friends.

love these kids and their mamas.
yesterday deserved impromptu fun & i'm so grateful for it.
.
it is really, really strange to be a pretty private person & also push
publish post at the same time.  two people are forever gone this week.
one i have such regret.  allowing other people's issues to get in the way of a
relationship.  way too much left unsaid.  never properly expressed my love
or wonderful, wonderful memories.
.
the other is steeped in grief for those left behind, but absolutely no regret.
we shared our hearts openly. nothing left unsaid.  some things only said
to each other. made time even when it didn't look like there was any.
so, i grieve her short time, dreams left laying, family left hurting.
.
go lay it on the line.  love more than you want to. 
say it--even when you think they already know. 

Comments

  1. "love more than you want to."

    It's risky, but it's the only way to live.

    Thanks for this, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to lay it on the line. Thanks for the call to action, friend.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, especially when you think they already know. you just can over-love.

    speaking of, i love YOU!
    blessed beyond measure each time i click into your little piece of the internet. praising jesus for you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your loss, friend.
    And thanks for the reminder- laying it out can seem so scary sometimes, but it is worth it, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said it perfectly. Love you, too, in case I haven't told you lately.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this reminder. I love you. I love our kids together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the reminder. Today grief hit me in an unexpected way at an unexpected time. Instead of letting it make me sad, your post helped me to use that grief to push me to love those around me even more. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness.
    "love more than you want to"
    I love this.
    Love your blog (found it through faith blogs!)...
    I'm going to follow along for the ride, if you don't mind!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get this so much-sadly I wish I didn't. Life is just cut too short and sometimes it seems like forever until we will see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am having a hard day. Lots of tears. Such a beautiful lady. I am thankful I found you through her. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts