date.
we stop the cart and i turn the heavy globe upside down. glittery goodness sparkles
and i turn the music on. her eyes light up and she asks to hold it. i consider and think
to myself that the shattered snow globe that might happen is worth the risk of these stolen
few minutes away with my littlest baby. as a nurse, i evaluated risk vs. benefit all the time.
i never realized how often i'd do that as a mother, too.
we listen. she stares in wonder. then i do, too.
i encourage her to tell the star inside the globe goodbye..that we will see it next time.
she easily chatters away to it. buhbye! see ew next time! as she leans
down to give it a kiss.
i wonder who will end up with that christmas snow globe in their
home and if they will feel the pure, little love that came with it and her lip marks on the glass.
i marvel at our ease. remind myself [again] to slow down like this more and take her lead. it
makes everything easier when i'm not too busy to hear her. see her. why should
i ever be too busy?
we open virtually every lid on each candle displayed. i smell and
then it is her turn. she wrinkles her nose and declares the pine one her favorite scent.
i persuade her into the red velvet cupcake one and some of the pumpkin harvest.
these candles are one my favorite kind--in a clean, plain, straight lines cylinder jar. yet,
the labels bothers me the whole time. we unwrap them as soon as we're home. she sits
on the island, legs dangling over as i arm myself with goo-gone and a razor blade.
i just don't like labels. all confining and judge-y.
i light the candle and she cheers.
and i do, too.


Ah, moments like these .............
ReplyDeleteThis has me blinking away tears. I don't know why, but it really hit me... her little lips on snow globe, those curls, cheering for the lit candle. It's all really beautiful and I want to go home and take my boys out for some magic moments. Thank you for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteLovely reminder to stop and take it all in!!!
ReplyDeletei want to be a mum like you.
ReplyDeleteLove. Agree. Amen.
ReplyDeleteI am going to need your address so I can mail that precious little baby the snow globe.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am the same way with teh labels. I just peeled one off of a Yankee candle (that was a GIFT!) that I put in my bathroom.
I even pour my powdered detergent into a canister because I can't stand the packaging. It's a sickness.
*peeled off a Yankee candle LABEL*
ReplyDelete