airy.
several people tried to suggest that i shouldn't do white cabinets. i understand
what they're saying, but i don't agree for the home i'm envisioning. i get that standard is
beige everything with the faux ivy hanging over the top of the cabinets, but that's not how
i want our home to be. even the go-to granite...i just don't prefer its busy pattern for us.
i want our home to be. even the go-to granite...i just don't prefer its busy pattern for us.
i want to feel light and airy and modernly playful. i hope it works. i think it will.
this is basically just the bones of room. looking forward to seeing the fun elements come


I like where this is going! :)
ReplyDeleteMe too!! I am totally digging it!
ReplyDeleteIt will be AMAZING!!!
ReplyDeleteI think when you are a mom of many and spend A LOT of time in the kitchen pulling dishes in and out all day long open shelves are the way to go! Cleaner, more accessible...
ReplyDeleteSuper Cute Sister!
Homes are all starting to look the same on the inside nowadays. Bravo for doing something totally you! Woohoo!
ReplyDeleteMarybeth
ohhh i love it. already. clean, white, crisp. perfect. ivy belongs outdoors.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on granite. I feel so Ungrateful begging my husband to replace our granite countertops with something less FRANTIC, but there it is.
ReplyDeleteOut of curiosity, since your hubby does custom homes, is the goal to show off what is popular building practice or to be totally different from the norm? I haven't got any real reason I need to know, I was just impressed with all the creative freedom you had. Does this mean you'll get to keep this house???? (totally being nosy. apologies.)
I think it will be fabulous!
ReplyDeleteAfter seeing different model homes over the years I like concrete counters when they are done well. So many of the stone countertops are just so expensive. Nice choice of light cabinets to see into, stuff hides in my old dark cabinets.
ReplyDeleteWell I am a white cabinet and woodwork snob. When we have house hunted I always talk about "how much white paint will it take" to cover up all the wood ;) I ADORE the kitchen so far. Go with what you love and who cares what everyone else is doing. Dark kitchens depress me :) (p.s. can I move in with you?)
ReplyDeleteMarvelous space! we have a teeny kitchen now that I adore...and fantasize what I would do with it to redo. It is dark..methinks a paint job on the cabinets and leave the blackish reddish granity countertops and stainless steel appliances alone. So what color??? Not much wall space so really the cabinet color will be the IMPACT. Seriously, Maybe 15sf of wall space around cabinets in that little bitty.
ReplyDeleteLove it! I had just been drooling over your latest pins. Fun to see the broader picture here.
ReplyDeleteIs that pic with the bowls on the table yours? Every item in the photo is spectacular. Rug, chair, table & bowls, too.
I LOVE the look of white cabinets and wish we had them. One day... one day...
ReplyDeleteI like it. Open and airy.
ReplyDeleteLike your pin board ideas too... I'm following you now :)
We have white cabinets, love them.
ReplyDeleteSeriously? That's one tacky "standard" - do I detect a little snarkiness?! LOL.
I'm all white kitchen gal! My cupboards are all white, I have aclear glass splashback with white paint behind it and white (with tiny, tint flecks) bench top. It is so easy to keep clean (I have three boys). Love it and perfect to accent with whatever colours take your fancy!
ReplyDeletei love it!!! we have the standard pine cabinets and i am over them. will be painting ours white very very soon.
ReplyDeletei am giggling at the snark. ;)
I LOVE our white cabinets. We didn't get to choose them, but they're exactly what I would have picked, given the chance.
ReplyDeleteLOVE, LOVE, LOVE. We are renovating soon and I too am going for white cabinets (timeless and classic). I'm also using yellow and turquoise for accents (and grey). I'm an interior designer so I say you are brilliant!!
ReplyDeleteOH I think white will be lovely. I can't WAIT to see the finished product!!
ReplyDeleteI adore this, it is so YOU.
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about your family a lot today, just thought I would pop in and let you know.
HUGS! Z
I have white cabinets and love them. My kitchen walls are almost exactly the blue color of that bowl...I wanted something bright and cheerful.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! I cannot wait to see pictures of the kitchen once it's complete! :)
ReplyDelete