to ship page. I am absolutley obsessed with birds these days.

    ReplyDelete
  112. AW... I love Vintage Pearl. I actually found your blog through her blog. I'd love to use a GC to buy my mother something great with my girls' names on it. Your family is gorgeous!

    kuparstwn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  113. I have heard some people mention that motherhood is so hard because nobody tells you what you have to give up in order to be a parent. I do not believe this is true. Motherhood is not about giving things up and losing yourself. It is about gaining new insights, skills and characteristics to help you go from the woman you were to the woman you must become – the woman you were always meant to be. Motherhood is evolving.

    You go from being a carefree woman into a million different things. In one moment you become a caregiver, a maid, a teacher, a taxi service, a Laundromat operator, a nurse, a fashion consultant, a personal meal planner and a chef. As a mother, you are constantly moving and on the go. If you ever stop moving (and that is a big IF), you are thinking about all of the things you must still get done. Motherhood is busy.

    It is a joy, as a mother, to be able to wake up, have a shower, eat, put on makeup and do your hair before 10:00am. Even though motherhood is not fancy, and a large portion of it is spent in your sweatpants or pajamas, it is remarkable. Your children’s eyes sparkle brighter than the biggest diamond when they smile; you look better in a milk stained t-shirt than you do in a Versace dress; you keep your children safer in a minivan than you do in a sports car. Motherhood may not be glamorous, but it is beautiful.

    Motherhood is educating. Motherhood is sacrificing. Motherhood is carrying your childrens’ hearts in your heart. Motherhood is influential.
    Being a mother is extraordinary. You can do some many things as a mother and feel so many wonderful emotions. Overall, motherhood is love.

    ReplyDelete
  114. I love the starfish. I'm sure you've heard the story of the starfish...and how it's a nice reminder for adoption or foster care. While I can't change the huge number of orphans or children in foster care, I can change as many individual lives as possible. I've been wanting to get a piece of starfish jewelry to remember this on especially hard days. I've had a few of those days lately, with the challenges of foster care. I'm a busy mother of 3 youngsters (bios) and currently a three year old precious one with cerebral palsy through foster care. I am very much at peace in the Lord's will, no matter how exhausted or emotional I may become at times....
    I know you are feeling exhaustion, hang in there. You are being such a shining light.

    ReplyDelete
  115. While I would love to give this to my mom, and she definitely deserves it. I would want to give this to my aunt. Her son (my cousin) has been missing in the Great Smokey Mountains for nearly 2 months. Mothers Day is going to be hard on her, and on top of that...it's her son's birthday on the 13th also. Something pretty would make an incredibly tough day just a little easier. I would love it if you could pray for my whole family, and you can find updates by going onto Facebook and searching for Find Derek Lueking.

    ReplyDelete
  116. I would get one of the necklaces with the birthday stones on it and put all her grandchildren and her new great grandchild. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  117. I would love to give my mom a lovely gift with the names of her 6 grandchildren. My brother and I gave her a mother's ring some years ago, but I know that she would love something that shows the love she has for her grandchildren.

    Becky P.

    ReplyDelete
  118. I love motherhood and currently enjoying being pregnant with baby #3! Love that he is always with me! I love vintage pearl it would be so hard to choose but I love the coordinates of your heart and the sign language one and the large layers!

    ReplyDelete
  119. I would give one to my sister. Between the 2 of us, we have 7 kids...a huge blessing. Always loud, always fun and always reminded that God loves them more than we ever could.

    ReplyDelete
  120. I love reading your blog because while much of the world thinks I'm crazy to have 4 kids, when I see your beautiful bunch I'm pretty sure our house isn't quite full. :)

    ReplyDelete
  121. Your family is just beautiful. On the mother thing, I'm waiting on our first child through adoption and long to be a mother! Hope this is the last mother's day without a kiddo in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  122. I am thinking a lot about our son's Ugandan mother and grandmother, and 2 girls we know of who each lost their mamas at birth and never got a chance to know them. I would like a mom-necklace that somehow honors our son's Grandma and mama.

    ReplyDelete
  123. I would love to gift this to my SIL for her first Mother's Day. She has tried for years to conceive and this would be the perfect first momma's day gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  124. I love my mom. There's no way I would have survived deployments without her. I can't wait to move back home and hug her daily.

    I hope my boys love me the way I love her. I hope they long to hug me when they're grown.

    :)

    Love your beautiful family. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  125. Motherhood is a gift and one that I wasn't sure for years I would receive. I am so thankful for my son and the joy he brings to my life every day.

    your family is gorgeous!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts