do well. do good.

above our couch isn't finished yet.
i'm waiting on just the things i have envisioned in my head.
but, i love what's there so far & have loved changing what is 
hanging in the grey frame.
i put up anything that inspires me....and this does.

today is full of house projects, cleaning & organization.
i really do try to focus on what is important,
but the fact remains that our income depends heavily
on the way our home is presented.
 
so, today, i will do this with joy knowing
that it is part of the priviledge of staying home with our children.

what are you up to today?
wanna give me your best organizational tip?

Comments

  1. I absolutely love the picture frames. I remember seeing the yellow one as you painted it months ago & I felt so inspired to put more color in my life. You definitely have a knack for beautifying a house!

    I don't have closet space in my house, so everything sits out. I find one way to make those things look organized (like my towels for example) is to take extra time to fold them a certain way so that they look a bit fancier on their shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this would help you at all but I am addicted (ADDICTED I tell you) to those small plastic storage baskets. They are in my bathroom drawers, medicine chest, & I use them in the babies' drawers to organize tiny clothes. LOVE them, & if nothing else they help me have a sorted mess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm cleaning out the closest [first up, school supplies]. best tip? hmm, throw stuff away and use containers and zip locks. oh and give the kids something to do so they don't "help you" too much ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any tips-because I'm not organized. BUT, I had to say I love your frames. So beautiful-also love, that you change out the inspiration regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try so hard to be organized, it doesn't often work but today if my stomach lets me I am going to go up and organize my craft room so I can make my niece's birthday gift and start on Christmas presents. (I have had a intestinal bug for the past 3 days. I feel fine as long as I don't eat anything, the trouble is that my sugar drops and I feel ill because I can't eat. It's a crazy cycle that has me in misery on the couch with my netflix being all wonky. This is probably a sign that maybe just maybe I should be doing something more productive with my down time on the couch.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so creative, I could learn much from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's OK to love to make your space beautiful!!
    Not to say my house looks as fabulous as yours, but I keep seeing that we have such similar taste! I have the Yellow Rose Dwell Pillow on our gray couch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous.
    no organizational tips, just wanted to tell you that you have a fabulous eye for design, color and decorating.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything that is happening on and above your couch. I need to do something to my wall too. This might be just the right idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My little one spent the night with his grandparents lastnight because I needed SOOOOOOOOOOOO badly to get a grip on laundry. I feel guilty with him doing that, but I feel even guiltier trying to spend too much time on it when he's home! (I work full time) We recently started working on refinishing a dresser and in the meantime our clothes took up residence in the dining room...it got UgLy! I am taking advantage of the piles of clothes everywhere and trying to cut our clothes in half...taking the rest to Goodwill. We shouldn't have this many clothes and surely if we can cut down it will help with my laundry issues! I feel like I am never gonna get a grip on that! Tonight I plan on conquering our closet!!

    Please share your tips. I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Today, I am cleaning out as well. Having a yard sale this weekend :) Ruthlessly editing all this "stuff".

    Best tip? Baskets, baskets everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I see photos of your home, I am thinking how beautiful and charming it is. I think I could use tips from YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow i would NEVER think to decorate like that Yet I LOVE it, are you like a decorator? wonderful taste!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am with Sara Joy. Since I have limited space, storage containers and baskets are my LIFE.
    Also, please come over and make my house pretty kthnxbye. (Actually, there is a spot that I need your help with because I'm at a loss.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm an organizing freak. I get excited when the seasons change so I can sort my kids clothes. (I know!) But I always have a hard time with organizational tips lest my suggestion seem too obvious.

    That said, my favorite tip lately is to purge often so you have less to organize. A family of 6 in a 3 BR house, we cannot afford to keep stuff that isn't both loved AND used.

    Your style is divine. How does your house affect your income?

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's totally none of my business but I'm very curious about how your income is determined by the way your house is presented. Maybe I need that job so I'm more motivated to (make and) keep my house nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i LOVE your couch.... i want it.... badly.... where did you buy it at? i also love your frames, i thought about doing something similar in my daughters room, except i can never find any cool frames... i'm on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My fave organizational tip is FlyLady - have you seen her? LOVE her. SHe's kind of over-the-top, but when I take the time to implement her stuff in a way that works for me, it WORKS. My plan is to really try to do it in our new house. (We move in a week!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your frames are beautiful, I would hang the frame with the picture of your children inside the green frame, it seems a little small hanging out there all by itself, plus it would add a little layering. Just a suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this!!! I'm so not creative, but I love seeing ideas like this! Thanks for sharing your beautiful space.

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the colors. LOVE the layout. I'm in the process of redoing our "above couch" area and you gave me a few good ideas. So thank you! :) And the thought of ME leaving YOU an organizational tip makes me laugh. hahaLOL really. still laughing... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE!

    Can I hire you to come do my house? :)

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just wanted to pop over and thank you for the lovely note via Julie for my baby shower. I have really enjoyed reading your blog over the past year, and I admire what an amazing mother you are. Most of the notes made my hormonal pregnant self cry. :-)

    Thank you!

    p.s. Love the frames, you have a nice flair for design! I am not the most organized person, so I don't have any good advice. . . except maybe adding extra shelves and organizers to closets. We have multiple shelves in our closet and it helps me store stuff easily.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your home is lovely - so cozy, so artistic.

    This line stuck out to me from your post: "our income depends heavily on the way our home is presented." I often think about this. Fashionable homes and fashionable people are almost always that way because they are backed by lots of money. As a result, I am usually not terribly impressed when I see celebrities or wealthy families who have gorgeous homes, perfect hairstyles, and creative wardrobes. I am MUCH more impressed when I see an ordinary person who has a knack for showcasing beauty, even with limited resources.

    All that to say, I am impressed by YOU.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Also - I was thinking about you today and wondering when you first started blogging. How is that I didn't discover your blog until this year? It's quickly become one of my favorites. :)

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts