let's chat.
oh, friends. i'm leaving for the Created for Care conference in 2 days.
i haven't been, but i'm so looking forward to it. i heard wonderful things from
the ladies that went last year. on Friday, i'm speaking on the blogger panel about
using your blog for outreach and ministry. honestly, i don't know how that happened
and i'm kinda [WAY] nervous now that we're here. it will be fun though! and i think
i'll get to see some of you, right? please come chat.
and then you know what happens? i fly home, hold my babies* as much as i possibly can and
then scoop up the rest of my family to board a plane for uganda! oh my. i freshly remember
standing under the hot, ugandan sun next to that hole in the ground filled with dirty water
and watching the people from the village fill their jerry cans to take back to their huts.
that was only 3 months ago. oh man, what can change in 3 months!
in a matter of days, our family will have the privilege of standing next to these
precious people of Busoga as they collect fresh, clean water.
thank you to each of you that has had a part in this.
i can't wait to take you along for the ride there!
other than that, we're just our normal, busy household of nine.
but, maybe you've noticed that it's quieter around here. i have, too.
i half expected some of you that have been around here for awhile to call me out.
whenever i'm quiet, i always have a secret. that's just the facts, people.
i'm ready to tell [soonish] though or i wouldn't just blabber that i have a secret.
so, here's the deal. tomorrow, i'm going to tell you all one more way that you can get
involved with our uganda trip. and between now and then, i'm going to figure out
when i can spill. but, in the mean time, you should probably remind me
if i'm going to see you at C4C. or what i've missed from you during my
time away from here. or what you order at panera. or your favorite new song.
*or how long you think i can get away with the term 'babies' as they are now both officially 3!
just share...it's been too long. happy day, friends!

Can't wait to see you at C4C! We missed each other in Uganda so we must meet here in the US :)
ReplyDeleteSend me my babies PLEASE!!! Need some more love and hugs and kisses and sweet from-the-gut baby laughter! Love to all, Me.
ReplyDeleteaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
ReplyDeleteyou can't leave us hanging like that!!!!
do tell the secret... soon? please?!
hugs to you!!
good luck at the conf.
I've been wondering if and when you will share pics of your new home? It looks absolutely beautiful and I've been dying to see more, more, more!
ReplyDeletegood luck Love! What a blessing to be able to witness these changes. Looking forward to hearing your secert! Random, but what is your wall color, I love it. I just love your style.
ReplyDeleteI'm wondering if I figured out what your secret is or if I'm reading too much into things??? :-)
ReplyDeleteHmmmmm. Only time will tell I guess!!! Are you curious to see if I figured it out??? Tweet me if you want to know what I think!!!
Safe travels to your conference Lovelyn! Can't wait to follow your families journey to Uganda!!!!
I hope we get to meet at Created For Care (although I'm a bit shy and probably won't introduce myself)! I was there last year and walked away changed. My heart has been yearning for this weekend for many months now. I'm very excited, and don't be nervous we're all just mommies like you, there to chat!!!
ReplyDeleteI think you can call them your babies until they aren't your youngest anymore...I still call my 4 year old my baby...although I'm 31 weeks pregnant and she's ready to not be referred to as the baby anymore! ;0)
Hopefully I'll get to hug your neck in just a few days! Yippy!
Have a wonderful time at the conference. God has used your blog to remind, teach, and inspire me...I appreciate your willingness to minister in such a way - I know that you will have no problem sharing at the conference.
ReplyDeleteWill be praying for your family as you travel. How exciting!!!! (This sounds crazy but fill us in not just on the exciting things happening in Uganda but also the 'how' in your travel from what you pack to how you pack it and keeping little people busy on the plane....all that jazz!) PS: I love the tomato soup at Panera and am still trying to find the perfect copycat recipe to make it at home.
OH MY GOODNESS! Just a few more days til I get to meet you! Can't wait! I won't be in your panel though, because I don't have a blog. :) But I will definitely find you so I can give you a hug!
ReplyDeleteOh wow...I am going to the March Conference...are you speaking there too? I would love to meet you! You are such an awesome example of God's love. Your family is so precious!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip to Uganda...and I can't wait to hear your little secret!! :)
personally, i think you can call them your babies as long as you want. my youngest bio is 16 and i still call him my baby. :)
ReplyDeleteYou inspire me so much, Lovelyn. I love that about you.
ReplyDeleteI am jealous I won't meet you on Friday! I am signed up for the March conference! But, I have a friend who is going (Cat) & I told her to say hi from me, if she meets you.
ReplyDeleteI hope the weekend is a blessing & pray for safe travels for your crew to Uganda!
We met briefly in Uganda at Herb and Ellen's but hopefully we'll actually get to meet at C4C.
ReplyDeleteI love the color of those chairs! No favorite song, but my current fave band is All Sons and Daughters. They are fabulous.
ReplyDeleteHappy travels!
I will be there …. in my heart. :) You will do great!
ReplyDeleteSpill the news sister!
and…. my babies are 5 and 4. I have a baby but I like to say babIES. They get mad so I call them my "littles."
Favorite new song? Psalm 139 produced by a local church group. LOVE and blast daily!
I would love to meet you at C4C but will not be able to make it this year. My husband and I just returned from Uganda on Sunday. What a trip it was! Hoping to blog about it soon in more detail but still a little jet lagged :)
ReplyDeleteI pray that as soon as you open your mouth to share this weekend, you will be filled with peace and joy and that all your words will be His!
Please update those of us who were not able to go.
Naomi
Whenever I hear you have a secret, I'm thinking MORE BABIES!
ReplyDeletesecrets are fun. can't wait for you to spill. i will be at C4C. i would love to meet you! love seeing the pix of your house. cute chairs...even cuter with those babies sitting in them.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy guess: y'all are moving to Uganda :) I hope I'm right. Can I be y'alls in country nanny?? ;)
ReplyDeleteNo but really...tell us, SOON! <3
C4C - I'll be there!! Can't wait to hug your neck! I'll be the chubby one with a waddle... :-)
ReplyDeletei'll be at created for care, too! i'd love to meet you...you truly are such an inspiration and encouragement!!
ReplyDeleteexcited that your uganda trip is coming up soon, can't wait to follow along on your family trip! :)
Excited to hear your announcement!! and I can't wait to "go with you" on your trip to Uganda...So very exciting for you, your family and the people there! God is so gracious!
ReplyDeleteoh! enjoy the conference, praying for you!
ReplyDeletexo
After 2 years of reading your blog, looking forward to meeting you at C4C! My husband and I dream of buying a drilling rig and living in Uganda..so I can't wait to follow this coming trip with your family. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your surprise...you have the best ones! ;-) Honestly tho I figured w/ 7 kiddos @ home you've just been really busy. Congrats on the boys' adoption being final. And I personally think as your youngest 2, they can be called "the babies" as long as you want!
ReplyDeletei love your secrets! can't wait till you spill.
ReplyDeleteand i'm all for calling them babies forever.
wish i were going to c4c. you'll be downright awesome!
I just missed you, that's all.
ReplyDeleteMy big news is that my husband is going to Haiti next week for a missions trip with out church...only maybe he's not going, cause Expedia messed up on the ticket and so now he's stuck trying to fundraise and extra $600 that he wasn't expecting. So we're kind of praying (a lot) and hoping for the best because he NEEDS to go on this trip for SO many reasons. So if you could join us in prayer on this, I'd REALLY appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteI miss your fun, unique and beautiful perspective on things. Have a great trip!
ReplyDelete1. i am so tickled that i get to meet you AND give you a lift from the wonderful atl airport. good. times.
ReplyDelete2. i just booked MY flight to UG for feb 14 and hope to see you there!!! i will be there until april sometime....
3.if i had gone to panera recently it would have been a bear claw. mmmm!
4. new fav song, i have been keeping pandora on the civil wars station, but my new favorite song would be "beautiful things" by gungor. you will hear it this weekend.
5. call them babies forever.
see you soon!!
I met you last February in Uganda at Bridge Africa, and this weekend I'll be at the conference!! I can't wait
ReplyDeleteSee you soon. Umm....Panera order? As of late - French Onion Soup.
ReplyDeleteI am in love with the chairs.
ReplyDeleteI think my twins were "the babies" until oh, last year? They are 8. ;p
ReplyDeleteHave a fantastic time on your travels!
I say keep calling them your babies as long as you want. My 22-year-old, MUCH-bigger-than-me brother is still my "little brother" some days.
ReplyDeleteI don't plan on changing that any time soon:-).
Have a safe and fun trip. You are a remarkable woman and what you do for others is truly amazing. You always think of others. You are a gift from God. I feel so privileged to have known you since middle school.
ReplyDeleteI am anxious to hear about your secret. Are you preggo? Who knows. Sounds good though.