just in case i haven't...
have i told you that i broke my camera on day 2 in uganda?
like broke. major. serious.
[i did. totally replaceable, but the warranty didn't do much good 1/2 a world away.]
have i told you that i fell in love?
[i did. 5 little boys. 2 little girls. village living. pineapple soda. beef on a stick.]
have i told you that i held a monkey?
[i did. i've always, always wanted to. it peed on me. i didn't really care.]
have i told you that i'm home, but a big part of my heart is still there?
[well, i am. and it is.]



love, thank you for sharing every step of your journey with us. I have loved the pictures and the stories and the sweet ones you have met in Uganda. Praying for you and all that lies ahead. I know so well the deep desire to be home with your little ones and at the very same time, be half a world away with your other little ones. :) Love you, friend.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing. I haven't commented much, but I did read. Prayed for you, prayed for Africa, and asked God to lead me to what is next.
ReplyDeleteI have loved every post and am so grateful that you shared while you were there. So powerful. Praying for you as you return to the "normal." I know it can't be easy. Looking forward to hearing more and how we can help be His hands.feet.voice.
ReplyDeletemmm! beef on a stick - I'm in love, too! :)
ReplyDeleteMy heart is still there, as well. Praying for our loves.
Glad you're home safely, I've been thinking of and praying for you. I can't imagine what it feels like to have half your heart half a world away. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI have a theory about the camera. It is the reason I made myself put mine down while in Kenya. Even though I can feel how sick you probably were because I know it is a passion of yours and you tell the story so beautifully through your pictures. Sometimes we want so much to capture the moment for others and tell the story that we miss the moment ourselves...the very opportunity to give even one more second of ourselves while there...
ReplyDeleteLike Mary/Martha...sometimes we just need to sit as HIS feet and be in each present moment. The camera breaking was a God thing and a hidden blessing. So thankful for you and each single moment you served.
whoa, whoa! didn't mean to imply that this little one is the part of my heart that i left there. this is jessica. she has family in the village and was at a feeding program that we participated in. she was my buddy for the day. =)
ReplyDeletesorry for ALLLLL of you that i confused and hope you see this. =)
Thank you so much for taking all of us on the trip to Africa with you. I eagerly awaited new posts and pictures - and even though you broke your camera, I still thought the photos were amazing. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your brood is glad you are home!
JEN
I loved "experiencing" this journey with you, Love. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHave I told you I am so glad we were in Uganda together AGAIN? Have I told you that I just love love love you AND you beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteAdmiring what you do and what a great and beautiful person you are (inside and out).
ReplyDelete<3 Marcela
I found your blog awhile back and just had to comment. Thank you for sharing your story. Your pictures. Your testimony. I just stepped off a plane from Kenya {this afternoon} it's always so bittersweet to be home...
ReplyDeleteps. i have the same keen shoes...too cute.
So glad you made it home safely! Your sweet babies must have been sooo glad to see you!
ReplyDeletePineapple soda? Yum!
Your journey has been inspiring. I read all your posts, and didn't comment, because I just wanted to take in the beauty of it. I am sure your heart feels so much. I hope you can put into words even just half of it. I'm sure your babies and hubby are glad to have you home :)
ReplyDeletecamera.. boo-hoo
ReplyDeletepineapple soda... yummy
monkey... too cool
home safely... yeah
what you did... awesome
britt
Really proud of you Love! I'm sure you are busy enjoying all the little people in your house today...will continue to pray for your heart!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about your camera! I hope you can get it repaired soon.
ReplyDeleteSteph
Oh, that little boy's face! Unforgettable.
ReplyDeleteWill you adopt again?
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net