already.

it's my last couple hours in uganda.
i have much to do, but wanted to share a few pictures.
thank you for coming along with me.
i will have more stories to tell and ways you can
get involved once i'm home.

today, i spent the morning at an orphanage.
i have a little boy that i love there that i knew would be
my last few hours with him.
i wanted to hold him and love him,
but a new little one came in. 
a 2 year old.  maybe 10 pounds.  scars.  burns.  
ribs protruding.  eyes vacant.
who knows how long since he has
felt a loving mother's touch.

so, i held him.
i kissed him and 'my' boy goodbye.
i miss uganda already.


Comments

  1. Oh Love - I think I know how torn you must feel leaving those precious children behind but knowing that your precious family can't wait for you to come home. I'm thinking (hoping) that soon 1 or 2 or 3 of the those babies will be finding their forever family in you. Safe travels, much love across the miles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for the leaving...I know that is the hardest part. Praise God for the love you are able to leave behind. Praying too for all that has to happen next...much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful for all you are doing and have done there! Can't wait to hear how I can be involved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, geez, i have chills. i will pray for that two year old. and pray for a safe return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Beautiful, with a break your heart kind of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have loved following along on your journey. Safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful. lovely. bittersweet. sigh...

    praying for your safe return.

    britt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you as you return and for those you leave behind.

    Bless you friend for being His Hands...His Feet.

    In Him,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Safe travels, XO.

    Your photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine how hard it was to make the decision which one to hold, but I know you made the right one. I'm so glad that sweet child felt a loving touch today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am so glad you were there to give that baby some loving cuddles. you did a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. (sometimes i run out of words. oh, lovelyn.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love that picture of everyone's hands! Mama Catherine has always said, "Though our skin may be different colors, the palm of all of our hands are white and we all bleed red."

    Thank you for sharing your experience! I TOTALLY know what you mean about leaving part of your heart in Africa. I just can't wait to get back and love on some babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pictures and words have been SO beautiful to see/read. Thank you for sharing and opening us up to what's going on in Uganda.

    ReplyDelete
  16. {tears...AGAIN}

    I'm glad that you are making me cry. It is GOOD to be reminded of these things.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts