Ekisa--grace.

i love so much of Uganda--about Uganda--but there was one place i was
really looking forward to going on the last trip.  on my trip in February,
i met a girl named Emily.  she is 20 years old and was preparing to 
open the doors of the orphanage she founded for children in Uganda
living with disabilities.   here i was, sitting in Katie Davis' home [totally name
dropping] eating dinner, sitting next to this young girl from my home
state [Hoosiers!] that had left everything she has known to act on the calling
that God gave her.  as it says on her website profile, 
Emily knew this was God's call and decided to choose obedience and faith over comfort 
and apathy. This was not a call to be responded to in ten or even five years, this was a call for now.

that was on the trip when i met our boys.  when we went back for court,
i just couldn't wait to get to Ekisa Ministries.  and, oh, what a joy it was.
okay, in a minute I have to send you to their blog for pictures because I have something
to admit.  i could not take my hands off this precious little JoJo in order to get them on my camera.
i have no other pictures for you than the ones that Nico apparently snapped of us.
check out this little love.
i mean, can you blame me?  look at that little boy.
here's Ekisa's website to learn more and meet all the kids!

but, honestly, i loved our time there and what they are doing.  
they are home to 16 orphaned and abandoned children with disabilities.
half of their staff is adults with disabilities--what a huge thing in a culture
where opportunities for them are almost non-existent.  it was a place filled with
joy and the kids were so well cared for.  i can't wait to get back and love on the
kids and spend more time with them all.  i asked Emily what is something that they
could really use right now and she said it would be such a blessing to have
both boys' and girls' underwear.  so, would you like to help?  

like i said yesterday, i'm off to the Created for Care conference.  when i get home,
i'm going to take some of the kiddos and go shopping for Ekisa.  if you'd like to 
bless them, i'll happily shop for you and of course show you the goods being
delivered to these awesome kids!  so, in the multi-packs, underwear are about
$2/pair.  you can use this donate link and it will go to me and my family will
shop for you and deliver it right to Ekisa!
click here to donate boys' and girls' underwear
to Ekisa Ministries via our family.
$2/pair
[the drive is done.  will update soon! thank you!]

Comments

  1. wonderful... wonderful... wonderful! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. done. i'm going to be looking at my girl's underwear differently now--such a luxury that we don't even know.

    thanks for sharing this.

    i'm so excited for your trip to conference and africa! eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love!
    I want to donate but my paypal account wont work because I'm Canadian and your paypal account isn't set up to receive non-US donations. Could you change that??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done! Love your heart. Can't wait to see you at C4C!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i donated. i wish i could do more. safe travels for you all <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. just bought my kids new undies yesturday so i felt lead to donate to you and these kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just started reading Katie Davis' book. Amazing that you were there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings to you, yours and to each person who will wear the underoos! Thank you for allowing us to once again, join you in ministering to others. I love that you are not just willing to be "hands and feet" but give us the opportunity too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Done! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to help these beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope I'm not too late! just donated :) thank you for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not too late! I'll take down the button before I go shopping. Thank you all. Seriously, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay for hoosiers! i meet her 2 years ago at the fair in my town. wow! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nico is a good photographer! Looks like he has an eye for it like his momma!

    I guess I need to introduce myself! I'm Amber, and I've been lurking around here for a while now. I love seeing updates on your family. Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts