bff
sometimes the mom guilt is just flat out crazy, isn't it?
i love to play with our children. interact and teach them. to learn from them.
some days just don't allow that as much.
today was one of them. i didn't feel well, yet there were still things that had to get done.
so, between lying around and doing those tasks that had to happen,
i missed my playing time with the kids.
the laughing, chasing, dancing, puzzling, dolly-ing, crafting, dress-up that is our norm.
i would be a half and hour into a project and feel guilty that i was actually being left alone.
[i know, i did say the mom guilt thing is crazy sometimes.]
so, i snuck down the hallway, heard happy laughter & saw this:
anika & her 14 month older sister, chloe.
in their shared room.
chatting, laughing, playing cards
&
each wearing a half of a necklace that says:
best
friends.
silly mommy guilt.
they are making forever memories together.
good ones.

How sweet! :)
ReplyDeleteI adore this photograph. ADORE.
ReplyDeletewhat a precious moment you were able to sneak and see! i am really looking forward to moments like these with my two little girls!
ReplyDeletexoxo Abra
I often times catch my three 6 year old little boys doing this. They can lay on the trampoline for hours just talking and making up silly games together. It's a nice reminder that I need to let them bond with each other and not just with me!
ReplyDeleteso sweet!
ReplyDeleteand, I love that the beds were made! even when you didn't feel well!
This is absolutely precious. Try not to have too much guilt, you're an amazing mom.
ReplyDeletethat photo is the sweetest thing i've seen in a very long time. yay for sisters!
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful moment! Yes mommy guilt is horrible!
ReplyDeletep.s. your children are so happy and beautiful inside and out...you have nothing to feel guilty about!
Oh straight to the heart, this one!!!
ReplyDeleteSteph
What a beautiful picture! I love it.
ReplyDeletethats a big 14 month old! lol :)
ReplyDeletethey are so lucky to have each other!
ReplyDeleteps you are doing great!
I can see this is a photo that will be cherished always.
ReplyDeleteWell captured.
I hope you are feeling better!
exactly. you kinda just nailed it.
ReplyDeleteI love this. And I really think there is something so valuable about us moms getting out of the way sometimes (hard as it can be!) and letting them foster those relationships....both via the good stuff (the chatting and laughing) and the not-so-fun (the squabbles and jockeying for position). What a blessing they will be to each other as they grow up, and beyond.
ReplyDeleteSo many thoughts pop into my head when I look at that picture. The most dear to my heart is that I want a lil sibling for my daughter (she's one) and my heart keeps telling me next year would be perfect for that.
ReplyDeleteSome other thoughts:
-WOW that room is clean
-WOW that room is cool
I'm with both Steph and Meagan on this. Straight to the heart, LOVE the photo. And I love sneaking up to catch my boys playing together like this, too. (although they would not be sitting quietly on the beds. not a chance.) ;)
ReplyDeleteI love that picture. I love this post. I am refreshed by your message. All of us experience "the mom guilt thing" - and it's good to be reminded that it is often unnecessary. ;)
ReplyDeletestephanie@metropolitanmama.net
Love this. Very special.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet, Love! What a beautiful thing to see the kids loving each other!
ReplyDeleteNew to your blog (just subscribed) and oh, this was beautiful and true. Thank you!
ReplyDelete