summer.
oh man, these days going fast. i know people say that so much, but i think
because it's true. here we are smack dab in the middle of july and i'm not sure that
i know what to do with that. we have other plans! more fun things on our to-do list!
we need the days to slow down.
please slow down, summer.
also totally cliché? our kids are growing inches as they sleep.
bianca went to bed with little baby legs and woke up with toddler ones.
and hair! beautiful, curly hair. clay went to bed saying a couple words together and woke up
stringing words into paragraphs. ellie went to bed truly in between the babies and the
big girls. today at the park she slid down the big ol' fire man's pole like it was no big deal at all.
i blinked my eyes and there she was: a big girl. anika went to bed the shy one at vacation
bible school last year & is the social butterfly there this week. chloe went to bed
all-fun-no-work and wakes up now & begins helping with this or that just because. just because
we're a family.
and me. i guess i'm growing, too. in this season though, it is mostly in ways that show me
how very much i have to do. how far i have to go. i guess that's what growing is about though.


Somehow when I read your blog, I don't get the impression you need help with much! Five kids, two on the way, fundraising, running a household, fabulous photos, kids who do pottery (what?!?!?), I mean, you're like the Cleavers!!
ReplyDeleteLoved this post...I totally agree, my kids are changing daily and me - well I need to grow so much more in my walk with Christ but I am willing:) xo
ReplyDeleteMy sons do this to me also. My 6 year old goes to bed 6 and can wake up either 16 or 3...depending on the quality of his sleep. Isn't it funny how we don't know what kind of a child will wake up the next day? Part of the joy of being a Mommy. And I think getting called "Mommy" or Mama is one of my greatest blessings...right up there with being called WIFE and Child. :)
ReplyDeleteDo you ever feel like it may have been a distant dream? My kids are growing so fast and I have a hard time remembering them all as babies. Weird and sad. Thank God for pictures!!!!
ReplyDeleteI adore hearing about your kids growing up. What a beautiful stage of life.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, summer is disappearing! I can't believe it!
They grow so fast-it's scary to realize how little time I have left with my girls here at home before they venture into the world. I pray that I have instilled things into their heart and mind to make them godly women who above all else love Him.
ReplyDeleteGetting my younger daughter a new teen bible last night after youth made me tear up a bit. I can't believe she needs one and it seems like just yesterday we were getting her her first bible.
Thank you for your prayers. I am seeing signs that they are working.