fired up.

you know what i love [almost] more than anything?
seeing people use their God-given talents & passion to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
seriously.  wanna get me fired up?  tell me about what you're doing for Him.

it is easy to blame here & condemn that, but the fact remains...
we are responsible for what we see;
when we see something that that isn't right we are now responsible to act.
i know the feeling that:
i am just one person...
what's really going to change...
it's too big for me to take on...
but, what if it doesn't work....
what if...
what if...
what if...

here's what i believe:
these things that God has rooted so deeply in your heart,
where you know in your gut that something has to be done,
He is going to help you bring these things to fruition.
who is going to do it if you don't?

here's the other thing, 
praise God that we all have different passions!
thank goodness that we all have different callings.
none of us is going to have the exact same story and
that is the beauty of it!

so whether you're called to start a non-profit for this or that...
to adopt domestically or internationally...
move across the world to serve or to serve in your own neighborhood...
to bring a child into  your home or to support those that do...
to work with homeless men, abortion-vulerable women or orphaned children....
it is exactly where you are supposed to be.

want to know who has me fired up lately?
kristen's new journey with The Mercy House.  [cannot explain my excitement about this.]
the girls of 31 bits helping Ugandan women. [i'll have a way you can join in here Monday.]
steph's journey with Give Every Day. [sell everything. live in a RV. give every day. awesome.]

what's on your heart?  come on, share.  it feels good to just say it sometimes. 

[always in my heart.  kampala, uganda.]

Comments

  1. I happened upon Kristen's venture, Mercy House last night at midnight, and my mind has been racing ever since.

    Been doing a LOT of thinking/praying lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and well said. We all do have different callings and that is definitely the beauty of it. Right now, we are called to bring one orphan into our home, but we know we want to do more. We want to help those that age out of the orphanages with no where to go and no hope. Those that are targets for human trafficking...I want to do more. And with God's direction and timing, we will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's in my heart? Returning to Uganda and working with orphans. Being a mama to them. Loving with all my guts. My heart aches for the orphan and widow there - with the war in the north, the destitution. I want to immerse myself in the heartbeat of that country. I want their joy and hope to infect me. I want them to show me who Jesus is...and I want to show them...I'm going back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my heart...
    for one, i am so so excited about kristen's ministry and the big things God is going to do through the Mercy House.
    secondly, women/widows and orphans in africa. my husband and i moved to zambia recently and i'm getting involved here, loving on everyone God puts in my path.

    so, the two are connected. probably why i'm so pumped about the mercy house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My calling? Everyone in my family, and that's about 20 people, is getting Toms shoes for Christmas. I have recently read about him, his mission, his goal, and I am inspired. To give a present, and then have that present benefit a child that truly NEEDS a present, that is what fills my heart with warmth. I don't care if they don't wear their shoes. I am buying shoes for 20 people, and 20 kids will get a pair! It makes my heart happy. It's a beginning for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart like many is longing to make a difference--no matter how small. I am not as informed nor as involved as previous commenters...I didn't/don't know how to be. I am learning and yearning. But right now we are in the beginning stages of adopting 2 siblings from Colombia--in addition to our bio 3 boys. We are filling out forms and seeing what happens. Past that I am still looking and watching and learning--I know I am on the right track and am trying my best to follow my heart. Even if it's just small things amongst my own family and friends for right now--it's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. orphans. Uganda. adoption. more orphans.

    As I've been praying and praying and praying about adoption, it seems like every.single.place I turn these days is talking about orphans. Seriously, I ran into this locally owned coffee shop last week, and the ONLY brochure they had in the store was about orphans in Uganda. seriously!

    I could get very fired up about orphans world wide. Such a NEED.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you note the beauty in each of us having a different calling. It IS a beautiful thing, this patchwork quilt of God's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought for sure I was going to be on a journey to adopt. However my family is complete with my son.

    Instead I am going back to school to work on my masters in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, believing I can ask questions and find answers to help people all over the world live healthier lives.

    I love being a mother and I feel I am a gifted one at that. I am excited to further explore my gifts as a scientist because I know I embody those too. It is very exciting.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Orphans. Adoption. Children. Mothers. Discouraged & hurting women...
    Whoever God brings me, I pray I can bless them & show them Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Love, sometimes I randomly read through news stories and blogs, not exactly sure what I'm looking for or what I'm needing to read. I've been so overwhelmed with life lately - trying to be the mother and wife that I want to be, and balancing that with being back in school. So, so hard. I was feeling like maybe this wasn't the right path for me after all. Then I came across your blog entry, and it made me smile, and it excited me, and I'm reminded about what exactly I'm doing. I'm learning and majoring in urban studies and peace/conflict studies, with the goal of figuring out how to help the poor, homeless, hungry, needy people in my community and beyond. Thank you for this post, and this reminder that I didn't choose this path, God led me to it, and with Him, I will be able to handle it.

    Thank you for always inspiring me. *hugs*

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! And this is an awesome post. I'll tell you where my heart is (as succinctly as I can):
    I want to love my husband and support him in such a way that he is fueled to face the world and walk in his destiny every day.
    I want to bring up my children in the fear and admonition of the Lord.
    I want to be a mentor to young girls/young women and show them that it is never uncool or too late to find your passion and pursue it creatively and share it as a gift with the world.

    Okay. That wasn't very succinct. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came across your blog through a friend's pictures...she was wearing one of the tshirts you have for sale on etsy and encouraging everyone to buy one. And it started this journey I've been on for the last two days...maybe I should say restarted a journey I began on when I was a little girl. I've always dreamed of helping the widow and the orphan. My heart goes out to Africa, to Uganda, the beautiful babies that someone desperately needs to speak for. And I thank you so very much for every link you post and every word you write about yourself and those that are doing just that (31 bits, The Mercy House)...because each one brings me that much closer to living my dream to help. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This past summer I moved from one side of Canada to the other to work at a camp for people of all ages with both mental and physical disabilities.

    It changed my life.

    I found my passion.

    I'm only 21 and still in school but someday I hope to adopt a little boy or girl with a disability and give them the life they deserve.

    One person CAN make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for mentioning our new adventure. It's such a good thing to be FIRED UP.

    The fire in our hearts is practically raging these days. Tim & I stay up late every night - dreaming, talking, discussing, praying. What we keep coming back to is this: the time is now. To do something extraordinary. To take a risk. To love like crazy.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts