on fundraising.
this is not a fun post to write. i've tried to not write it. and i've slept on it hoping that
the feeling of needing to write it would go away, but it hasn't. the truth is that although
i know that we should only be living for the audience of one, our reputations do matter.
i do care if people are coming to this quite personal space and feeling anger, resentment or
doubt about who i am at my core.
the thing that i try my very hardest to always remember is that
we will really never know someone's whole story. ever.
that especially has to be true when knowing someone from their blog. i'm not saying that
i'm a different person than what you see here. in fact, i'd venture to say that my words here
are often more of my heart than i'd ever show to many people in 'real' life.
what i'm saying is that it is impossible for anyone to know all of someone else's
circumstances, their intentions, their heart.
so, let me try to explain this with as much grace as i can muster.
i am not begging for people to fund our adoption on this blog.
no one's money from the purchase of their Let Love Grow shirt is being used
to build a 'mansion.' i do not talk about my husband owning his own home building
business very often for very specific reasons. i feel like i don't have a choice in that right now.
my husband is a wise, kind business man. we have worked very hard...even in our college years..
to plan for our financial lives. the 'mansion' you see us building is how God provides
for us to live, to give, to grow our family. we build new homes pretty often and the
reasons for that remain ours and valid. i'd really love if no assumptions could
be made on how we may or may not spend God's resources.
we have always loved the act of worship in giving and, although
we don't do it for the blessing, i do believe that one of the reasons that we have been blessed
is because of our commitment to that. we've worked hard to be virtually debt-free & the
truth is that we could probably somehow afford the expenses incurred in adoption all on
our own.....even if it meant securing an interest-free loan.
we chose to try to remain debt-free [except our mortgage] & not to do that.
we prayed about it & it was important to us to humble ourselves enough to
allow others to come alongside us to pay for one specific expense this time.
i am not able to share our full story of our journey to the boys yet, but i
can assure you that we did not know that God had two children for our
family. [or that they'd be school age & even have some medical needs.]
but, we had not even one moment of doubt. we know that these children
were chosen as ours since the beginning of time. so, the extra plane ticket
home, the extra everythings--from being 2 children instead of 1 and for being
older which just kinda just means more of everything---all of that wasn't 'planned'
for, but we are not worried about it. we trust that God will provide.
another thing about adoption is that the expenses don't exactly happen over a course of a long
time. 3/4 of the total ransom for our adoptions will be paid by us in the next month. so,
the ideology that we are 'so rich' and that it is absurd for us to ask someone who makes so
much less than us to 'pay for us to bring a child from another country' is really flawed.
most important, we only want cheerful, joyful supportive givers--people that see this as
the way that they can love on our boys & bring two orphans HOME to their family.
that is why we chose their plane tickets home as what the Let Love Grow shirts are funding.
the funds are literally going into an account for me to book their plane tickets once we
get a date to come home.
i really feel like another flawed ideology is that if someone can't afford an adoption all on
their own that they shouldn't do it. this is very sad to me. basically it is saying
that even though a family has room in their home and their hearts to LOVE a child,
it's not okay for them to allow others to help them bring that child home.
it is better for that child to grow up in an orphanage, on the streets or die without the love
of a family because of the prideful statement that if someone can't fully fund it right
now themselves then they shouldn't do it?!
we have very prayerfully thought out how we could allow others to come
alongside us and help our children home. the message of our shirts and the opportunities
that it gives for the people wearing them to share about the TRUE problems in this world
is worth more to us than the $3,000 we hope to raise for the boys plane tickets.
finally, although i'm tempted to list the good things we do with our money
and the things that we don't spend money on, i will not. it is not necessary
and although it is important to us, i will assure you that we are far from perfect.
there are many things we want to do differently for the kingdom.
in the same breath--
i firmly believe that God wants us to enjoy the things we've been blessed with.
i firmly believe that we all need to stop hoarding the resources we've been
blessed with and love on our brothers and sisters.
here and everywhere.
and i firmly believe that we should really take to heart that we will never
know someone's full story and allow some grace to people--
the same grace we would desire.

Love, I am angry FOR you. The thing is, if you just sold "Let Love Grow" shirts as a business it would be okay. Why is it not okay that you sell them to fund your adoption?
ReplyDeleteI haven't had anyone be snarky to me about our current fundraiser, but I've been sort of on the edge of my seating waiting for it.
<3
ReplyDeleteyou know the attacks are just that.
to God be the glory. xoxo
Lovelyn - I'm inspired by you and your family and glad I get to see your family grow even if it is through blogs, etc. Whoever is making those assumptions about you should be ashamed. Through God's grace you guys are becoming a loving mommy and daddy to children who only want and need a family! ~Holly Myles
ReplyDeleteHere's an encouraging quote from a friend's post:
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
People are so unbelievably awful in their petty jealousy. I am so angry that anyone could doubt the goodness of your heart. I often doubt the goodness of my own heart, but yours? Never.
ReplyDeleteYou've spoken this so well. I hope this clears up any assumptions or doubts for your well-intentioned readers. I can't wait to meet those boys.
ReplyDeleteLet Love Grow!
Steph
Sad that you had to write this post. Anyone who spends any time here would know your beautiful hearts. And this post was written is the same beautiful manner.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to speak up for the people who love buying your shirts because our home is not ready to do what you are doing, and we gladly love to help those who are doing what we would love to do!
praying for you and your family as Satan tries to steal the joy from you receiving blessings by cheerful givers to help bring your boys home! and as a builders wife i know some of those ends and outs that come alongside of that so dont let peoples words hurt you. i love your house, love your t-shirts and wear them proudly, and love your family from afar! blessings
ReplyDeleteEven if someone were thinking some of these petty thoughts, I can't believe they would voice them!! Today has been a day of discussions about how other people presume and assume about others' lives and I'm ready to throw forks in they eyeballs of the next person to make horrible or unjust assumptions. Please feel free to send me the name/address of those people being horrible to you and I can aim the forks at their eye balls. :-)
ReplyDeleteJust remember that you know that you are doing good things-- if someone else can't see that, well, then, they don't deserve your time.
Well I only know you through your blog and I don't question for ONE second your heart. God sets the lonely in families and Satan tries REALLY hard to discourage those who are on that path with God. Chin up my sweet friend. There is One who sees your heart and He is all that matters. Live for Him and let everything else fall on deaf ears (easier said than done I know!) Much love from the Coopers!
ReplyDeleteDitto exactly what Arianne said.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Thank you for using your blessings to bless others. I for one am joyful for your new home and it's soon to be filled rooms. Thank you for sharing your heart on a daily basis, I pray it brings understanding and softens the hearts of others. =)
ReplyDeleteLove your heart so much, God will provide, his promises are forever, praying for you
ReplyDeletei'm sorry you had to write this. i'll be praying for you, that you don't become discouraged or allow the lies to echo louder than His Truth, in your heart. thank you for the example that you are to us readers. your heart and our love are inspiring. being right in the center of God's will means you will be persecuted, and i am certain you know that. keep going forward in what He has for you, we love you!
ReplyDeleteNone of the people who have happily played a role in bringing your sons home would ever surrender that joy in exchange for a few dollars. And if the price of uniting your family includes the negative comments of small minds and cold hearts, whoop-de-doo. Still worth it.
ReplyDeleteI've said it before...and I'll say it again, I love your heart!<3
ReplyDeletesatan is attacking, and GOD is winning...above all things, love one another. and you are doing just that. i'm so thankful God has blessed you with a home large enough for a family of 9! (also, i LOVE seeing the house updates!)and although i don't know your whole story, i know God is doing even more in that home! and thank you, thank you, for ALLOWING us to be apart of your sons (and other children) journeys to their home. please, please, keep it up! you are inspiration to me, lovelyn!
ReplyDeleteamen. this grace-filled post may have been difficult to write, but i am glad you did. so sorry though you even had to "go there".
ReplyDeletepraise god from whom all blessings flow!
praying for you, sweet, inspirational friend.
xoxo
I don't know your whole story, or very much at all...but I love your heart and your family. You all are being so brave in following this call the Lord's put on your lives. And the enemy hates it. Praying with you guys and supporting you with all my heart and guts.
ReplyDeleteAmen. You and your family and your heart AND your home---are all beautiful reminders of God's Grace and Abundant blessings.
ReplyDeleteI'll be making my first order of Let Love Grow tee's this week <3
:).
grace to you!
ReplyDelete<3
may God do amazing things with the message of let love grow!
love to you and your family...
I think what I'd really like to say might offend (some of) your readers' delicate sensibilities. I'll just say this: love you, and your heart. Can't wait to hug your boys next month. xo
ReplyDeletep.s. Rhymes with 'Duck The Taters'.
Sarah wins.
ReplyDeleteSo I've been a lurker here for awhile and I love reading your blog and hearing your story. I also love the opportunities you've given for your readers to help fund others' adoptions and I've loved being able to participate in some of those. And I was just looking at your Let Love Grow t-shirts the other day. I don't know that my husband and I will ever adopt though I do consider it sometimes. However I honestly consider it a privilege to be able to come alongside those who God is currently calling to adopt and support them financially. Thank you for giving me that opportunity! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking its very sad you felt you had to write this. I love you. Your heart and its an HONOR to walk along side you and I'm thankful for your friendship, for the open honest candor here, and I love that you've let us walk with you. CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THOSE BOYS HOME!!!! Audience of ONE! (It was from some comments from others that drove that design for our shirts) God will provide. Oh and did my shirt come in? :) :)
ReplyDeleteIt saddens me that you felt the need to explain yourself. Some people just have no clue. We have been so inspired by people like you, the Shubins and the Masers that we are starting our journey to China with fundraising all the way. I love following you and seeing your heart for the orphan!
ReplyDelete-Sarah
www.anoceansizedlove.blogspot.com
I am very sorry you had to write this and very sorry people feel the need to pry but you are great for writing this and being accountable. Do what you know is best for your family and God will deal with the rest!
ReplyDeleteLove - your heart is beautiful - in fact, I was reading your words the other day and wishing I could be more like you - simply beautiful. :)
ReplyDelete2 Corinthians 4:8-18
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you. It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal
So eloquent in the face of adversity. If I could be a fraction as loving and giving of my heart as you, I would consider myself successful. Stay strong. (Oh, and what Sarah said).
ReplyDeleteI've been lurking on your site for some time but don't believe that I have ever commented. There's a first time for everything, they say, and this one causes me to come out of hiding.
ReplyDeleteSome people don't "get" adoption. Unfortunately. Some people don't "get" giving. Unfortunately. For if they knew the blessings that lie in both, they would be knocking one another down to get in on the action.
As believers, we ALL have been COMMANDED to do SOMETHING for/on behalf of the orphan. Some adopt. Some do not. If you find yourself a "do not", there are other roles that you can (and should) do; one of them is to aid others who ARE adopting (through prayer and encouragement and through financially supporting).
I know that this must be frustrating. Adoption is a refining process for everyone and, girl, let me just remind you....when you love his fatherless children, you look more and more like Him every day.
Reading anyone's blog is a CHOICE! And I choose to read your blog because I find your story inspiring. Your grace in your response is again inspirational. I would love to adopt internationally, and the cost is one huge reason that we haven't. God bless you for finding ways to make it work for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteMost of the people reading blogs on this continent are also blessed, and may their eyes be opened.
You obviously have MANY people who GET IT!!!...myself included! I am along side for the long haul. I am soo proud of you for speaking your heart and keeping it real and you only need to answer to the ONE who put you here in the first place. I hope you have more shirts!! Can't wait to see those boys of yours home.
ReplyDeleteOne day the people who pass judgement may be in your shoes. Love that. :0)
While you don't owe anyone an explanation, you have written your thoughts very eloquently. My husband and I are not wealthy, but some feel that we should afford to adopt without fundraising. I wish we had 30k in a bank account just waiting to be spent, but we don't. We know God funds what He favors and we are pursuing many avenues for God bless our efforts. I can't believe someone would question your journey to adoption through raising funds. Don't let them take your joy.
ReplyDeleteAnother long-time lurker coming out of the shadows on this one to comment. Anyone who has read your blog for any amount of time knows without a shadow of a doubt that you are an amazing, loving person. Why people feel the need to lash out and judge others, especially when hiding behind their computers, is beyond me. If only all of us possessed your grace and positive outlook on life this world would be a much happier, kinder place. Sorry you had to write this, but it was beautiful and well said.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read all about the boy's homecoming!
So far I've just been a silent follower, never commenting but keeping up with your family. I first want to say that I absolutely LOVE your blog. It feels so heartfelt, honest, and always brings a smile to my face.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, I want to say that I think it's appalling that people would negatively comment about you selling t-shirts to help raise money to bring your boys home. I feel like this is a noble thing you and your family are doing and maybe I am just biased because my husband and I have always talked about adopting later on once we are both finished with school.. but honestly.. I feel like you shouldn't have to explain yourself and no one should be passing judgment - as Christians we are here to love and support and let the only one who can judge, decide whether your efforts were in vain. Which i am sure they are not.
Good luck with your journey to bringing your boys home and I can't wait to see them home with you all!!
Fairdale Diaries::
i can't say anything that hasn't already been said. you know your heart, God knows your heart, most importantly, and your boys across the world know your heart. that is what matters.
ReplyDeleteNancy's sister here. It was so fun to see you at Austin and Amanda's wedding and fun to be following you ever since. We fell in love with your children. I don't have the energy and patience to do what you and Matt have done. Very few people do. It is truly awesome. No one who knows you would think differently. So, even though I'm a good Christian, I'm maybe not as nice and forgiving as what you wrote. I'll work on that. Until then, if someone says those rotten and untrue things about your life and heart, send them my way.
ReplyDeleteeven Jesus's motives were questioned. there will always be attackers. i commend your graceful response.
ReplyDeletemy husband & i aren't even close to thinking about children yet, but your stories about & passion for adoption have really swayed our vision of what our future family looks like.thank you for the inspiration, the example of love (oh my gosh, you so live up to your name!), & the light of God that you bring to your readers each day.
(& seriously, i can't even believe that someone really has issue with how you spend the money you make on a product that you're creating & selling! hello, people?)
I proudly bought one of your shirts today!! God bless you and your family!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you had to clarify this, Love. I love your heart. I love your love. And I love my t-shirt. So soft. I wear it as often as possible & want to find out what company you used. We need to figure out a fundraiser to gather enough to submit our dossier!
ReplyDeleteYou put this SO much better than I ever could have! Well done!
ReplyDeleteLove,
ReplyDeleteYour heart is so beautiful. I know you didn't write this post looking for re-assurance because your trust is in the one and only place where it belongs. I want to thank you- you're one of many who has not only inspired me that even though our bank balance says we can't adopt, our God says yes. I'm bookmarking this post because we are going to have to fundraise like crazy people soon. :)
I have never met you face to face Love, but your heart has inspired me to start pursuing my own adoption. Bless you for sharing yourself so openly with all of us.
ReplyDeleteIm disgusted you even had to write this post. I really don't know what is wrong with people these days. What you are doing is a great thing and for people to bring negativity to it is disheartening.
ReplyDeleteI hope God continues to bless and keep your family.
P.S. To whoever caused her to write this post please do us all a favor and GET A LIFE!!!!
I am sorry for the ugliness that caused you to have to write this! I do not know your family but I love your sweet hearts. I have no money to buy a shirt right now... but if I did I would buy as many as I could to help you bring your dear sons to their forever home! May God continue to bless you as much as He already has!!!
ReplyDeleteSO so dumb that you even have to say this out loud. I guess there will always be haters. Rest assured--you are a light for the King and that His grace is evident in how you live and what you do and say here on this blog. It is an privilege to be a small part of bringing these sweet boys home, where they belong. (speaking of--I owe you for my shirt...let me know when it comes in.) Big hugs.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully said. =) I love your blog. I love your heart for adoption and you have inspired my husband and me to follow in your footsteps one day if it's God's will.
ReplyDeleteKelly Rowland says it quite eloquently when he says, "Shake those haters off." Such words of wisdom. ;) God bless you!
Oh, Love.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you even had to write this.
Did you know that your blog is one of my favorites? I enjoy reading every post. I enjoy learning about your heart, about why you do what you do. I have so much to thank you for- for inspiring me to get involved with adoption even when it isn't my turn. For returning my emails when I have questions, fears, even just THOUGHTS about adoption. For sharing your heart, even when the words you write aren't "popular." Your life and your words encourage me. I know if I even lived in the same STATE as you, I'd be asking if I could just follow you and your family around sometime, just so I could absorb all that love, all that heart, so I could see how you live life.
I have one of the shirts you were selling during the adoption process with Clayton. I love it. My husband has told me he loves when I wear it. I have received positive comments about it. It helps me remind me to do just what it says: speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. (And it still kind of fits, even though I am getting bigger by the day!) That's what you do.
Thank you for speaking up for those children, even when there are those who will and have misinterpet your words and motives and pass judgment.
You don't answer to them. Or any other readers.
But I'm thankful you continue to share.
Such a great post!! It's simple; be a blessing to others and you will be blessed! May not always be financially but God always sees our hearts and can bless us in ways we never even saw coming. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Love,
ReplyDeleteI have been reading your blog for a while now - and this is the first time I am commenting. I love your blog and your heart - i see it and I don't doubt it and i try to NEVER make assumptions about what people do or don't do.
There seems to be a theme about not making assumptions and trying to see the true heart of people out in the blog world -- and its good -- its timely.
We should NEVER judge people - and and I always find it odd that people choose to leave mean comments about things they don't fully know. ALL of us deserve the benefit of the doubt and if someone has a reason to not help you or anyone else fund raise for an adoption then they can just move on and not be nasty and hateful.
I feel I can say this because I truly have been on both sides; being attacked for things that aren't true and I have also made assumptions about people, been quick to judge and really learned ALOT in the process. I think we need to realize we don't live that persons life, we dont walk in their shoes so we have no right to judge them.
We are all called to do things and just because its different for all of us doesn't mean its wrong.
I admire those, like you, called to adopt, go on mission trips and serve in other capacities. While it may differ from how I am called to serve, i fully appreciate each person in who they are and I pray for them!
I dont want this to come across that I am "above" all the negative. I really don't mean it that way. I am sharing something that has been on my heart for a while now, reading blogs and reading how certain ones are targeted with hateful comments and misunderstood. Its just not productive to be hateful.
The pastor at my church has often says "if you don't undertand what someone is doing or why, don't worry about it just bless them in what they are doing, bless them with God's will for their life."
Thank you again Love for your heart and the love you sprinkle in the blog world!
xoTiffany
I don't know you at all, but feel I have to jump in on this.
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I are not in a place where we can adopt, as much as we would love to. We count it as a privilege and joy to be able to help others do what we ourselves cannot do. And I do mean JOY! We have had times where we actually giggled like little kids because God allowed us to help bring a child home. We are constantly watching for where there is a need we get to help with, because it's just so stinkin' much fun!
I'm saying all this in the hopes that people who don't get the whole adoption fundraising thing will see it and understand some of us are actually called to help other families adopt! We count it an honor and privilege to provide for orphans. People who don't feel called need to relax and let those who are called do what they do.
As for how our adoptive families spend their money, I've seen people complain about that before. "You asked for money to adopt and then have the nerve to go on vacation..." "get a new car..." whatever... Who would want to help get a child adopted into a family that didn't do those things? Think about it: "Please help us adopt three kids out of an orphanage. We promise to live in a grass hut with mud floor and never show them any fun at all..." Really? I think not!
so sorry you're feeling burdened by the negativity...there will always be those who love to question & think they know what is best for everyone. We can never please everyone - we are just responsible to live by the convictions God gives us - that are personal, for our own family! That means parenting styles, the way you spend your money, etc! You don't need to give an answer to anyone...only Jesus. Of course, writing a blog puts you out there & invites "questions" into your personal life, but stand strong in your identity in Christ.
ReplyDeleteI also love what someone said about the fact that if this were just a business, no one would ask you how you're spending your earnings...it is a personal choice to donate to the adoption funds or not - and God knows just who He wants to be part of your journey...it's all His money anyway!! So rest assured all will be provided for & you're only responsible to HIM...not to cyberspace :)
BLAH! I hate that you had to write this. I have read your blog several times and have always come away encouraged.
ReplyDeleteWe lost some friends over adoption, had some haters, got some nasty emails, ect. In the end I feel like the reason they just "had to say something" is because God was convicting their hearts and they were letting Satan win in their minds. They did not want to feel those convictions because when you do then you MUST face what God is really saying and for some people, that's just too much. There really is no excuse for that behavior though! If you don't want to support an adoption THEN DON'T! Simply don't give. The people that did support our adoption did it with joyful hearts and we have been so blessed by them. Just today one person called me and said she was looking at our son's pictures on facebook and was just overcome with thankfulness to our heavenly Father for bringing this sweet boy home and letting their family be apart of that.
Keep your head up, God has better plans than any man could make for you! You obviously already know that!
I love you friend! My heart is sad because you had to write this in a time of celebration and planning for your new additions to come home. I know that Satan is trying to have a field day with your family right now, but your faith will get you through! Keep pressing on for Jesus like you have always done because whomever said those hurtful things are just hurting themselves and it seems they have their own issues so I will pray or them...I pray that their hearts change and their eyes begin to see people like Jesus does. xo
ReplyDeleteI think that it's awful when people who are only seeing part of a story unfold decide to fill in the blanks with malicious intent. I've followed your story since you brought Clayton home and I have so much love for you and your family, even without ever meeting you face-to-face. To me, you are just another mother trying to do what you feel is right. It's not anyone's business where your money goes. If someone has an issue with it then they don't need to spend theirs to help you. Myself and my family, well, we'll do whatever we can to make sure a child never feels unloved or unwanted. It is no one's place to judge you and my heart hurts just knowing that someone, or multiple someones, backed you into a corner and made you feel like this post even needed to be written. Shame on them!
ReplyDeleteYou just keep doing what you're doing and spreading that love, k? :)
ReplyDeleteI just didn't think it was possible to love you any more than I already do. Then you go and post this. :) Your words...your heart...your life...is so full of love and grace. I'm praying for you on this journey to your sweet boys. I've been reading since you brought Clayton home. You bring joy into so many lives.
ReplyDeleteOk Lara said it best right off the bat..if you were just making money for business reasons off of these shirts you would be "successful" but to do it for a cause is somehow questioned??! Makes me angry and sad that you even felt you needed to write this blog. People who love you know your heart, you know your heart, and mostly God knows your heart...the other people just do not matter. Doing good for others doesn't mean you can not enjoy the fruits of your labor either...its a balance and not an easy one. Hang in there and keep your head up. You are a blessing and I am thankful to have reconnected with you and blessed to see where your life is going.
ReplyDeleteLaura Cardwell :)
Love, you are truly a glorious gift from our Highest King and I so appreciate how you use your blog to inspire so many people to love and do more than we ever thought we could. Any negativity that comes to you is coming from someone's ignorance and your overflowing heart to help children find their forever family will always supercede any disrespectful comments. The grace you show through all your life experiences shared via your blog posts is so encouraging. Please stay strong Love and now that He, above all else, is the only one that matters. The smile on His face watching your life unfold is surely the light that is making all of Heaven glow vividly. xo
ReplyDeleteLovelyn:
ReplyDeleteAs you are aware and I have told you many many times, you and your family are a true inspiration. If only we could all, including myself, be like you and live like you this world would be an amazing place to be. Seeing gods work through you and matt is simply amazing. As stated by someone else, these attacks are simply that. Not everyone can have a heart as big as you have and all the love you have to share (we sure can try though), your children are so incredibly blessed. I cannot tell you ENOUGH how highly we think of you guys! My only hope would be that we lived closer so our families could get together and learn from yours, instead we go to your blog !! :)
You are the absolute most self-less person I know and for anyone to categorize you as anything remotely different just astounds me. Keep doing what God is calling you and Matt to do, ignore the ignornace of others!
Sending our love to you!
You're a lovely lady, Lovelyn! Do what God's called you to do. . . leave the rest up to Him. You do what God's told you to, and others who follow Him also will do what He lays on their heart in regards to supporting your adoption. He is faithful!!!
ReplyDeleteGrieved that you felt it was necessary to write this post; grieved... Destiny
ReplyDeleteOh Lovelyn, so sorry you've had to deal with such things. You have got to be one of the sweetest, kindest and giving people I know! Thank you for sharing your heart. You are precious and you have such a big heart...answering His calling is never easy, but I am thankful you have.
ReplyDelete((hugs))
Oh wow, it's 3 a.m. and I'm mad for you. Really mad. First, as someone who has been anxiously awaiting the more girly v-neck because I like the shirt I am offended that if you were just selling it that would be okay, but you're not supposed to be doing something good with that money? How odd.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, as a family whose own adoption plans were derailed slightly time and again (most recently because of our first biological child's surprise), I find it fantastic that I can bless those around me who are able to do as God has called and choosing to look after orphans. No one would question me donating to a facility that housed them, so why would they have a problem with me helping get them to their homes?
And quite frankly, your finances are none of our damn business. I don't see you bragging about buying a corvette or something, and even if you chose to, that's your decision. We are not called to judge, but to give both our time and resources from the heart. You do more than most. God bless!
As a mom with another child somewhere in the world waiting for us to come get her, I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteAs a daughter of the Lord who wants to make the best decisions to please and glorify the Lord, but often fails and sometimes feels judged by others, I'm sorry.
As a woman who loves other women but often struggles with the biting nastiness we treat each other with, I'm sorry.
Keep walking in obedience, sister! You're doing what the Lord has called you to, and YOU are the one who will answer to Him for it. Others will have to answer for their obedience (or lack of)!
Your blog warms my heart as we murk through the very beginning of our adoption process. :)
Thank you for post, I am so sorry that you even had to endure that...but now God gets all the glory. As we start our adoption journey we have to ask for help as well. God doesn't always call us to do His will when it is convienant for us or when we financially can do it, so yes there will be us whom need help...thank you for all you do.
ReplyDelete