new year's eve.

what a year.  honestly, this year was a lot about waiting.
i met our boys in early february & although i fully trusted God's timing,
every step we made was without two members of our family.  all the kids have
grown so much--it's amazing what happens in a year.  matt & i took five trips to
east africa between us.  you can trust that i never imagined that--i hate to leave my
kids to just run to the grocery store!  but, His ways are good.  so much better than mine.
it feels really awesome to be walking in the center of His will and knowing that i cannot
do one thing without Him.  none of this is about me.  none of it is about us.
it is all about Him.
looking forward with hopeful anticipation to 2012.
happiest new year, friends.
photos by ashley wittmer photography

Comments

  1. Happy New Year! I love every single one of those photos! So thankful for your family.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous family! I think 2012 is going to be a great year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!! You certainly have been blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and your gorgeous family! Can't wait to see how 2012 unfolds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so greatful for you for finding your blog, for you stirring parts in my heart that have needed to come undone.i truly believe finding your blog was no accident it is what I needed what my soul has needed, you have been such a blessing your humor your grace your beautiful heart I cannot Thankyou more, I truly thank you for bringing me closer to the lord than I ever have been this year, I adore you and your children especially that handsome little man clay make my heart do happy so full of joy.i look forward to the next year in watching your family do great things , supporting you on your journey across the world with all your littles.your children are immeasurably blessed to call you mama. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year to you and your beautiful family!

    Blessings to you in 2012!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog has been one of my favorites of the year to stop by... thank you for putting your heart and journey of your family out there. I believe we have a mutual friend... Adam Kellogg... I randomly saw that you commented on one of his instagrams, of course, it could be I am wrong. Anyway, I went to college with Adam and Heather. They're good people :)
    Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is so, so rich toward us. love all nine of those smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. whenever i come to your blog... i want to weep. just looking at these pictures and knowing that GOD placed those boys in ya'lls lives makes me go to me knees and asking myself... "WHAT CAN I DO LORD, SEnd me! I'll go!"

    I know that God is calling us to adopt. I feel it deep within me. He knows the timing. :) I just get antsy about it all. Thank you for being HIS VESSEL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful faces.
    incredible family.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have some beautiful children!! I just read through your adoption tags and you have such beautiful stories of your children! Many blessings in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for confessing you don't like to leave your kids to go to the store. That is where I find myself usually. I certainly don't leave them overnight or over the weekend but God has called me to Uganda! I am super excited but just the thought of being gone for almost 2 weeks kind of freaks me out! My husband and I have 5 children ages 10, 9, 8 and twins that are 4. I am praying for the next child/children that God might have for our family. Will you pray with me? And for my husband's heart. He isn't sure about all this. But I hear God whispering and I know HE has big things in store. I am believing on it! You have a beautiful family! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts