feathering.

yesterday was full of unpacking [yep, still] and projects.
feathering my nest.  i often call the kids my little chicks or chickens
and, at first, nico was genuinely confused by that term.  understandable.
yesterday afternoon, matt pulled in with all the kids and nico came to greet me.
he hugged me and said, all your chickens are home!
just the way i like it.

it's rainy here today.  i'm thankful that i put oatmeal in the crockpot and
baked muffins last night for breakfast.  it's the perfect day for it.
i'm having mine and my [double shot] coffee right now.  
don't think it's because i'm all organized or anything though.  we're
out of cereal and i was up late doing projects seen here.  easy to get
a lot of things done at the same time when the house is quiet.

 so, i think we've declared today a jammy day.  i snapped this picture a couple
minutes ago.  clay reading on the floor.  jude being [his favorite word] boss on
the table, bianca dancing to the music nico is DJing.  
giving thanks for this day.

Comments

  1. Love the projects! Would love to have a cabinet with a door that big and accessible. It would be hard to write on my cabinets, they are too high and I am too short. ;)

    We are having a pajama week, it would appear. Maybe we'll venture out to the library later. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to get up and dance from the DJing too=). xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. all your chickens are home! {melt}

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect day!

    happy thanksgiving, friend.
    happy that all your chickens are HOME.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Besides the gorgeous children), I love these little glimpses of your beautiful home! I hope we get the 'Grand Tour' one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty much in love with your house!!! I hope everyone is settling in!! Love all the cute things the boys ask! I hope to meet them someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this picture! your home is so inviting! I love the colors and WINDOWS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "all your chickens are home" how sweet is that boy.
    I wish you and your family the most wonderful Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excuse me, where did you get that yellow floor lamp because I NEED IT RIGHT THIS SECOND.

    xx-Z

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that "all your chickens are home". So sweet. And how cute is that Give Thanks banner?! You may have inspired a Thanksgiving craft for tomorrow afternoon! :) I hope you have a beautiful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe - I love all my chicks in the nest too.

    Your chicks are too cute! And your nest….. super cute! I need you to come decorate my nest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a gift for writing and inspiring so many! Keep it up Love:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your blog. i've sent you a facebook friend request. i have several buddies that are adopting. . .well, we are adopting too. we are number 11 on the waitlist. anyways, i'm friends with libby. libby told me that you were speaking at created for care in january. i can't wait to meet you. i'm so excited to learn and grow with other amazing CHRISTian woman!! GOD is so good. Happy Thanksgiving. Jessica
    jessicaleighblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love and love and love this, on so many levels. When we moved into our house last winter, I had this tremendous sigh release in my soul. "And NOW, I am home. Let the nest feathering begin!"

    And with all four kids here - at least the ones we plan on giving birth to - I feel like we are entering a new phase. I'm relishing the new beginning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts