farm.

i had irrational love for this little, black piggy when i was a little girl.
i loved how smooth he was, that he didn't look like a "typical" pig &
i had a very hard time sharing him.

i'm not sure how old i would have been then, but i'm pretty sure
that hours at a time were logged on this farm...
pulling each of the little people out of the silo.
choosing a straw-hatted man to drive the tractor.
hiding the rooster in the hinged haystack door.
setting up the troughs for the animals to eat.

apparently, matt was doing the same things with his set years ago.
[although, he doesn't admit to the same mad love for the piggy.]
i love that i can watch our kids play with it at their granny & papa's now.  
they do all the same things...
twenty-five-ish years later. 

while we were there, matt's parents were updating their will.
[not fun, but i know it's smart.]
i bet you can guess the only thing i asked for. 

Comments

  1. Oh I had that, too! I loved how the barn "mooed" when it opened and closed. One of my favorite toys ever. They don't make them like they used to.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. i found one of these at an antique store recently...it was also one of my very favorite toys growing up. and i love how the barn door "mooos" too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. i forgot about the mooing door. yes. love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had it too. Way better than the plastic ones now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our set didn't have a silo. Well I am sure it did at one time, but I never remember it. I do remember my love for the horse. I would make the neighing sounds and gallop him on my grandmother's end table (something we weren't supposed to do)

    Also, can I admit that I thought the black pig was a dog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still have this....still LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! do you think it's maybe not a pig?? the nose led me to pig, i think. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had that farm set!!! I loved it soo much!! The grain silo is still somewhere at my parents house on our farm!! Ahh, soo good to see old toys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ME too! And played with it for hours on end! And leave it up over night to play with it the next day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts