final.

we woke everyone early today to be on the road by 5am.  we traveled to our capital city 
 to finalize the boys' adoption!  it is done.  i met the boys just under a year ago.
50 weeks ago.  the Lord is amazing and gracious.  we are so thankful for the boys.
i would give a lot for adoption to have never had to have been an option for them.
for them not to have needed to live in an orphanage.  for them to have been able
to stay in their loving family.  i know God is sovereign, but it doesn't take away the pain
of that.  the loss involved.  yet, redemption is beautiful.  we are blessed to see some
redemption here and it makes me long for full redemption someday even more.  

yes, today is a celebration, but it's of many things--their loving family,
the people that stood in the gap for them before the orphanage, a loving orphanage
for them to live in, the friend that invited me on that mission trip 50 weeks ago
& all the work God has done to bring us to today when they finally took our last name.
we are blessed beyond measure.  entrusted with two more sons forever.
we are so grateful.  thank you for taking some of this journey with us.  
for your love, encouragement and prayers along the way.
here is a [phone!] picture from the courthouse today & below i'm going to post our
homecoming video one more time.
 all glory to God!

Comments

  1. so beautiful, what you all have done for those boys and what they are doing for your family. that video gives me goosebumps. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great day!! Happy tears for you and also understanding the many emotions involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Congrats on finalizing! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how much your life can change in a year!!! Just one year. And two incredible sons home with you! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miracles happen! I'm so happy for your family! Thank God!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We already knew they were Palms 50 weeks ago but so glad to see that is official. Love you MUCH and am thankful for that big beautiful family of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read your blog for a little over a year and love it. This video missed me the first time. I sobbed and sobbed today! Wow. Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is so good and so full of grace. Love reading about your sweet children. Glad everything was finalized, what a difference a year can make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love Clayton's face in the picture...pure joy. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is the sweetest video! Glad you shared again! Would you mind sharing what/who the song is? Its so pretty!

    Congratulations!!

    xoTiffany

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness. I can't remember the last time I was so moved. I watched it once, brought to tears by the beauty of it, and then I invited my husband to watch it again with me. You are doing something big and wonderful. Praise the Lord! Destiny

    ReplyDelete
  12. so thankful for your family and blog! we are just beginning to research our options for adoption and are so excited... seeing families like yours spurs us on. bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally made me cry, loved watching, your family is beautiful! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the homecoming video! Brings tears to my eyes EVERY time I watch it!! My favorite part is coming home from the airport and the hugs and their faces, then seeing them at home. What peace. God is soverign. We need to trust Him more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel like I've said this so many times, but in reality, I've probably thought it more often than said it, so...
    Love, your family is so beautiful, and you inspire me all the time.
    I have so much joy what is going on in and through you.
    Thank you SO MUCH for sharing the overflow of your life via your blog. It has been and continues a huge gift in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my...watched the video again and was crying like a baby. So wonderful! Congratulations to you and your beautiful, beautiful family. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE THE VIDEO!!!! I love your families story! It just keeps getting better! I pray that more people open their hearts and home to orphans as you have! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love looking at courthouse pictures of the day adoptions are final! I have adopted 3 times, but I don't have one of those pictures. In Canada, the social worker bundles the papers off to court, and a judge signs the decree and reads it into the court record. Adoption final. The court clerk mails the papers back to the social worker, and 2 or 3 weeks later, I finally get them! I like the US way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts