traveling.

we traveled to the capital city today to run some errands and have lunch.
it is great spending time with the boys.  such a blessing to have this time with
them in their home country.  as of today, everything that i can do while in country
this trip is done.  so, while we continue to bond, we just wait on a precious miracle.

i went to church yesterday with the boys and their friends.  it is the church i visited before
while here. fyi:  one should always be prepared to get up and speak when visiting an african
church.  i told them how much we love their country and that i am here to adopt children
that God has shown us--the same way that He has adopted us.  there was quite the rain storm
happening for a lot of the service so extra time was spent in worship, as you couldn't hear a 
sermon. worshiping with our boys in a mud hut, with a tin roof, in a rain storm? 
it was beautiful. 

we are traveling back to the orphanage now.  pretty amazing to be in the middle of a small
african country and share our day with you.  so glad i can.  thank you for your love and
encouragement.  we certainly can feel the prayers, too.  thank you.

Comments

  1. Sharing pizza and Fanta with your boys? Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. that worship sounds like heaven!
    cute, darling boys-so happy for your time there.
    PRAYING! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sunday and Monday make me smile. I pray it's just the beginning of one of the best weeks of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so handsome and I love those smiles! Still praying for your miracle, safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love the picture of you and the boys in the van!!!! This melts my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I'll continue my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Awesome!
    Love, they are the most handsome boys.
    Enjoy your time with them and may miracles come true for this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful you have this time with them to spend in Africa. Your worship story is beautiful...and extra long worship is always good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your post. Love that your getting to spend time with your boys...praying for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just WOW! They are absolutely precious and I'm so happy for you that you have this special time with them. I'm joining you and your many friends in prayer for a miracle. Lord bring these boys HOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are just beautiful boys! Prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beauty in those photos. Hoping for a miracle for your family.
    Becky P.

    ReplyDelete
  13. tell our nephews we said hi and love them!!! hugs to them and you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, just stop it! ;) Lately every time I open your page or see your pictures I start crying. Your boys. Your heart. BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, been thinking about you all day. This is wonderful.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pizza and orange Fanta is so simple, but it's so big right here. It's so amazing, but I pray for the days when pizza and pop become something you can do with your boys all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tears as I pictured what you described with your boys in church with the rain. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know this is seriously off topic, but however do you get your hair to look so beautiful in Africa. I look NOTHING like that over there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cool that you are able to take your boys out and spend special time with them. I'm hoping on a miracle for you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't get enough of those beautiful faces. Thank you for sharing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Look at that mischievous grin on the little one! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your trip to the capital city isn't just a short jaunt...glad you got to spend the time with the boys. It is easy to tell their joy in spending time with you - it's ALL OVER their faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. your boys are handsome...so happy to see them with you...we are missionaries in Central America and pizza and fanta is a pretty special meal here...dont know about Africa? But they look real happy...

    ReplyDelete
  24. still praying for that miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  25. sooo in awe of this experience you're having. do you keep doing what we did while in africa and reminding yourself that YOU'RE IN AFRICA!!! WOW!!!! soo blessed and feeling blessed on this side of the world to keep up with you story. :0) hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts