waiting.
missing our boys today. [every day.]
thank you for your prayers as a meeting happened this weekend.
things are progressing & we are trusting.
i also really appreciate you all cheering us on while understanding
that many parts of this journey just can't be shared on a public forum
and in all honesty, won't be shared anywhere.
it is a careful balance to talk about & encourage the journey of adoption
while protecting your individual children's stories.
i will be sharing some of our journey to meeting the boys in the coming
weeks. some things won't be shared. some things will have to wait
until they are home to be shared. [like their names!]
thank you for walking this with us.
i'll say it over and over again that adoption isn't the answer
to the global orphan crisis, but it is a beautiful part of it.
it is also a really sacred time of waiting & trusting.
so thankful that a friend sent me this truth:
It is interesting to know that when God gives a man some significant
task to preform, He first tests his power of patience. We should be
people of ambition, nevertheless it is with patience as well as push
that we win our Christian race of life.
-Frieda Schneider
patience & push...part of everything that is worth doing, i suppose.


You are such a beautiful soul <3
ReplyDeletelove, praying for you, friend! you've encouraged me today!
ReplyDeletepress on!
xo
Understanding and prayer.
ReplyDeleteOh that photo feels everything.
ReplyDeleteSteph
This is such a sweet picture. My heart is smiling for you, the boys, and your growing family.
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray that you are able to get these sons home soon!
ReplyDeletethat photo. wow.
ReplyDeleteSuch a precious picture Love! So thankful to share these precious steps in your journey. {always praying}
ReplyDeleteThat picture of you Love and that little boy did something to my heart. I don't know if it's your son you're holding, but the two of you seem like the luckiest people in the world. I'm being patiently impatient. Can't wait to "meet" these boys.
ReplyDeleteLove you. Push and Patience - a weird combo but a big part of it.
ReplyDeletethanks, friends! yes, izzy, that's one of our boys! =)
ReplyDeletepraying for you--I love your heart!
ReplyDeletepaige
I dont often comment on your blog but i often think about you all and remember you when i talk to God. I have hope in my heart for you that things will happen the way they are meant to. x
ReplyDeletei am SO praying for you. I truly DO understand. we are walking a similar path... we are also in the process of adopting 2 sweet little ones into our family. you are amazing & strong & you helped give us that push we needed when we thought we couldn't adopt because we already have 5 kids. so. for that? thank you! so much!
ReplyDeletei'm going to hold that quote close by for the waits ahead. patience and push. yes.
ReplyDeleteneeded to see this to be reminded of bigger things. praying and thinking of your family every day.
ReplyDeleteyou were on my mind so much this weekend. glad to hear things are progressing.
ReplyDeleteThat photo is breathtaking. Kind of one of those "a picture is worth a thousand words" moment, except that only one word is needed: Mother.
ReplyDeleteWhen your boy comes come can you give them a big Kiss from me, I will never meet them here on earth (Lord willing I will later)but I love them, this is strange, but I do I love them.
ReplyDeleteAnd I know you LOVE them and they will be SO LOVED home with your family :-)
Sweet picture! Still praying!
ReplyDelete~Molly P
Ugh. Made me cry! So beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLovelyn....how exciting . praying for you and your family on this journey.
ReplyDeletepraying for *the* day.
ReplyDeletethe day when that embrace is permanent.
You are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI read this and had to come back again to it. Once again, you shared in your beautiful way with words how you felt...and how I sometimes feel but can't find the words. We are not in the process of adopting (well, that is not entirely true...we are still in the praying and waiting) but we are foster parents. I completely understand that the difficulty in protecting your child's privacy but still sharing...like I said, you worded it beautifully. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. Praying especially for your two special boys who are just as eagerly waiting for you!
ReplyDeletemost.beautiful.picture. A mama's love...
ReplyDeleteThat picture tells so much of the story already!
ReplyDeleteThanks for being an example to all of us.
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net