what i'm reading.

on the web:

[beautiful. and these are the kind of people i want my kids to look up to.]

[totally feeling her here. God is not looking for perfect people, just willing ones.]

[new to me blog, but the raw honesty about adoption in this post is beautiful.]

[i love pinterest if a get a few minutes, but the bottom line in this post is a must read!]


hold in my hand books:

Kelle Hampton
[beautiful, inspiring and funny. devoured it in 24 hours.]

[just picked it up at the insistence of one of my best friends over breakfast on Saturday.]

hmm. i don't have any cute book pics right now, but i do have a crazy cute confetti bianca one.
on my iphone kindle:

[heavy, serious, eternal....and needed.  slowly digging into this & recommend it.]

[beautiful and challenging. ever been on a life journey that you didn't expect? read this.]


in my Bible: 

Matthew 3
[our small group is doing a MacArthur study through Matthew.]

Proverbs 22 on April 22
[everyday, i try to make it to a chapter of this wisdom. my fave today? verse 9] 


what'cha reading lately? 
 
[book & kindle links are affiliate, but only because it seemed silly not link 
them to my account if i was going to talk about them here, right?!]

Comments

  1. Oh, that's a great photo of Bianca! I really want to read that Francis Chan one! And I'm so glad you got Nie Nie's book. I meant to say that the sibling dynamic (of her own four but mainly of her 8 brothers and sisters) just wowed me and I know you'll appreciate!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enemies of the Heart- Andy Stanley
    breaking free from the four emotions that control you. good and right to the "heart".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading Bloom right now (like all day today!).
    My husband and I are reading Chan's Crazy Love (again) for small group.
    I have also been reading and re-reading my highlights in the book Kids Beyond Limits by Anat Baniel.

    Thanks for sharing your list! I love to hear what others are reading and make note for future days in the pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered the Stephanie Nielson book the other day. Other than that, I am reading Free-Range Chicken Gardening, and some other hobby farm books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hands: Loving the Little Years - Rachel Janockovic ... a really sweet little book that have some great perspectives about mothering a crew while they are little.

    Ereader: The Book Thief... seriously interesting... it is a book from "Death's" point of view.

    Bible: Colossians... so good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard a radio interview on Focus on the Family with the gal who wrote "Laying Down My Isaac" and it sounded really heartwrenching! I got Francis Chan's hell book so I should start on that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished The Sacred Marraige by Gary Thompson and The Dirty Life by Kim Kimball and just started Billy Graham's "Nearing Home" and "A Mother's Heart" by Jean Fleming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love MacArthur...I listen to his sermons everyday in my car ride to work. I just finished Chan's Erasing Hell and was totally convicted and now I need to pick up Bloom. :) Reading Luke and 2 Corinthians.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Love, do you know how the family is doing that adopted little Anika from Russia?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am also reading Bloom. I have been following Kelle Hampton's blog for awhile now and am totally moved by her story. The outlook she has on life as related to the unexpected curveballs we are all thrown certainly makes me re-examine my own reaction to life events. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just finished Heaven is For Real...AMAZING! Loved it so much I bought the childrens book version for both my son and nephew who made their First Holy Communions this past Sunday. I highly recommend it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just finished '7' by Jen Hatmaker. MUST READ! I have passed it on to 3 of my friends already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Love. I needed that article "Your Children Want YOU!" Trying to remember that I am enough.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovelyn,

    Ran into Matt on Friday at Starbucks! Prompted me to catch up on some of your blog posts and got all the way back to this one. I had to stop when I saw what books you're reading (at least were reading 3 weeks ago). Carol Kent's book..."When I Lay My Isaac Down". You ready for this? Her son whom she writes about, JP, was one of my best friends growing up. Though we mostly went our separate ways (like many do) in college, we still caught up on occasion, and I had the chance to be with him at his wedding. When he was incarcerated I happened to be headed to Florida for work and had the chance to be one of the first to visit him...that was all back in 1999. Our correspondance is still intermittent, but Kerith and I still usually get to see Gene and Carol once a year or so and get the updates. Anyhow...I often forget how strong her/their story is and how much impact it is having on others!

    We always enjoy hearing how you're family is doing through the grapevine!

    -Jon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts