399 days.
one year and thirty-four days ago, i looked into this little boy's eyes.
and though the mountains ahead seemed absolutely insurmountable at times,
this is one thing that i have never doubted:
clayton was planned for our family long, long ago.
we will always grieve clay's losses with him: his first family, his friends, his country.
we will try always to reinforce that while we may never understand why,
the biggest why is to bring God glory.
that will continue to be our prayer for clayton's journey,
that all is for his good and His glory.
and though the mountains ahead seemed absolutely insurmountable at times,
this is one thing that i have never doubted:
clayton was planned for our family long, long ago.
we will always grieve clay's losses with him: his first family, his friends, his country.
we will try always to reinforce that while we may never understand why,
the biggest why is to bring God glory.
that will continue to be our prayer for clayton's journey,
that all is for his good and His glory.
and yesterday?
was about glory.
[for God, not us.]
the little boy that has completely had our hearts
for one year and thirty-four days
officially took our last name on paper.
it was a beautiful, beautiful day.
many of you have been on this journey with us.
praying. buying let love grow product. helping matt
while i was in africa for a total of 5 weeks. encouraging us.
even last week as i had hard days & it looked like yesterday's
court hearing might be pushed back indefinitely.
many of you prayed with us & suddenly yesterday happened without a hitch.
thank you. all of you. for all of it.
honestly. it has been an honor to have so many of you walk this with us.
clayton elijah.
home.
forever.


So thrilled. For all of you.
ReplyDeleteOh, pass the tissues.
ReplyDeleteYou are his.
He is yours.
Steph
What a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lucky and loved sweet boy.
LA
I'm with Steph- pass those tissues! :) Yay for Clay & his forever family!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you all.
ReplyDeleteHe is right where he belongs.
xo.
Oh the tears!
ReplyDeleteThere are no words that I could possibly type to tell you just how happy I am for you, Clay and your entire family.
xoxo
beautiful! So happy for you all! He is exactly where he is supposed to be!
ReplyDeleteBrittany
TEARY!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for your family... your beautiful family!
PEACE like a river!
ReplyDeletei am wondering when the chills are going to stop. beautiful post. beautiful family. beautiful reality. home forever...amen!
ReplyDeleteTears of Joy. God is good and so very glorified in the adoption of an orphan!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this wonderful story!
Congrats!
Happy happy joy joy!
ReplyDeleteI need tissues, too.
ReplyDeleteOh so so so SO happy for you.
Forever is such a wonderful word...
Perfect ending to an amazing story.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you all!!!
True to everything, he's grown so much in your love, in your arms. I'm so glad you're his mom.
ReplyDeleteOk Love, I am crying (good tears) here at my desk right now - working some issues in Ethiopia as we speak (not adopting, just work related stuff) CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thanks for sharing your journey with us all!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing for you and your family. And what a sweet little boy he is. Congratulations. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Love. I just started reading your blog last week and already I can't wait til to you post. You are an amazing and gifted writer. I love that you share the importance of giving God glory. Thank you for your testament to His goodness in your life thru Clayton. Congratulations to your family. I look forward to reading many many more of your posts.
ReplyDeleteMelissa
Ontario, Canada
Good morning, Love. I am so happy to read the big news with Clayton. Congratulations! You are such an amazing person. You bring tears to my eyes reading all your blogs. Such love and joy is seen through your camera lens. Thank you for sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteTina
Yay! God picked a beautiful forever family for this boy. Inside and out. =) What a great reminder we are never forgotten. Thank you for being part of His plan.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. God's plan at work. So happy for you and your family!
ReplyDeletelove, i'm so excited for you all...
ReplyDeletei can't wait till we are at that point.
peace,
em
congrats!!! God is good, He is a precious little man. Praise God for all He is:-)
ReplyDeleteHooray! I cannot express how THRILLED I am for your (amazing, beautiful, inspiring) family.
ReplyDeletePraise God!
ReplyDeletecongratulations, Love. We had our daughter for almost two full years before ADOPTION DAY. It was one of the most special days of our life together. Things changed in ways I can't explain. She was always OURS, but making it legal just changed things. I have a charm bracelet that I put my birth children and adopted daughter's name and date of birth on...then added a special butterfly one for the day her new life as our child began.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog because you so perfectly communicate the way i feel about her. The fact that i did not carry her in my womb does not at all change my deep deep love for her.
Perfection. My favorite post ever. Can't wait to be in that spot too. Congratulations...Clayton is such a huge blessing!
ReplyDeleteSuch an amazing journey, boy, and family. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteBig hugs to you and your family, Love! What a GREAT day!
ReplyDeleteoh my word...tears,ok now im better:) i have not been following you for very long,dont even remember how i found you,pretty sure it was just a god thing...as everything really is:)but since the beginning i could see that sweet boy and know he is exactly where he belongs,oh how beautiful yesterday must of been him and his twin right along side of him,praise god!
ReplyDeletethankyou for sharing this moment of pure beautiful with us.
Sincerly Siobhan
oh love!! LOVE! this is a miracle from God!!
ReplyDeletehe belongs with his forever family!
(whoa on the exclamation points, but i am just SO excited and happy for y'all!)
So very wonderful!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
congratulations! this is so exciting! :)
ReplyDeleteHe is truly one of the most amazing kids I have EVER met. Which makes him a perfect match for your amazing family. No doubt this is destiny.
ReplyDeleteWe can not wait to celebrate Clay on Saturday!
and to think i almost missed this post! what a happy day.
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAn occassion like this is when a word like CONGRATULATIONS, used to acknowledge big deals and accomplishments, seems underwhelming and almost inappropriate because it doesn't seem to convey all that I want it too! So, so happy for you and your beautiful family, Destiny
ReplyDeletei don't even have the words. except that this made me cry, & jah is so good.
ReplyDeletecongrats!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Love, Matt and your girls. What a beautiful day it is for you all to officially welcome him home forever!! I have chills reading this post. Like everyone has said, he was destined to be in your home and fits like a missing piece of your family's puzzle. Clayton is truly blessed to have all your love pouring over him. Praise God, He is so wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Michelle
Tears. Tears. Tears. So happy for you all!!!
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, so many tears.
ReplyDeleteYour family is full of the most wonderful types of humans <3 Bless you.
I am so, SO happy for you all! YAY!
ReplyDeleteI've read bits of your journey over the few months, but just now went through all of the your posts about the process of bringing your son home. I just wanted to thank you for sharing it. funny how people you don't know can feel such happiness for you, but I do. what a beautiful life. and it's apparent that he's a part of a beautiful family. jil
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for your family! So funny, I didn't know this was coming up and I was talking a bit about you this weekend at my conference (I got asked about my coffee cozy and it went from there). What an amazing day yesterday was for you!
ReplyDeletetears! congratulations. what a beautiful family you are, and that last picture is priceless. I can feel the kid's joy from here.
ReplyDelete