they do.

our boy--almost time to walk down the aisle. 
anna & david are so special to us. anna's son, lucas, & clayton were friends at their 
orphanage in africa. anna spent her days with them before we even knew clay--loving 
them, caring for them & praying over them. she went home to the states trying to 
get lucas home as i prepared to travel across the sea to meet our son & his 
precious friend, lucas, for the first time. 

months later our worlds would collide as our boys had changed orphanages 
together & anna searched for her son. i had to tell her that both our boys had forever homes 
now, but heart-breakingly, lucas' was with Jesus. i've watched her grieve her son with such 
grace & hope. despite her heart-break she would return to the continent we love and choose 
to whole-heartedly love babies that need it again. 

God weaving our stories together is so reaffirming to me of His great love. His hand in the 
smallest of details. His unending desire for every orphan [every person] to know 
love--ultimately His, but often through our love as a means first. so grateful that these 
two little boys knew and know love. so thankful they gave me a forever friend whose heart
beats the same as mine in anna. so grateful to be a part of her & david's magical day. 
[where clay happened to rock it--as what i'm certain was the best little 2 year old ring bearer ever.]
  blessings on your marriage, anna & david. we love you.

Comments

  1. Oh I am so glad it went well! I am sure it was fabulous. I had a feeling he would be the best little boy!!!!


    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a touching story. It is amazing how lives intertwine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just knew he would be the best ring bearer ever : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way life works. I'm not surprised at all that Clay brought it as ring bearer. He has such style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I followed Anna's blog for a bit, she has sucha beautiful soul. She looks absolutely amazing in her dress and the way she looks at Clay is prescious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful. i adore how God binds our hearts with those of precious friends. congratulations, anna and david.

    good on ya, clay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so thankful for a forever friend in you, lovelyn. so thankful lucas has a forever friend in clay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts