spreading love.

i learned of 31 bits & immediately fell in love. 
5 college students traveled to Uganda in 2008 and met 6 amazing Ugandan women. 
they quickly realized that the women needed a market to sell their beautiful, hand-made paper bead jewelry in order to provide the women with money simply to live: 
food, water, shelter & school fees for their children.

31 bits was formed and they now work directly with 35 Ugandan women! 
these women are now able to have a sustainable income while being trained in 
valuable life lessons about finances and saving.

our boy with the Ugandan paper bead necklaces. love.
this is the real deal; it is saving lives & empowering women that truly need it.
you all know my love for Uganda--my heart aches for it everyday.
i'm honored to spread the word about 31 bits and hope you'll join me.
you can see more of the womens' stories on their blog

i have personally seen the impact that a dollar has in Uganda.  a dollar.
partner several dollars with the steady job 31 bits provides, people who believe in you,
education about finances & becoming a Proverbs 31 women?
how can we go wrong?!
i am excited to bless these women. 
[truth be known, i hope to meet some of them one day.]

so, are you in?  want to help?  here's how:

would you like to throw your own party?  
i did at a local coffee shop.  it was so easy and so much fun.
just contact them here!
want to have some of your own bits or buy them for gifts?
teachers, friends, bus drivers, moms, aunts, sisters, coaches!
check out these pictures and use the paypal link below.





paper bead jewelry









i have these necklaces and bracelets on hand,
so i will ship them straight to you.
please add your top 2 color choices [from those pictured] in the message to seller.
i only have a limited number of bracelets & very limited necklaces.
also, i love 31 bits AND you so much, that i got a necklace just for one of you.
just comment here on anything 
[your favorite 31 bits design, what you're having for breakfast, your day's plans, anything!]
and you'll be entered.  
one per person, of course!
happy tuesday, friends.

Comments

  1. oh, i just love these! i have spent some time in rwanda and love love love all things africa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful thing, to love on these women by supplying their needs. Praise Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are gorgeous!! and what an amazing gift to these beautiful daughter's of God ~ to be able to provide for their families! LOVE it!

    plans for today?! hot date w/ the treadmill, dusting, vacuuming, washing bedding, helping w/ homework, and hoping to crack open my new Nicholas Sparks book in there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, today is a sad one in my house. I have to take my son to get his first cavities filled! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I am TOTALLY commenting! The super huge, chunky, purple long strand is amazing! I am very interested in hosing a party for them! What amazing Christmas presents and I LOVE what they are doing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is awesome and i can't wait to go check out that blog. i love the bright blue in those necklaces, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found their site about a week ago...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy reading your blog as we are in the middle of adopting from Uganda! It's so neat to hear stories from families who have done it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing thing! What an impact! I must go read their blog, their stories. The beads are gorgeous. I love the vertical bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the paper jewelry but seeing your sweet little boy wearing them makes me love them even more. he is absolutely precious! i've been reading your blog for a while now and i dont think i've ever made a comment but i wanted to say your children are all so adorable and the way you write is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE these. I've seen and sold paper necklaces before, but these are the most beautiful I've seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're beautiful! I will definitely be checking out their website!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them all...seriously. It would be an honor to wear some of their beautiful jewelry and tell others about where it came from! Their story is amazing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just amazing! I am just in awe of your giving spirit. :D I found just the one I want over at the store... so beautiful, so much more so knowing that it's helping just a little bit where help is needed. HUGE HUGS to you my friend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love your blog! The pictures, the commentary...just beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome idea, i'm going to do a giveaway soon with these!

    Candra
    http://curiousgeorgi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those necklaces! The yellow ones are my favorite and would love to tell the story of where they came from and how they help so many.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! They're gorgeous! I love them all! Such talented women.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just ordered some from you! My girls will have a new fashion trend at school! When you mentioned 31 bits in your blog last week I went and looked. Fell in love. Can you get the shoes, too?
    Clay...the light shining in his beautiful eyes brings tears to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are so pretty! I was going to have cereal but there was only a tablespoon of milk left :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. ummm clay seriously is awesome for doing that! he is strong enough to carry all those too :)
    entering to win a beautiful purple large bead necklace...

    ReplyDelete
  22. these are beautiful. my favorite is the multi-strand multi-colored necklace. {on the agenda today ... starting to make decorations for my little love's first birthday!!}

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love those huge chunk-a-lunky ones! Looking forward to supporting these ladies as part of my Christmas shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these! I have some and have also given them as gifts! They are beautiful and match almost anything.

    ReplyDelete
  25. i just love all of these and the cause is just so beautiful god bless these amazing women:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this and how amazing a project it is and everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a great picture of Clay wearing all the necklaces! I love the big and chunky necklaces myself!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love all of the jewelry, plus, the little boy is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So proud of this girls! This project shows their passion that they have to make a difference on this world. Their hearts are amazing, and their creation of the bits more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, I applaud the college students for helping the Ugandan women. It's so refreshing to read stories about people caring for others.

    Clay looks absolutley adorable modeling the necklaces. He's such a cutie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE it! us girls gotta stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is an absolutely fabulous thing! I have a bracelet of Ugandan paper beads and I love how organizations like this empower people and help them learn a skill that we can support! What a beautiful thing, as helping each other always is!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a great organization!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So hard to choose which ones I like the most!!! The bracelets... the chunky necklaces... all so beautiful.

    A storm is just about to hit, just in time for nap for my youngest daughter and it makes for a perfect afternoon to snuggle my other daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful! You are doing such a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What beautiful jewelry and an even more beautiful cause. Just gorgeous!!
    I love reading your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. their jewelry is so beautiful! i would have never thought that it was paper! i saw they have shoes too! i will def. be ordering some of those :-) your blog is so inspiring! so inspiring that my husband and i have decided to have another baby :-) you and your family are so beautiful! keep writing! its wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Clay is such a cutie modeling the necklaces! Love it! =} These are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love love all the bracelets! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love these! So beautiful! How does hosting a party work? Will you email me the info of how you did it???? (samarapostuma (at) gmail (dot) com
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love these! So beautiful! How does hosting a party work? Will you email me the info of how you did it???? (samarapostuma (at) gmail (dot) com
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. 31 Bits is a precious ministry and so are those college girls' hearts. The jewelry is beautiful. The purpose is love. I *heart*.

    ReplyDelete
  44. They are so beautiful and different, just what I love in jewelry.

    My girls have a softball game tonight and we have to be there at 5:45. Which means eating at 4:45 or so. I hate that because I am always hungry again by 7:30 or so. :(

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow! Lovely, lovely jewelry for an amazing cause!

    ReplyDelete
  46. All of the beaded jewelry pieces are beautiful! I especially like the bracelets and the purple disc like necklace. Clay looks adorable in those necklaces. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  47. it's so beautiful what you're doing! i hope that God just rocks your world.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Coffee. Mumford & Sons. A cozy baby. Gloomy skies. My favorite type of day.

    ReplyDelete
  49. That photo of Clay is precious!! What a blessing he is. I always think of him when I wear the necklaces I purchased from you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh I adore these! I used to make paper beads like that in college from magazines! (although mine were not as good - ha!) They are so pretty and colorful. What a wonderful idea to help these women.

    The vertical bead bracelet REALLY catches my eye. I may just have to buy one (or two...).

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love these. will be checking out the site and reading the stories!

    -sarah
    srockney@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. these are so lovely!! i can't get over how beautiful the aqua and mustard colored necklaces are. beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I have several of these! LOVE THEM! SO glad you are getting such great feedback. We did a fundraiser for our adoption with paper beads...Big success!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great idea...great products! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  55. oh, gosh, I love this! What an amazing organization!!! I love all the yellow ones!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I'm in. I want to host a party. Great party idea, as people start thinking about Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Beautiful jewelry!
    I should not be reading blogs right now....I have 3 little boys who need baths and jammies. Off I go....

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love these! And just in time fir Christmas shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the paper necklace I won from Steph last year so much that when I first saw these I did a happy dance. It's a great way to get the ball rolling talking about Uganda when I'm asked about the necklace....and my niece wore it in many of her first birthday pics last winter so everyone saw it!

    I love the big graduated one in the first pic! But the colors are all so pretty and look so chic. I think I will do a post about this organization as well this week!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love Love Love 31bits! Contacted them today about hosting a show out here =)

    I'd love to win one! (even tho I just bought one) Send me the one that makes you the happiest. Cause it's you and Clay I'll be thinking about when I sport it ;-) XO

    ReplyDelete
  61. I LOVE these. I just went to their site and ordered 2 necklaces, and I'm also going to spread the word on my facebook account and to all my friends at work! I cannot wait to get these in..

    ReplyDelete
  62. This is so precious. I love all of the designs so much, but they mean so much more than other jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I think it's inspiring how you always give from your heart and soul, not only to orphans, but to your own children. They are a great example of purity and generosity! 31 Bits is awesome and I will definately do some holiday shopping through the site this year! You inspire me... everyday! Oh yeah, love that multi-strand yellow necklace ;)

    ReplyDelete
  64. The pretty tourquoise one is my favorite :)
    Praise God for these people and the lives they are changing!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Love,
    I know we don't know each other personally, but I do know a lot of your family through the pictures and stories your sister shares at work with me! My 10 year old daughter and I have been following your story since your adoption of Clayton. You are an inspiration for many.
    I have several pieces of the beaded jewelry that I have bought through your sister. I get several compliments on the pieces when I wear them. I too love sharing your story when people ask where I have gotten the pieces from. Your story touches more hearts than you may know!

    ReplyDelete
  66. First heard about these from your tweet about them.
    I LOVE 31 bits. And I'm planning on packing up and moving there next year with my hubs and 2 boys for a couple years so how exciting to already have a hand in having an impact in Ugandan lives!

    Also, today was supposed to be my Sprint run (I'm training for a 10k) but I woke up with mad vertigo. So I lay in bed reading while my awesome Mom drove 45 mins to help out with my boys so my hubs didn't have to miss work.
    I am blessed.
    (that's just a tidbit about my day today).

    ReplyDelete
  67. i bought one of these from you last spring. i get compliments every time i wear it. i'll email them to schedule a party.

    ReplyDelete
  68. You are an amazing woman and mother. 31bits is also so amazing. I love all of their things and why they do it!

    ReplyDelete
  69. awesome. just awesome. gotta get me some!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  70. Love all of them...especially the turquoise and yellow! I think I will have to start Christmas shopping now!

    ReplyDelete
  71. how pretty! i love all the bright and vibrant colors!

    such a neat idea for a gift. you have inspired me to do most(if not all) of my Christmas shopping this year from places like this. such beautiful gifts for such beautiful people. it will make a difference

    ReplyDelete
  72. How awesome. I love all of the colors. I am thinking of volunteering in Uganda this winter!

    God Bless you and your family :]

    ReplyDelete
  73. I leave for Ethiopia 2 weeks from today! Super cool organization and I LOVE the spiral cuff. Its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  74. pretty! i had a cupcake for breakfast! shhh, don't tell my mom....or my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  75. How did I miss the giveaway part of this the first time I read it? (I know, I was totally distracted picking out jewelry!)

    I absolutely love these!

    ReplyDelete
  76. This is awesome Love! I should buy some for Christmas presents. I love your big sweet heart.

    ReplyDelete
  77. I want to do more in life to bless the lives of others. Thanks for leading me to this. How awesome! All of the products are beautiful! I'm going to check out their blog today. : )

    ReplyDelete
  78. Very cool! :)

    LOVE, love, LOVE the last one on the page. So pretty!

    jessicanunemaker at littleindiana dot com

    ReplyDelete
  79. This is such a wonderful thing. I love hearing about stuff like this, people helping people. These necklaces are beautiful and I plan to visit their website to buy one as soon as I have the extra money. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to win one.

    ReplyDelete
  80. I am definantley going to look into hosting a party! I think my youth girls would love that! We just had our WMU meeting last night and I am so fired up about missions its not even funny! These necklaces are great and these women truley are blessed!
    ~Molly P

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts