rainbow.

this week has been full of hot, beautiful, all the family,
colorful, outside fun.  have i mentioned that i adore summer?
i've missed this space though even in a few days.
people often tell me that they could never have time
for blogging.  or ask where i could find the time.

i guess i see everything as a trade-off.
i probably watch a combined total of 1 hour of TV a month.
it is a very, very rare occasion that i talk on the phone during the day.
texts often don't get answered until after bedtime. 
and when i do have to do one of those things during the day,
it's a trade-off.  i'm thankful for this.  i see my blogging as a little bit of
therapy, mixed in with a [hopefully] gift to far away family,
mixed with a little bit of ministry.

all those words to remind myself that i'm thankful for this space.
that includes you who take time to come here and share it with me.
here's a peek into some of our week.  i'm so grateful for color!

Comments

  1. i'm so thankful for your words!

    xoxo abra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your color and really enjoyed Crazy Love! I bet you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all those toesies. :)

    I'm glad you write- you're one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging is therapeutic to me too. I try to keep the posts positive to spread good stuff around, but mine are much more raw than yours someday. I'm a work in progress. Keep blogging, I love reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful you take the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on what blogging means to you. I'm so glad you posted this, because I've been thinking about how writing is such a release for me and wondering if I'd be able to keep it up after the baby comes.
    Thanks to you, I think I will:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pictures!!! Looks like a wonderful summer time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thankful you blog! I blog for pretty much the same reasons.
    and, I love the peony.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friend, you have such a way with words. I hear you, sister! Do you know that last month, I had to call Dan at work to ask him how to turn on our TV? We had a babysitter over while the kids were napping and I literally had no idea how to turn it on. That's where I find my blogging time too :-) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm reading that same book. Great thoughts. I think I find the time to blog because I'm home A LOT. When I'm on the go, I don't have time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ditto on the blogging!
    your blog is indeed a ministry-to me at the very least. thanks so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That book keeps haunting me...or rather God must need me to read this book because He keeps showing it to me. Thank you for your ministry and your willingness to share your story. You inspire me everytime I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crazy Love is amazing and the baby toes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love how colorful your home is, and how purposeful you are with your time! I'll be honest with you...sometimes I read your posts and just beat myself up because I'm not more like you. Then I remember God made me to be me for a reason, and while I can aspire to be a better me that brings HIM glory, I can't be you. Not should I try.
    I really do need to re-read Crazy Love. That is such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love those sweet little toenails, and all this color, and you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're the same way about TV - about one hour per month.

    And I almost never talk on the phone (I actually probably should a little bit more).

    Also - I feel the same way about blogging.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts