together. [updated with winner.]
interesting that i wrote today about longing for a family to walk this adoption road with.
they are friends that i haven't met yet, but i adore how God has woven their lives together
in really awesome ways. rachel & erica's daughters are already home
[and were best friends at their orphanage! WHAT a blessing to be home and have their families doing life together?!]
melissa's little boy is trying to make his way home.
here are some of melissa's words about this special friendship:
Rachel, Erica, and I are all from the same church. Erica and I are elders' wives and Rachel is the pastor's wife. When Erica moved to Fl and came to our church 2 years ago she shared her heart about orphans and this was something our church had all ready been praying about. Rachel felt called to adopt shortly after, then Erica did and we ended up being right after Erica. We all three (including others) have always said we will fight until they are all home and I am very blessed by their friendship, support and just being able to serve the Lord with these amazing ladies.
melissa & her family just received a court date for their little boy & need to book their
plane tickets within the 18 hours. i hear of lots of adoptive families and a lot of fund raising.
i think the beauty in highlighting it sometimes is that, as Christians, we all may not be called
to adopt, but it certainly is a tangible way to love on orphans--to come alongside a family that
is called to that. it is also such an encouragement to the families out there considering
adoption but wondering where the money will come from. it comes from our Provider
as He uses His people for His purposes & glory. in plain language, God asks us to step
up and fill in the gap for these families that have stepped out in obedience.
here are melissa's words on where they are in their journey right now:
We got our referral exactly 6 weeks ago and had to ask for money for the rest of that huge fee and now we are in the same boat. We have cut cable, sold everything we could, have had 5 yard sales, Chick-fil-A fundraisers, stuff from our church, sold shirts and jewelry and now we are here and praying the Lord will show us what to do next.
I have to be honest that I hate being in this position of constantly asking, I have to
constantly fight through the negativity going on in my head, but we will serve the Lord
at all cost. God never said it would be easy and learning to let go of my pride has been
a huge struggle of mine. We started our adoption journey March 31, 2010 and we are praying
that we can have our lil man home soon.
melissa's family only needs $2395 for this leg of their journey.
[that's one in four of you giving $10 right now.]
melissa's friends are holding an ipad giveaway to help her raise funds.
i wanted to tell you about it so you have a chance to win one for just $10,
but also so we can just love on this family and be a tiny part of Caleb's homecoming.
i also want to give away one of our brand new colors of Let Love Grow
shirts to anyone that gives $10 for the ipad giveaway. i've wanted to list
these for months & it just hasn't happened. this will be the first shirt to go out
and the rest have to come soon. here's a little sneak at one of the colors:
so, if you can, go to THIS post & donate on the sidebar under
'Donate Helping Others.'
if you let me know you did, not only will you have entered their ipad drawing,
but also my Let Love Grow shirt drawing. you'll have your pick of new
styles [tees, tunics & hoodies!] & colors!
thank you for blessing them!!
what a joy it is when we walk things out together.
updated: as of noon CST, they need just $1365. this is so do-able.
thank you, thank you for everyone that has jumped in to help.
such an encouragement! i'll be closing this shirt giveaway tonight at 10pm CST.updated again: melissa and her family received all the funds 7 minutes before
their airfare would have gone up by $800. they will soon be on a plane to love on
their little boy & go to court where, God-willing, he will no longer be an orphan!
thank you to each of you that spread the word, prayed and donated.
if you still feel called to give, you can do so at melissa's blog & it
will be going toward their travel expenses of their final trip....to bring Caleb HOME.
it is 100% true that God funds what He favors....and He certainly favors adoption.
thank you for allowing Him to use you in order to bless this family that has
stepped out in faith!
the Let Love Grow shirt winner by random generator is:
Allison from the Maines family blog!



Thank you friend. Umm....I want a shirt so hurry up and start selling them. I think you have some boys to bring home too. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm in. Bring the little guy home!
ReplyDeleteCarrie Andersson
I have donated. I wish I could have done more. I hope they get the amount they need!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the need! Praying everything they stand in need of will be provided! Just made a small donation and hope many others can do the same. "All things are possible with God".
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing the need . . . what a privilege to share in bringing this little guy home!!!
ReplyDeleteJust donated! AND my family is celebrating a referral from Ethiopia, a 3-4 year old girl...so hoping for a court date too! Hope Caleb comes home soon.
ReplyDeleteHappy to help them out and continuing to pray for your boys as well!
ReplyDeleteDone! Yippee! Can't wait to watch this story unfold!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! You are amazing! Always serving others. And I WANT A SHIRT!!!!! Seriously I do!! Thank you friend! Praying your boys home <3
ReplyDeleteThanks for directing us to a need! I donated.
ReplyDeleteDonated! I wish I could have given more, but donated for each person in my home. Thanks for sharing their journey with us.
ReplyDeletelove this. the way you broke it down to $10, how many times a day do i drop 10 here or there!
ReplyDeleteps i already have my new edition ts and the color is beautiful. so are you ;)
Donated to bring Caleb home! Love, get your shirts out! I just keep hearing from Mandie Joy how much she loves hers!
ReplyDeleteWe want Caleb HOME!...so we donated to help! The body of Christ is such a beautiful thing. Thanks for all you're doing on the behalf of others! Love your tees too :)
ReplyDeleteYou are right, can't think of a better way to spend $10. Praying for this family and yours as you wait.
ReplyDeletedone. <3
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing these needs with us Love.
it is amazing how God can use his people and the internet.
Love what you do to help others. I donated! Praying for he family.
ReplyDeleteSuzanne
So glad to help lovelyn. I'll be one of four!!! Take care, love dawn
ReplyDeleteawesome!! praying for this dear family!
ReplyDeleteShe made the statement "I have to be honest that I hate being in this position of constantly asking, I have to constantly fight through the negativity going on in my head, but we will serve the Lord at all cost. God never said it would be easy and learning to let go of my pride has been a huge struggle of mine." Well I just want to say, that if she didn't ask, you wouldn't have known and if you didn't know, you couldn't have given all of us the opportunity to KNOW and then ACT. My husband was teaching the youth last night about Faith without WORKS (ACTION) is dead. We have to DO something! Praise God for her willingness (and YOURS) to make the needs known! Praise God! I wish I could have given her more! But something is better than nothing!
ReplyDeleteDone. I'm in! You know i love me some "love" shirts!
ReplyDeletedone!!! i am loving these stories of babies and kids getting ready to enter their forever homes!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDonated! Thanks for allowing us to share in this family's journey to bring their little guy home! I can't think of a better way to spend my $10. Praying they surpass their goal!
ReplyDeletedone! thank you for sharing these stories so moving and inspiring!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the opportunity to donate to something so special. What a blessing to help in bringing this little one home! I am an adult child of parents who chose adoption quite a few years ago. So grateful for that gift of love. Prayers and blessings to each of you. Carol
ReplyDeleteI just finished making my donation. I pray they receive all the funds they need.
ReplyDeleteLani
done. and done. love how god is working. :0)
ReplyDeleteAwesome opportunity to demonstrate the small world we live in! I've donated what was left in my paypal acct! Thanks for sharing with us!!
ReplyDeleteOne currently adoptive family to another...made a donation directly to the Maser's adoption fund!
ReplyDeleteJust donated. :) Thanks for sharing this opportunity. My hubs and I hope to adopt one day, so it is exciting to see other families getting closer to the end of this part of the journey.
ReplyDeleteJust donated...can't wait to see your new Let Love Grow shirts!
ReplyDeleteLove, your heart it so big!!! Makes my heart smile!!!
I made a $10 donation. Thank you for sharing these opportunities to help other families. I can't always donate (well, maybe I should say my husband wishes I wouldn't always donate!) but I am so glad to know of small ways to help. Adopting has not been laid on our hearts as something God wants us to do, but I love knowing we are helping others answer that call in some small way and I would never come across this kind of thing on my own. I hope they get all they need!
ReplyDeleteOoooohhh, count me in for the drawing. Donating now. Love it, girl!
ReplyDeleteDone! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to help out!
ReplyDeleteAngela A.
Donated...and I really, really can't wait to buy a new shirt!
ReplyDeleteI donated...and I think this is pretty amazing. Thank you for sharing this opportunity with us :-)
ReplyDeleteI donated. Pretty amazing that a bunch of us chipping in $10 can bring a little boy into the arms of a mom and dad eagerly waiting for him.
ReplyDelete