twinkle.

this weekend, we celebrated our
officially home forever boy.
it was perfect.
[well, i mean it wasn't perfect. but, it was.]
i wish i would've remembered to put the hot sauce out for the chili,
& to have had time for the cornbread, but non-essential, i guess.
the essential stuff?
it was perfect.

there were friends, family, twinkle lights,
firepit, chili, s'mores, cotton candy, popcorn,
cupcakes, cookies, hot cocoa, beer &
so much love.
so much celebration.
at one point, i looked around...
clay with 2 cookies in his hands being loved on by a neighbor,
bianca happily trotting around carrying [spilling] her applesauce,
the big girls running around & laughing with friends,
and everywhere: our friends & family that have so thoroughly loved us.
it was beautiful.
i almost started crying & beth tripped right in front of me & almost wiped out.
so, i laughed & thanked her.
she is always making me laugh & i love how each of my friends is so perfect for me.

towards the end of the night, we all gathered around the fire.
people started requesting songs & i grabbed my laptop and played them full blast.
we all sang and laughed and even danced.
i looked at chloe during this time and prayed that she'd remember it forever.

while one song was finishing, i peeked at my e-mail & then sat silently
thanking God:  for all the people sitting around me.  all the ones that couldn't
be there.  all that have prayed for us.  for the people that have come alongside
us through this journey.  for being much, much bigger than i could imagine.
for finishing the well.
the goal had been reached 15 minutes before that.
we did it.  
He did it.
[thank you.]

i want to remember this night for always.

--------------------------------

if you'd still like to give to a water project, this 7 year old boy of a blogging friend 
has decided he wants to build a well! he's doing great & you should totally help him! 

Comments

  1. Love, I tried messaging you on twitter earlier about this, but it kept getting snagged up and not going through. I came home from my conference today and the first thing I checked online (even before e-mail) was your well fundraiser and saw that you had completed your goal! Bravo! G and I had talked about donating, and had been in the middle of talking about how much when I had to leave, so I was wondering are you no longer taking donations since you reached the goal?

    As for Clay, oh my word. My heart is so happy for you right now! He is exactly where he is supposed to be, and I am glad that the celebration was such a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing night. what an amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful night, beautiful party! Being surrounded by friends (who are like family)is always a good thing.

    ~jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for God stories!

    [love the popcorn shot!]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Home Forever Clay. My heart is full of joy, I am sorry it wasn't in budget to donate for us. I wanted to so badly. Casey said next paycheck, but now you are at your goal. Where can we donate now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. what a treasured celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like an absolutely perfect night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, tears on a monday morning even days after your party. It was perfect.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. if you'd still like to give to a project, this 7 year old boy of a blogging/twitter friend has decided he wants to build a well! he's doing great & you should totally help him! =)

    http://mycharitywater.org/p/campaign/?campaign_id=8660

    ReplyDelete
  10. this made me so weepy, lady. I got to the part about music and dancing and oh my heck. I love you. So happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How awesome and beautiful. And perfect.

    Perfectly perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing time with friends and family-celebrating and praising.....Love those kind of get togethers.

    Also, Aldi has a cornbread cracker that is amazing and goes excellent with chili's and soups...trust me.

    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful night. Praising God for providing more clean water!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing. If I could do over Saturday and just fib and say I was busy so I could have been there, I would. Even though I don't like to fib!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks perfect and amazing, just as it should be!

    Thanks so much for your continuing encouragement for Bridger's well! I am so happy that you reached your goal, SO HAPPY.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for celebrating The Lord's victories! I love how much love surrounds the whole family and that Clay has increased the love so much. Thank you for sharing in the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so incredibly sad to miss the celebration of Clayton "officially" becoming a part of our family, although he has been a part of our family from the day you met him, Love. I write this so that Clay will know how badly it hurt for us to miss your party and share in the family celebration, which just happens to be one of my very favorite things in life....family gatherings! We love you so very much buddy, and look forward to watching you grow into the awesome man God has planned. You, Mr. Clayton Elijah Palm, are embedded in our hearts and souls, just as are all our other blessings which have come in the form of our children, and now our grandbabies. Hugs, kisses, and much love - Nana and Papaw.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, goodness...you're making me cry. The photos are beautiful. YOU are beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing your love-filled life w/ us.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts