and we go.

i come downstairs in the morning and one of the chairs is pulled in front of the fireplace.
no doubt, nico has long been up...sitting by the fire, reading his Bible.
after breakfast, he brings me his study papers from church.
is this right, mum?  he shows me a question about Hebrews 11.

yes, that's exactly it, nico.  faith is being sure of what we hope for & certain of what 
we do not see.  that's it.  that's what all of this life, for us, comes down to.

and i look at his faith and marvel.  this boy.  this little boy.  our son.
his story is his own, but to know what he was hoping for other people
in the midst of his life is completely inspiring.
a [then] orphan, without much at all, was praying for the people of
Busoga to have clean water.

and now?  not only is he a cherished son, but God has raised
every single penny needed to dig a clean water well for the village of Busoga
that nico loves so much!
thank you to each of you that gave, prayed and spread the word.
Holden Uganda is the ministry that will be doing the work for the well.
i love what they have been doing all over Uganda to provide clean
water for its people.  beautiful.

special thank you to Morning Star Foundation who all the funds were run
through and its supporters who helped.  the most exciting thing about all this,
to me, is that they were already planning a trip back to Busoga in early 2012
to dedicate the well and share the gospel with the village people.

and that, my friends, is where our family's exciting news comes in.
God has provided a chance for us to nuture our son's [our whole family's]
faith even further.  from nico's first trip there in 2009 when he was a young
orphaned boy who saw their need and couldn't ignore it.  to the trip where
he took me back to visit in 2011 and said, look at what they have to drink, mum.

to February 2012.
when [Lord-willing] our family travels back to the village of Busoga
and shares with them our deep love for them--and more importantly,
God's deep love for them.  

would you like to help us get there?
we will need to sell 400 necklaces in the next couple weeks to get there.
this jewelry was bought directly from women in Uganda
at a fair trade price and helps them support their families.
you can buy it now and all the proceeds will go directly to
our trip back to Busoga.  our family will be packing them
up and shipping them out several times a week to get them to
you in time for the holidays.

thank you, thank you for your constant love and encouraging support
as we follow His lead for our family.  i'm beyond excited to share the
country that we love so much....our three sons birth country...with
the rest of our family.  i'm thrilled that the people of Busoga will
soon be able to serve their children safe water.  i'm so hopeful
about the way God will work in the hearts of many during this time.

Ugandan, long, multi-color, paper beaded necklaces $20





Ugandan, coiled, paper beaded bracelets $10
[sold out! thank you!!]

Comments

  1. What fantastic news! ;o) I have followed your blog for a while, and I am in awe of what you have done. You are one amazing woman and have such a fantastic family. I do hope you sell the 400 necklaces to get you to Uganda.

    Lots of love & best wishes,
    Judith (from cold, wet & windy Scotland, UK)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chills all over. So excited. Emailing you about the ones I want!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking all over for these. So happy that I can help! I have already placed my order :) God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah yeah yeah!!!! SO SO excited for you guys!!! Do you have a coiled bracelet in the solid turquoise left?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to purchase but it does not accepted "non-US paypal accounts" :o(

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO WOO, this is exciting :) Praying for you and purchasing after my next paycheck, good luck and God bless your sweet Nico!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judith--i'm so sorry! i've had so many problems with paypal allowing me to take out of country payments. i have no idea why--i've tried several times to fix it.

    i have before & am willing to again, pull aside what you'd like and ship them after receiving a check if that works for you. e-mail me at momentswithlove@gmail.com

    sorry for the inconvience! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Proud of you friend! Prayers. ((loves))

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for you and your family! I just bought two necklaces but it said the bracelets were sold out? If so, no big deal, just wanted to check.

    ReplyDelete
  10. will you be getting more bracelets??? i tried to order 10...and then they weren't available! i LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, darn, it took several tries due to sold out inventory (HOORAY), but I finally purchased something. I think this is so incredibly exciting for your family. I hope you sell more than you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I almost cannot stand myself, I'm so excited. Seriously girl. LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guess what....I may be in Uganda in February!!!!!!!!!!! :) oh how lovely it would be to sip tea in Uganda and catch up and remember how Good He is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you and nico have the same heart, one that beats fast after God and his people. love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you get more bracelets please let me know. I SO wanted one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The necklaces are beautiful!! I am so encouraged by your words in your blog. Thank you for sharing so honestly with us. Looking forward to getting my colorful necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I second what Kim said! I'm a bracelet girl and the ones pictured are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alright...got some necklaces for me and my friends. I hope we can all raise enough money for your family, you guys are my daily dose of good in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have the perfect person to gift one of these lovely necklaces to for Christmas. Thank you!

    And I'll also put my name in the hat for a bracelet if you get more sometime. Love 'em.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I so love that Nico was sitting in front of the fire with his bible. That itself speaks the loudest out of this entire post. So thankful for God's redemption plan for all of us. :)
    Also, so thrilled you'll be coming back to Uganda next year!
    If you happen to be in Kampala, we are here. You have my number. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this post and Nico's heart... he was made for your family! Just bought two necklaces, can't wait to wear them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Put my order in. Was going to get one for myself as well, but the $$ wasn't there. I am sure that the girls will love these in their stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Got my necklace in the mail!!! Love it. Think I'll order another to give as a gift. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts