blue ribbon garden.

this weekend has been a beautiful one...full of family,
beautiful weather & fun.  we don't necessarily "celebrate"
halloween, but spent awesome time at the pumpkin patch,
carved pretty designs in the pumpkins, roasted the seeds
& let the kiddos dress up and go to a couple neighbors' houses.
[quickly before the yucky costumes came out!]

it's a careful balance of being in the world, but not of it.
i can't hide our kids from the horrific decorations that seem to be in every lawn,
but we will be slowly tell them of the history &
why we "celebrate" it much differently.

celebrating Autumn?  we do!


icarly & sam
flower garden.  complete with cute, little gnomes.

however you celebrated,
[and trust me, there's no judgment here...just what's right for your family]
i hope it was as fun as ours felt!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, Clay's face is priceless!
    We didn't see very many gruesome costumes this year... it was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the world that chloe & anika live in. it's clear that it belongs to the two of them, but they seem so lovingly willing to let others in. [it makes me wish i had had a sister.]

    precious. all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely ADORABLE!! I wish we could have gotten all our kids together for a costume party!

    Such fantastic costumes!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what BEAUTIFUL children you have!! (And, such wonderful additions to your lawn! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, love. the gnomes?! adorable AND hilarious! clay's face is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want some gnomes that are that cute! ;) My 2.5 yo daughter enjoyed the trick-or-treating until we were joined by some boys in scary masks, that were right behind us and so unavoidable as we left each house. Just an excuse to go home sooner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flower garden and the gnomes are adorable! I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! So cute! Capri wore that gnome costume last year- I love Clay in it, and the little garden flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the gnomes! the gnomes!!! I am dying from the cuteness. I love it love it love it!!!

    Halloween is a weird weird holiday, isn't it? Lots of layers, but we stay pretty near the surface ourselves. it remains for us a good excuse to showcase our extensive dress up wardrobe to the neighbors who already adore our boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome, I could just squeeze your gnomes :)
    My 10 month old daughter (dressed as a strawberry) and I, a 50's girl, went around the neighbourhood collecting food for the local food bank.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very adorable. Also LOVE the skinny jeans on the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your kids are adorable, but the gnomes especially...SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the garden, Clay looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh. The garden gnomes just made my whole year!!!!!!

    Cutest. Babies. EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love- I've shown that photo of the gnomes to my hubby & friend, & we cannot get over Clay's serious face!!! Honestly, those costumes are my most favorite of all time!! & I love the idea of them prettying up your yard instead of trick-or-treating! I'm with you on the yuckiness of it all...I asked my hubby yesterday how he'd feel if we didn't allow our children to participate- he likes the dressing up part, though...it's a rough one, & most definitely for each family to decide on their own what's best for them. oy...I can always manage to talk a ton over here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clayton is the perfect garden gnome. The cuteness is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. well i have to say it along with everyone else! the CUTEness of the gnomes is too much! i LOVE it!!! And I loved how you shared your take on halloween...we all have to decide what is best for our family. thanks for sharing hwat you all did this year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oy! Dying from the cuteness! They got the gnome facial expressions too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are so flippin' cute!! I LOVE the gnome costumes so much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i could not love these costumes more. my computer has been broken and i have had a serious blog-deficiency in my life. i miss yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment