from.
i am from Jiffy Pop on the stove, cheez whiz to the mouth & wonder woman underwear.
i am from the front porch swing, the hammock between climbing trees, honeysuckle and
episodes of Lassie with a Twinkie.
I am from road trips to Dale Hallow. pontoon. my first bee sting.
i am from hand jives and cry at commercials. from Ida Maes & Mastersons & LaGranges.
i'm from love others & the Lord's prayer whispered on the floor. hands held in a circle.
from Randy Travis and George Strait and dad goosing mom--her hands warm & full of suds.
i am from Sit & Spins, Skip Its, Jem and black racer skates backward during couple skate.
from lightening bug smearing and toad catching at Uncle Joe's pond.
i am from long drives and corn knee-high-by-July.
i am from the big wooden sideboard. drawers of memories. littlest moments caught.
love spilled onto film.
i'm from pickle juice fights on the roof and TPing the crush.
from proud big sister cheering on the sidelines with crisp air with smells of bonfire.
i am from ham & beans, cornbread, potato salad and Dairy Delight.
i'm from Strawberry Shortcake sheets and bulldogs and IU basketball.
from hugs until the other person lets go. i love yous. try your bests.
i am from love.
--------------------
inspired by Steph months ago, but it just came out after my parents came for a visit. my
inspired by Steph months ago, but it just came out after my parents came for a visit. my
brother and his family came, too. i.love.my.family.
and look! they're all wearing our Let Love Grow shirts!
thank you to everyone who has supported us and loved on our boys in this way.
we are just about 60 shirt sales away from having their plane tickets HOME
funded! thank you, thank you! if you have gotten one, i'd love to see it!
feel free to leave a link in the comments if you'd like.


Beautiful tribute to your beautiful parents! I need to write one of my own.
ReplyDeleteOh, just love yours!
ReplyDeleteSteph
tears of joy and thankfulness flowing....thank you for your lovely words of tribute and testament to our family. i am so honored to call each and everyone of you our children and our grandchildren. with love and prayers, mom.
ReplyDeleteohhh love this...so many are the things I'm from too, it brought back so many memories...wonderful memories!
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL!! xo
ReplyDeleteOh, I love yours! I started a draft of mine after Steph posted hers and I'd forgotten all about it. Now would be a perfect time to finish it since I'm ending a 3-week visit home to Oregon. :)
ReplyDeleteah, gorgeous. the goosing made me smile. :)
ReplyDeletei can tell you're from love, the way you embody it and pour it out so freely.
I LOVE this! I'm inspired to write my own. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you did one. Hooray! So fun. I did one also, a while ago. http://adamshome.blogspot.com/2011/07/where-im-from.html
ReplyDeleteok, done. Love this idea. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://feonasheart.blogspot.com/
I love the way you wrote this. The pickle juice fights sound like fun.
ReplyDeleteYour family is exceptionally beautiful. All of them.
ReplyDeleteI love what you came from.
Your parents are beautiful beyond words.
Love it.
ReplyDeleteThis is really a neat idea. I'm so staying up late to do this!!
Love this post and I have to say that I see a remarkable similarity in the facial structures of your dad and Clay. Do you see it? Amazing. :)
ReplyDeletei was just thinking the same thing candice :)
ReplyDeleteyes! i do see it, too with my dad and clay! someone else [not on the blog] mentioned it, too! love it. =)
ReplyDeleteI love these posts! My sister did one and I read Steph's awhile ago as well! :) I plan on doing one someday, when I get some inspiration! ;)
ReplyDelete