thankful for moms.
my mom came to visit this weekend and, as always, i was so grateful for the time & silently wished for every person to appreciate a mom that is close...while simultaneously ached for each of you that doesn't have her mom right now. the kids were so excited to see their nana and we played, danced, painted and played beauty shop. ellie decided to play beauty shop with her dollies now all morning. so fun.
while she was here, i slipped out of the house for a bit to do something that i hadn't planned on telling anyone about. Listen To Your Mother is a show that features live readings by local writers on motherhood in celebration of Mother's Day. one of my best friends is directing and producing a show right here in our area. i almost didn't consider auditioning, yet we all have motherhood stories to tell don't we? about us being a mom, wanting to be a mom, our own mother.... we have powerful stories. so, i shakingly auditioned. no matter the outcome, i'm so thankful for a chance to tell my story and so excited to hear the stories that are cast for the production in May. if you're local, i hope you'll come. if not, it will be available on-line and you can watch last here's here. [seriously. you should watch.] motherhood is a beautiful.hard.joyful thing, isn't it?!
while she was here, i slipped out of the house for a bit to do something that i hadn't planned on telling anyone about. Listen To Your Mother is a show that features live readings by local writers on motherhood in celebration of Mother's Day. one of my best friends is directing and producing a show right here in our area. i almost didn't consider auditioning, yet we all have motherhood stories to tell don't we? about us being a mom, wanting to be a mom, our own mother.... we have powerful stories. so, i shakingly auditioned. no matter the outcome, i'm so thankful for a chance to tell my story and so excited to hear the stories that are cast for the production in May. if you're local, i hope you'll come. if not, it will be available on-line and you can watch last here's here. [seriously. you should watch.] motherhood is a beautiful.hard.joyful thing, isn't it?!


Oh yay!! I'm so glad to hear it will be available on-line.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a lovely time with your mom. My mom is close 6 months of the year (yay) and far 6 months of the year (boo), so I really appreciate her when she's here.
Yay! I was seriously thinking of making a trip out to NWI to finally meet you all and see the show but I just can't do it that weekend, so I'm thrilled it will be online! I'd love to hear your story. :)
ReplyDeleteNANAS ROCK!
ReplyDeleteLove this montage, and am so honored for the shout out and that you auditioned.
Thank you!
Ann
I adore this.
ReplyDeleteI almost didn't audition, too. I almost ALMOST didn't audition even after I'd signed up, but how silly is that? How often do we get to voice, OUT LOUD, our stories? Almost never.
I love this so much, and that you all totally "get" it! Beauty.
ReplyDeleteSteph
I love this post. I live outside Boston and my Mom lives in Charlotte, NC and it stinks not having your Mom live close. I miss her, my kids miss her and when she comes to visit it's awesome! I hope, too, that people with a Mom close by remember to appreciate that.
ReplyDeletewhat a fun weekend--it makes me want to get my hair washed. :)
ReplyDeleteand so cool that you auditioned. i'm REALLY hoping to attend the show!
Thankful, thankful for my close 4 door down Moma for the past 3 years. I 'know' this is rare and I treasure her.
ReplyDeleteJust listened to last year [the first 5] thanks for the link.
I was laughing, nodding in agreement, crying [mother for a mother] and liked it on facebook...
Hope you make the cast this year! I would so love to hear your story-
Sounds like a wonderful weekend for you and the kiddies :) That really looked like an awesome visit to the beauty parlor :) Good luck with your story and I hope to see you online. So sad I don't live local to go and see the show :( What a very creative outlet for all types of Mamas to lift each other up!!
ReplyDeleteIt's such a joy to have moms who pour into our children! :)
ReplyDeleteYours is a powerful story to tell. Regardless of the outcome, I'm proud of you.
ReplyDeletestephanie@metropolitanmama.net