update.
hi, friends. so, i'm not much of a let's-talk-about-while-i've-been-gone
and i-feel-so-terrible-that-i-haven't-been-blogging person because it's just
not who i am, but let's talk about it for a minute this time.
thank you for your love with our happy news. we are thrilled to be
expecting our eighth child! somehow that number still seems so foreign and
so perfect to me at the same time. i honestly don't think we have this
gigantic family most of the time, but i'm beginning to wonder if i'll be able
to keep believing that with eight little ones in the house.
i'm sick, ya'll. i think i'll talk about it more sometime this pregnancy
because it's a big part of my [pregnancy] life, but not now. for now,
i'm just really sick. not normal sick. terribly, often dangerously &
mad at how much joy it tries to steal from pregnancy sick.
sick like matt has taken over basically everything &
anything extra at all has had to be let go of.
i want to get back here when i can though. i have more to share
about our family trip to uganda, the created for care conference,
our growing family & and even some little sweeties that are
searching for their families.
for now, let's catch up on the fun of this baby. i'm due at the end of august and, no,
we won't find out if it's a boy or girl before then. i'm really excited about that.
this baby does not have a name either way right now, which is so different
for us. we need to work on that! all the kids are so excited. some do ask
for the baby to come out right now so mommy isn't sick anymore, but,
as always, it's great to watch them learn and to teach them about patience &
perseverance. i've got to find some better light to document this pregnancy in
pictures, but i have some grainy iphone pics for now. forgot to write on
the last one, but it's 13 weeks--such a good memory my uterus has--popping
right back out there like we're midway or something!
no matter what, i'm so thankful for this time & this baby is so very loved!

So terrible and like a long, dark cloud to feel so yucky for so long. Hope you feel better soon. This baby is blessed to have 7 siblings awaiting his/her arrival :) You look great!
ReplyDeleteso thrilled for you! praying your sickness flees soon. you are beautiful, mama. love to you!
ReplyDeleteI just hate that you are so sick. That just doesn't seem quite fair!! You look amazing as usual! Prayers for the sickness to pass...SOON.....very soon!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you are so sick. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could take it away for you! I remember ALL TOO WELL how awful it is and I'm praying you right through it!!! Love that tiny little bump!!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon! What a tremendous blessing to have such a large, beautiful family. We truly do serve an awesome God :).
ReplyDeleteAll I can think of is how heaven is rejoicing at another sweet blessing on the way who will be raised in a loving, Christ centered home. A world changer in the making. :) Prayers that you feel better very soon!
ReplyDeletethinking of you, love. i can only imagine. i am praying that god scoops you up in his big strong hands and takes all the yuck away....at least for a little while.
ReplyDeleteI hope the sickness passes swiftly and you're able to enjoy some feeling-good weeks!!
ReplyDeleteI know all too well the strains of hyperemesis. Praying for grace and peace for you and Matt during this time. You are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteBri
Praying the sickness eases soon! My uterus has a similar memory...which is why with Gideon we found out we were pregnant only after two different people asked when I was due, I adamantly denied it, and then decided maybe they were right and I should take a test. I was only like 5 or 6 weeks :)
ReplyDeleteSending you and the little one a lot of love.
ReplyDeleteI would love to drop a meal off on your porch someday soon. I'll email you to set it up.
Miss you muchly.
Yay for an August baby. I have one, she's a doll :) I was so very sick with my son (he's 3 weeks old tomorrow) that I didn't even want to talk to people. Now that he's out, I see how worth it all was, which I know you know. Hang in there mama, the final product will be beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteLifting you up in prayer ~ that He would take this sickness and that He would bless you with relief and comfort to enjoy this pregnancy! So excited for you and thinking August 14th is a pretty cool birthday! ;) Love you!
ReplyDeleteHi, Love! Congrats on your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteI know that exhausting/miserable/stressful kind of morning sickness very well (TOO well). I will pray that it subsides for you soon.
Our 3rd baby is due in early April. Yay. Countdown!
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
So excited for your family, and so sorry you're sick. I'm thankful I was never sick like that, but I have friends who were, and it is a challenge! Praying you feel better as your pregnancy progresses.
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute with your bump! I hope you are feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteOh my. You and your bump is so so cute. I miss you.
ReplyDeleteI second the porch dinner. Email me what, if anything, sounds good.
I do NOT like that you're feeling so sick. I'm praying it passes quickly for you.
ReplyDeleteLots of love,
Sarah
I don't know you, but, I feel like I do because I've been following your journey for so long now, and I missed you!! Thinking of you!! Hope this passes!!
ReplyDeleteyou are all kinds of beautiful, my girl. praying for you and matt, for an infusion of strength and rest and relief.
ReplyDeleteyou are gorgeous. i am so so sorry you are dealing with this sickness. i am praying for you!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I hope your sickness passes quickly. Were you that sick while in Uganda? Were you this sick with your other pregnancies? ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteSo very sorry you're so miserable sick...no fun. I also had "all day sickness" with mine, there was no such thing as just morning sickness. Praying it passes. Your baby bump is beautiful! :)
ReplyDeletePraying for you. I've only had one pregnancy (adopted 12 with 5 more on the way that route though) and had that hyperemesis horribly with that one pregnancy. I ended up fed through my arm on a TPN. I will be praying that God eases it for you. I can't imagine if I'd had my really big crew then! On a positive note, a baby will seem like a breeze to add to your crew compared with the sickness you have now!
ReplyDeleteYou are SO adorable! Praying that your sickness passes soon! I too get very, very sick in my pregnancies so I know what that is like.
ReplyDeleteYou look fabulous! I am so sorry that you're so sick. Hopefully the nausea will ease up soon so you can enjoy pregnancy a little bit more! Very exciting!
ReplyDeleteoh gosh, so true how sickness can really rob you of that pregnancy joy. it's so hard because it's the greatest time and the hardest time - much more when you've got other babies to care for!
ReplyDeleteyou are absolutely a Rock Star, Love :)
I'm clearly behind! Congrats girl. I hope you find comfort in your pain and your new baby!
ReplyDeleteI'm really feeling for you, Love...was sooo sick with all 4 of my kids and had to be on a Reglan pump with my last two. Made me really sleepy, but it kept me out of the hospital to get fluids and I could actually function. I could even eat and not throw up, which I am sure is so not where you are right now. I worried about how it would affect my wee babes, but they turned out wonderfully, with no side effects. I know how hard it is to go through this when all you really want to do is take care of your family. I'll be thinking of you and praying this part goes quickly so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! HUGS AND GOD BLESS :)
ReplyDeleteExcited for you and your family but sad that you have to go through the sickness. Praying for you and your newest wee one.
ReplyDeleteMissing you, sister! I've been a blog slacker myself and my excuses are not nearly as good. Let's catch up soon. Praying for you and all eight Palm babes!
ReplyDeleteyou look absolutely adorable, hope your feeling better!
ReplyDeleteOh, goodness, SOOO excited for your family!! :) How wonderful... the news of a new and tiny blessing. Take care, and praying for waves of feeling better!
ReplyDeletePraying for you now.
ReplyDelete-Much love, Alisha
i miss your sweet words & pictures. i am praying for you, baby #8, & your family as they get along without you. feel better soon!
ReplyDelete