thankful.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day...little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.
-from Martin Luther King Jr.'s I Have A Dream speech 08-28-63

Beautiful. Dreaming with MLK & you.
ReplyDeletethis gave me chills! i love it! & the picture is awesome!
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful day for your family.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful. If Martin Luther King Jr were alive today, I think he'd be pleased with how far we've come (yet we still have a ways to go).
ReplyDeletewe don't have any white babies, but I sure do love seeing my white arms wrapped around my sweet little chocolate boy! :) beautiful picture! It's especially meaningful with the "I'm gonna change the world" shirt.
ReplyDeleteI love it! You're living the dream!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful. . .just made me tear up a bit. :)
ReplyDeleteSo, so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI was especially thinking of you and your beautiful family today. I think you guys are a perfect example of what MLK had in mind (in his dream) not to mention God's vision of a beautiful, united world :)
ReplyDeleteabsolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a great day. Love that photo.
ReplyDeleteSteph
What a celebration of love your family is! Just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSo thankful too. Our multi-ethnic family may not have been. Thankful for that wisdom of Dr King and other Civil Rights leaders. Saddened that we still need to keep pushing just as hard to fulfill his dream as well as ours. Thankful for today's reminder.
ReplyDeleteShowed the boys parts of that speech today... couldn't help but cry. Just something about the fact that it wasn't that long ago... we've come far, but still far to go.
ReplyDeleteSO beautiful...
ReplyDeleteThis brought tears to my eyes. His dream is my dream, too! Destiny
ReplyDelete