small style.
elle belle got extra sweet today for an Easter party.
incidentally, Easter is this weekend.
while i know that Easter isn't about dying the eggs, egg hunts
or preparing the meal, i do love doing those things because we
are together and it gives us a chance to talk about what
Easter really means.
[SO, i have some egg preparation & meal figuring out to do, i guess!]
ellie then helped her sister get ready for the day
she took the task adorably serious:
how about you? do you have Easter traditions
with fun or meaningful things for the kids?
i love building these memories.
linking up with Mama Loves Papa's small style!
ellie: tunic, pants & hair flower-Matilda Jane Clothing
bianca: dress-Matilda Jane Clothing, leggings-Target




totally agree-easter isn't about the activities, but they are great for family bonding and to talk about Jesus. we do the same over here, in fact, this morning we had a small easter party at our house with cookie decorating and egg dying.
ReplyDeleteyour girls NEED to be models for matilda jane. just sayin.
Her flower---too much cuteness i can't take it!
ReplyDeleteAnd wow her eyes on that second photo-WOW, Mamma!!
We do our service on the beach on Easter, (at least we have the last 3 years) and a bunch of us from church all stay at the beach for the day. It's not the usual Easter luncheon, but it's become my new challenge to make something extra special for our Easter beach picnic! I have about 48 hours to figure out this years menu! : )
Every year, I dye eggs and usually make a sweet treat with my husband's cousin's kids. If I'm not sure to mention it, they certainly do, so we ALWAYS do it.
ReplyDeleteSo much fun. And gives time to spend with them that we can all count on.
Did you do the photo love contest?!?!!! I didn't see it, if so!!! :(
ReplyDeleteAre you a trunk keeper for Matilda Jane? I think I want to buy.
ReplyDeleteYou don't have many easter traditions yet. I made jello eggs last year & Gillian now takes about them often. She is expecting them. I gonna have to try to do them again, I guess!
erin--just sent you an e-mail.
ReplyDeletei'm not a trunk keeper, but i love my lady. if you make a wishlist from their website and send it to you at saras@matildajaneclothing.com
she's take care of the order for you. there's 25% off the adult line through today and free shipping on everything through friday!
[i don't get anything for this....just sharing the LOVE.] =)
little beauties!
ReplyDeletewe are just getting started with traditions here-we dyed eggs this afternoon-interesting with a two year old;)
happy easter!!
i love your girls' style, but mostly, i love your girls. period.
ReplyDeleteand oh my. that e&b shot makes me think that maybe my girl needs a little sister next.
:)
What season is the smaller Matilda Jane from? I ordered that dress earlier this Spring, but they had a different fabric. I prefer your fabric. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://amomseyeview-lulu.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-post_2288.html
we do Easter story cookies w/ the boys each year ~ every step of the recipe relates to a part of the easter story, so we read in the Word and discuss as we put the recipe together! they really enjoy it and so do we!! and we decorate eggs on saturday before easter!
ReplyDeleteThey are too cute. I am a MJ fan - the clothes always photograph so well.
ReplyDeleteOur family has a huge get-together. First church, then family fun!
All of that stuff is so much- to celebrate the real meaning of Easter! :)
ReplyDeleteI love their outfits! I don't have any Matilda Jane for Finley. Now I need to go get my hands on some...
LOVE sweet Ellie helping her sister get ready. What a great big sis! Sibling relationships are my absolute favorite.
Oh my goodness!! That picture of her doing her sister's hair is so cute!! My 2 and a 1/2 year old tries to do her sister's hair sometimes but it usually winds up with the little one crying.
ReplyDeleteI know this sounds weird but one of the most meaningful Easter traditions in our house is that we watch Jesus Christ Superstar with my 6 year old. We have it on DVD and he loves it. Plus, it gives us a chance to really talk about all the people in the story. We tend to have the Bible around and compare it to that.
I love the little style queen, styling her little sisters hair! that is adorable.
ReplyDeleteMy wee girl was in MJ for small style this week too. Some of the fabrics are even the same!
Beautiful dresses! I love those new styles!
ReplyDeleteI miss your girls!
Steph
Your girls look great - love that the dresses seem to echo each other with similar patterns being carried through both pieces. Matchy matchy with out being too twee. Love it.
ReplyDeleteYour girls have such colorful, unique, stylish clothes!
ReplyDeleteI'm curious: what would you say you spend on average for each outfit?
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net