morning by morning.

yesterday was just one of those days.  i was tired.  so, so tired.  i honestly kept
thinking to myself the things that were coming up next and i didn't know how i
was going to get through them.  i'm not talking about huge projects or extravagant
outings.  i'm talking homework, dinner & bedtime, friends.  i looked at the babies
[yes, i mean the 3 year olds] and i cried.  they were throwing the 82 hoodies and
the basket of extra shoes that i had cleaned out of the mud room the day before
all over the entryway.  

i cried because i didn't have the energy to stop them.
i cried because i knew once they were tucked into bed that night & sweetly
sleeping--i would regret each ounce of impatience & not being in the moment
with them.  i cried because these babies [okay, now i'm talking about the 2 in
my belly] are so very wanted and loved that i don't want to wish the tiredness
and achey-ness away.  

i did the best i could in the moment, but it wasn't exactly
pretty.  thankful for a husband, though obviously not perfect either, that sees me and 
hears me. he did the dentist appointment, the school pick up, 3 of the 5 big ones 
homework, drum & guitar lessons & brought home dinner before his church meeting. 
the kids got tucked in much more rushed & short than my heart would like,
but with love, hugs & prayers.  i climbed into my bed by 8:00 to the little,
gentle kicks in my belly.  i'm certain i was asleep by 8:05; 
thankful for the promise of new mercies morning by morning.

photo by & available from Take the Cannoli

Comments

  1. Amen for new mercies! Need them more than not. Hang in there sweet friend. Praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I SO get this! Sometimes the promise of a new morning is just the perfect amount of promise to get us through the rest of today. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so been there & I'm not pregnant..... Praying for you & lifting you up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this tired, and I'm not pregnant. It's so hard sometimes at the end of the day. I expend so much energy on 8th graders and then wait, I don't get to come home and just stare blankly at the wall?! Sometimes it's all I can do to not just lie down on the floor and say MERCY.
    For every rushed bedtime, though, there are so many that aren't and in the end, we're still there to tuck them in and kiss them good night and guide their little souls into a sweet sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amen for new mercies, and for understanding husbands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always helps me to remember that these pregnancies, these babies, they are God's plan not just for me, but for my children and my husband as well. God is at work refining all of us, and sometimes that means in serving Mommy or extending grace to Mommy. When I worry that they will suffer from my exhaustion or inability to do everything because I'm physically incapable, I remember that God is faithful in all things. Also, that kids are resilient and I have seen mine have SO MUCH compassion this time around. Hang in there, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great is His faithfulness!
    I know the spent feeling. I am praying for rest for your, sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *hug*
    I am also so very thankful for an understanding husband!

    ReplyDelete
  9. New mercies, unending forgiveness, unfathomable patience, and unwavering love, God blesses we moms every day with these knowing we want so desperately to show them to our children. Even when we don't, He continues to pour it all into and onto us. We wake up and try again and will do so every single day. Some days are good, some are not, but they are all in His hands!
    God bless and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you. I am so desperate for his new mercies each morning. What wonderful gifts they are!

    -Alisha from www.newmerciesdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts