days.
i saw this late last night. i shared it on facebook & went to bed praying
for jonathan. pleading for him. i awoke this morning and, from what i've read,
nothing has changed yet in his situation. well, nothing expect that he's one
day closer to being 16 years old--when he'll be released onto the streets of an
eastern european country. he'll be given a small bag of things and $30.
seriously? yes, seriously. it happens to orphans every day and it almost seems
too much to bear. the statistics about what happens to the vast majority of these
children after they are released are sickening. almost too much to bear.
i've always decided though that if they can live it, i can bear to hear about it
and do what i feel led to do to make a difference--even if only for one.
one is so much.
today, it's for jonathan. here's the very little we know about him:
Jonathan is apparently a very, very good boy. He has a great sense of humor
which has been confirmed by other kids in his class and two children who were
recently adopted to U.S. He loves to work on a computer, takes part in virtually
all theatrical performances organized at the orphanage, just a great actor, very
calm when not on stage, never gets in trouble, loves sports and plays soccer,
played basketball and trained in light athletics, studies at good level. Jonathan
is respectful to adults and older children. He is obedient and always ready to help.
NEEDS A FAMILY to file for immigration ASAP, can adopt later.
BEGS translator when he visits if he has found his family yet, desperately
wants to be adopted. Can be chatted to on Skype as well as email.
this boy has mere days. is he your son? could he be one of your friends' sons?
or maybe your heart is just breaking for him and you think,
oh, i wish i were ready & could file for immigration immediately.
would you do jonathan and every other jonathan out there a favor?
please begin your homestudy process so the next time you can say,
it's me. it's us. we are your family. you are loved and treasured and are coming home!
please read more about jonathan & who to contact in THIS post.


Crying and praying with you. I'll repost to my facebook.
ReplyDeleteOh, my heart cries out.
ReplyDeleteSteph
I don't have a homestudy complete but I don't want to see this child out in the street. Can I offer to "sponsor him"? I have seen this before where people allow orphans to come live with them for x amount of time (kinda of like an exchange student). If he were to do that be here then could he file for citizenship here since he is older? I don't know anything, I am probably way of base, but I would certainly sponsor him if I could.
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing this. so so heartbreaking. praying so so hard for this sweet boy....
ReplyDeleteOh, my heart. :(
ReplyDeleteoh Lord, please.
ReplyDeleteohhhh...
ReplyDeleteanything to update on this boy Love? I have been thinking about him a lot - his face keeps coming to my mind. I wish we were in a position to help. I read on the blog you linked to some people's ideas to start a fund for him - I'd love to help out that way if you hear of anything.....
ReplyDeletei've been reading your blog for two years now, and every.single. time i read it, i am challenged, encouraged, and inspired. this time is no different. while i am just in the beginning stages of having the Lord speak to me personally about adoption, i have a heart to help others with theirs. if there ends up being a fund that i can give to, please let me know. in the meantime i will pray and i know that can do more miracles than i could count.
ReplyDelete