right here.
this little munchkin went off to preschool for a couple hours today. the babies laid down for their naps
and matt and i ended up with 30! whole! minutes! all to ourselves. we did super fun things like
continue cleaning out the garage that we'd been working on that morning. [except at a pace that is
much quicker than the one that happens with 3 littles running around.] honestly though, these
are the times when i'm so aware of how good matt is for me. that project would've taken me weeks
and we got it done together in a few hours. i love that we don't have to be alone on a fancy
vacation. we can enjoy our time together, in our own home, doing things that don't seem very fun...
are the times when i'm so aware of how good matt is for me. that project would've taken me weeks
and we got it done together in a few hours. i love that we don't have to be alone on a fancy
vacation. we can enjoy our time together, in our own home, doing things that don't seem very fun...
yet they are.
ellie loved her little time away learning & making new friends. the babies enjoyed having
mama's arms and laps all to themselves. see:
mama's arms and laps all to themselves. see:
i think the official start of Fall is still about a week away, but i changed our front door wreath
today. is this such a resounding symbol for everyone? to me, it means i've embraced the season.
usually, i don't embrace Fall until mid-October. i hate that i try to change what is inevitable, though.
our mornings are already chilled, the air feels sharper. the moon is out as i ready dinner and the
kids' rooms are actually dark again while putting them to bed. i don't want to wish for something
else this year. i don't want to deny Fall just because my least favorite season comes after her.
and maybe this is thinking too much about the seasons, but i mean it about everything. about life.
kids' rooms are actually dark again while putting them to bed. i don't want to wish for something
else this year. i don't want to deny Fall just because my least favorite season comes after her.
and maybe this is thinking too much about the seasons, but i mean it about everything. about life.
i want to embrace exactly where i am.
so here we are.
pumpkin/mustard/olive is going up around the house.
apple orchards here we come.
hot cocoa mornings on the deck with hoodies.
bonfires at night with friends.
thick, furry blankets.
watching the trees in anticipation & wonder.
right where we are.




How fun to read this today!! Just today I realized with a start that I actually LIKE fall. I'm not a fan of winter (November, January and February specifically) and somehow that dread of everything cold and dead colored my view of fall. Now that I think about staying in the present fall is pretty darn wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI love when my husband helps me on projects---things go SO much faster!
ReplyDeleteNow...if I can just find a cute small town with a piano on the corner and then drive around looking for that wreath I can officially stalk you and your adorable kids. I'm only joking.
Candra
http://curiousgeorgi.blogspot.com
Funny.....I was cleaning our storage shed today ( I do it every end of summer/fall). I decided to decorate early because I have been dreading it....this summer has rocked for soooo many reasons, but I realized I was giving all credit to summer ~ that's not cool! So fall here.we.come! God be glorified in fall, winter and spring too! [you may need to remind me of that when it is freezing and I have not been outside for days :)] XOXO
ReplyDeleteStill praying for T4A!
I'm married to the same kind of guy. Neither of us feel the need to go to the movies or out to a fancy restaurant with clinking silverware...we've got all kinds of happiness right in our little house, just working together side-by-side. :)
ReplyDeletestephanie@metropolitanmama.net
Fal is my favorite season of all. Hooray for wonderful ordinary moments that make life so beautiful ...
ReplyDeleteNot that thirty minutes alone is ordinary! !
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. And so true.
ReplyDeleteWe are only given today. I'm reminded of James' words: Who of you knows tomorrow?
So we love and live and should enjoy the right here.
Yes, we changed our wreath Saturday! It's such a symbol to me, too. It's like welcoming in a new season, I guess.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Ellie is going to preschool. She's getting so big!
Yes! I want the same things- to embrace each season (of life), each moment, even-maybe especially?-when it's not what I would have chosen for myself.
ReplyDeleteI used to despise Fall and then we moved to a place where it doesn't exist. And I realized that Fall is really my favorite season of the year. We moved back and I embraced Fall. I love the colors, the smells, the briskness in the air. I think its nature's way of saying I'm really sorry for hip deep snow in winter, so here is a lovely burst of color and harvest to get you through until spring.
ReplyDelete((hugs))
So ready to welcome Fall. Haven't switched over in my mind yet (just returned from China), but amd ready!
ReplyDeleteWe too are trying to embrace today.
That's how I felt this summer, because it's my least favorite month and I kept willing it to move faster. Instead I tried to slow down, enjoy the sun, the ability to get our and go because the days were so long.
ReplyDeleteBut I am glad it's apple season, and that hot cocoa doesn't seem like such a crazy idea!
What a wonderful reminder of what is to come with the fall and what a beautiful front door! Love it!
ReplyDeleteI refuse to embrace until the first day : ) so, on the 21st, I will be all over it. Today though, I am relishing the end of summer!
ReplyDelete