bumpity.
today was the first day that someone asked, is this your first?
[usually they add the word pregnancy onto the question.] i was able
to answer, no these are number 8 & 9.
that was fun. after she recovered from her shock, we had a good talk.
people always ask how i do it, i've written about that before. the truth
really is that i don't know. trust me. it's not like i was made for this.
i'm not the most patient person. i'm not the most selfless person.
and, really? i kind of dislike loud.
yet, i adore our big family and cannot imagine it any other way. i'm
growing in areas that i'm definitely weak in & thankful that our family
is a team to build & sharpen each other. there is hard. of course!
the trade off is totally worth it though.
the lady that asked the question was so surprised and encouraged. she
said that one of her good friends was having twins & had a little girl already.
she is scared and feeling very unsure about having multiples. she was going to
tell her our story to give her encouragement that this is definitely do-able.
[this is definitely do-able, right?!] smile.
i need to do a bump update because i'm really trying to savor this pregnancy.
the girls are moving all around and can be felt more as they kick. no one else
has been able to catch them kicking yet, but it's got to be coming soon.
twin B kicked clay in the head twice today, but he didn't feel it. he did think
it was pretty funny when i told him.
i don't think i journaled about the ultrasound yet. twin A is on my right.
the tech said that she didn't think she'd seen such an active baby in all her 10 years!
twin B was so sleepy and calm that she had to jiggle my belly all around the
whole time to get the measurements that she needed. it was fun to watch them.
they are not in the same sac--there is a thin membrane in between them, so
we still don't know if they are identical or fraternal. they don't have names
yet, but it sure is fun finding them. what fun this is!
![]() |
| 21 weeks |
| 22 weeks |


You look adorable!!! :)
ReplyDeleteAt first I was going to call you a genius for having that row of sinks installed in your new house. Then I realized you were ad Target - ha! You are adorable!!
ReplyDeleteYou are the cutest pregnant person I ever saw!!! Congratulations Love! I hope we get to meet ALL of you soon!
ReplyDeleteAnd to think that people ask me how I do it with my 4 who are 5,4,3, and 2. And YES we want more, too. You look beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove the bathroom shot! You look great! What a special time for you! :) So happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteadorable!! AND I love your t shirt in the last pic! :)
ReplyDeleteOver half way there - :) Fun!
ReplyDeleteYou are such an inspiration , truly and your belly is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful witness to LIFE!
ReplyDeleteGod bless your growing family.
This is cute, and I think it's FANTASTIC how you took a pic in the Target bathroom! Hee hee!
ReplyDeleteAnd you ARE an inspiration!! :)
As always, your attitude is so encouraging! You look wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHa- I love the bottom bump photo! This is so fun to WATCH! :)
ReplyDeleteSteph
You're so cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm expecting #9 in five weeks...I LOVE the looks I get from people when they hear that. heehee Frequently they can't come up with anything to say...
You are adorable!! So glad you are feeling better!!
ReplyDelete