47 starfish.
i'm tired and wish we had a family to walk this road with. i mean, i'm thankful for the
on-line community of adoption. despite my wonderful group of close friends, sometimes
some of these things are just hard to understand. sometimes, i feel like we're walking alone
and maybe even fighting battles with people that should be some of our biggest cheerleaders.
i know that this isn't about being cheered on. we're not doing this for anyone here. we're doing
this out of obedience. and love. even though we will continue to press in & through because
it is worth it, right now, i'm a tiny bit tired.

Look at all those starfish! I believe that for every one naysayer, there's at least 47 others that have got your back. :) We love you and are here for you.
ReplyDeleteI also know very well what it's like to be down a specific path with plenty of well-meaning friends, but none of them really "get it". I think we all have little dips in our paths like this. That's why we have Him.
love you,
Steph
Sending you and every little heart in your family, even (especially) the ones we haven't yet met, so much love. You are *never* alone. Miss you this week.
ReplyDeleteI think I know exactly how you feel. Online support is good, but I would love to have some "real life" support too.
ReplyDeleteI get it. Girl, I so get it. Praying for you today.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you are hurting : (
ReplyDeletelove you today. lifting you and every precious member of your family to a Father who cherishes you right through. (and i'll pray for rest for your weary, beautiful mama's heart.)
ReplyDeletePraying for you all! Be encouraged, you are not alone, even when it feels like it!
ReplyDeletepraying for you right now. praying that God will send you a some special love through someone right there near you, so you can really feel God's embrace.
ReplyDeletepraying for you Love. although I know nothing about international adoption, we did foster to adopt and it was a very long, emotional 2 yr journey, not to mention the actual parenting of the new child... There are times i felt alone and that noone else knew what I was experiencing. Hang in there. I am praying you get your boys soon. So you can have your happily-ever-after like you do with Clay. Adoption is the most beautiful, most misunderstood way of growing your family. It has changed my outlook on life forever. And one of the reasons I LOVE reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteOh Love,
ReplyDeleteIt's hard. Sometimes you need someone right there who "gets it".
I prayed this for you today:
Ephesians 1:15-23
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians%201:15-23&version=NIV
love and prayers for you and your two, sweet boys an ocean away.
I hope you feel my prayers and feel His comfort in those times you feel so alone and so tired..
ReplyDeleteYou can do this Mama!!!
It's okay to be tired sometimes and to wonder if you can keep pressing through. I think these are the moments where you have to reach deep down inside yourself and know that there is always someone to alleviate your weariness, someone who will let you rest your tired head on their shoulder--whether it's a higher power, a friend, or a family member, you are never alone.
ReplyDeleteMuch love.
Praying for you, haven't stopped.
ReplyDeleteI have felt this same exact way time and time again... It can be difficult, but it will be worth it. This feeling will pass and you will feel a renewed sense of determination and strength. :) I have to say that I LOVE YOUR PICTURE!!! Our blog is called Finding my Way to My Baby Starfish and we have been calling our future child "Baby Starfish." I think I may have been led to your blog for a reason... :)
ReplyDeleteSometimes we just feel like that. Even when some people can sort of understand. It is difficult but you will get through. He hears all. Don't stop talking with Him. And though you do share lots here, consider writing something very personal between you and God or you and the boys. Read it. Cry if you need to. Then get rid of it if that helps. You will get through.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, Love. It is so very tough. Sometimes the roads we walk are far too lonely. Praying you feel God's grace surrounding you.
ReplyDeleteBri
P.S. Lovely photo.
Love you so much and praying that you would be overwhelmed by God's peace and rest. Wish i could say something to make it better but instead i will lift you up to THE one who can comfort you! HUGS!
ReplyDeletepraying, love. your words ring true with me and are inspiring. one day i hope to be able to walk this path with you. a little shaky, but worth it in the end.
ReplyDeleteI am sending up a prayer for you right now.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you! I understand. I had lunch and a long chat yesterday with another mom almost at the same point in the journey as us and it was a breath of fresh air to my weary soul. Praying the Lord brings someone along side you to walk the rest of the path with.
ReplyDeleteOh Love, I was right in that position with our adoption one year ago. I know the feeling of being tired and the feeling of no one being on our side. ((hugs)) and prayers. Just wanted to say I care and I know (to an extent).
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I are adopting from Ethiopia for our first child and while friends mean well, I think they think are too concerned with why we chose this instead of having "children of our own first." I can't tell you how many times we've been asked when/if we will.
ReplyDeletePraying that you are filled with peace.
I UNDERSTAND
ReplyDeleteI get it. We did it alone the first time. Completely different having a walking partner/partners. I have an idea. Move here! :) Praying. Love you and your heart. Can't wait to see your boys home!!!
ReplyDeleteDang girl. I wish I really knew you better and was near (physically speaking) to where you are. I would love to have coffee and talk. Thanks for always being real on your blog. I sure appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteI totally get it. This is a hard road to travel. At times we need someone to lean on. Someone to carry us. We need rest. Hugs, sister.
ReplyDelete