a day.

this might have been the only time that bianca's feet touched the pool water.
okay, maybe that is a slight exaggeration, but not by much.  sister likes to lounge
poolside--and on the top step of the pool.  clay? ohmyword. must watch him
like a hawk. child thinks he can swim. and yes, we've let him [briefly] try.
good reminder of why we seriously don't need a pool at this point in our lives. 

and beach time! 
[am i the only one that sees 2 perfectly sized, little, empty spaces in this picture?]
 
someone caught a starfish today when we got to the beach. chloe wanted to find one herself
so very much.  i encouraged her to, but also to not be disappointed if she didn't. 
finding two today would be a really big blessing.
and then, there were two.
we went to dinner ocean side.  we caught sight of dolphins twice.  
 huge cruise ships pulled out and ellie declared that she would someday tell her boyfriend 
that they would take a disney cruise on their honeymoon.  chloe and anika decided
that they'd like to do the same, but wanted to make sure that it would be okay
to have 'your grown-up sister with you on your honeymoon.'  so, they are now
plotting their double wedding ceremony.  to brothers.
the water slides that they could see on the top deck of the ship pretty much
sealed that deal.  oh, life.  they crack me up.
i love our little family.

Comments

  1. I love this so much. This is what memories are made of. And I see those two spots, just like those two starfish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. um where did you get that purse ZOMG amazing! fossil?

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. Beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! ALL my kids had to be watched like a hawk at that age at the pool. And so funny, Ari's wearing that tutu suit in my post from Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Clay's hair...can you tell me how you did it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two starfish are definitely a special blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait wait you are so on the wrong beach!!! Also I second - where'd you get the purse?! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a special post! Such joy everywhere! Sometimes it is so hard to understand His plan and the wait, but you can do it! Thank you for sharing your joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. look at you so relaxed and vacation-fied. i love it!!! i'm so glad you guys are having fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness - I love love love every picture. Have fun! Enjoy those treasure and your man!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post made me smile so big -- such sweet pictures and I love the wedding/honeymoon planning among the sisters!

    Also: Praying so hard that those two empty spots will be filled soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Clay's hair, so cute! Also, the last photo displayed of the 5 kiddos and you is just too sweet! I would also like to know where you got that purse? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Your family is adorable and I hope the missing pieces fill in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. linda bought that same suit (b's) for gretchen. we have to get them together in them!
    i saw two empty spots, and i can see elle turning to hand her twin something! i can picture her showing him what she just found in the sand ;)
    can't get over how good c's hair looks!
    miss yous

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my word...the tutu suit is killer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the double wedding idea. I used to plan such plans when I was a kid. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like your bag. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm with the rest of them, I love your purse! Also, that first picture..too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing pictures! Amazing family! Can't wait until the newest additions are home!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi friends! thank you--my purse was last year's mother's day gift. each of the kids gave me a coordinating piece of this line from Fossil. [yeah, husband!] =)

    and clay's hair is in two strand twists, ashley. if you youtube, you can look up videos on it, but you basically section hair then twist 2 strands around each other. it took about 3 hours total. =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all of the pictures! SO cute.
    Hope your having tons of fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a great time! so happy y'all are vacationing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. bianca and audrey are too much alike. i will be in the pool with naomi and she is splashing around, then look to see audrey laying out on her towel. not even kidding.

    what fun memories you are making.

    i see the empty spaces on the beach that will be filled very, very soon! *praying*

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful! Those two spots will soon be filled! HE is faithful! Enjoy the beach and sunshine, kiddos and hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful as always... i love to see and read your blog. wondering... can you tell me what type of bag you have in the last picture? AND where can I get one??!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts