today [in pictures].

the other night, we had friends over.  my legs were aching so terribly
and i assumed it was because i hadn't sat down that day.  so, we sat on the
couch and tried to relax.  it didn't last long, but that's okay.  i knew i'd get a break
soon.  yet, then that pain started going through my body.  the awful, deep down in your
bones pain that hurts when anything comes near you.  i felt all shaky, chilled and feverish.
i pushed through getting the kids ready for bed and went to turn on the shower for one
of them.  i was reaching for something and accidentally turned the water on and it
sprayed everywhere on me.  in my face, all over my shirt
and all over my aching bones.  
i thought i might scream, but i laughed.  and laughed.  
and i cried while i laughed some more.  sometimes it's just all you can do.
i tucked them into bed.  then, i tucked myself into bed.  at 8:30pm.

today?  today was much, much better.

Comments

  1. awww. glad that hasn't come back!
    had fun with you guys today. anika's handiwork didn't make it thru her nap to show jay. but he did see pics, told her it looked like war paint! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your day improved. The kids, as usual, are gorg! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad such madness didn't last long! Where did you find the Love Well bracelets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sort of place is this? The play pizza kitchen & diner?
    I am so glad you are feeling better. Reading about your pain I started to get worried that you were going to tell us you are terribly sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those pictures are beautiful. i love the puzzle shot.

    i'm so glad today was better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to hear you are feeling much better Love. That pain sounds extremely awful and I pray it does not come back, EVER!
    I love how you do your collage of pics, it always tells the story of the moment/event so well. I too, would love to know where you got the love, well bracelets. What a great reminder to be wearing all the time.

    Take care,
    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry for your physical pain. It makes it hard to care for others when that happens. Thank you for not crawling into bed without first taking care of your precious kiddos. I know that seems silly to you to say that but in reality many moms would have...you were Jesus to them by meeting their needs first...and you were Jesus to me too. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad to hear that today is better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i linked the Love Well bracelet a few posts ago. let me find it....

    ReplyDelete
  10. here! this shop:

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/PonderandStitch

    i just asked for the words and color/fabrics that i wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feel better soon!

    Where were these pictures taken? My guess is a children's museum?

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts