round and round.

let's have a hula hoop contest.
can you help me catch a grasshopper?
sweep.
i wanna practice tennis; throw the ball, please!
ope!  don't throw the ball in the road, buddy.
can we water the plants?
let's make up a dance routine.  
sweep.
it's time for an art project.
what's this word, mama?
we have to take a break to clean up now.
ope.  we don't throw our food!
sweep.
I'MGONNAGETYOU!
giggle.giggle.giggle.
switch laundry.
change the sheets.
{quick} sweep.
let's build a fort!
pool. splash. sprinkler.
it's time for a walk.
can our friends come over?  
popsicles.
[nutritious meals. baths. trimming nails. kissing boo-boos. sweeping.]

beautiful, intentional, plain-ol' exhausted fun.
[motherhood.]

Comments

  1. Cute! Bella just got a hula hoop and I'm AMAZED at how long she can keep that thing going! I think I'd best not try it now, as it would ker-thunk across my egg-shaped midsection quite wobbily... ;) And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has crumbs and yuckies all over while still sweeping and vacuuming! (I assume that's what you mean!?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a day in the life....what memories you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, you make me want to be a better mom. Every day. I love you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that how you do it? You sweep all day long? I love your blog. Simple and profound; easy to read and yet makes you think. I LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes. yes. yes. i love that you and Steph both wrote about similiar things today- motherhood and the (happy) exhaustion of it. And boy, am I feeling it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You take the best, most creative and colorful photos of your kids...what kind of camera do you use? I want one!!! :) I've been wanting to upgrade my camera for some time now and I just can't get over how beautiful and bright all of your photos are! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only you Love can say it in a way that opens my eyes to all the beauty in the little things.

    I am enjoying a first real summer with my lil Olivia (she's 10 months) and oh the things I'm seeing now that I've never paid attention to before.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love you. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know about your contest!! I am sorry. Your blog is always so beautiful for my eyes and soul.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! I love it! Captures my day to day pretty perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes. Yes. Yes.

    There must be something in the air. I wrote about this yesterday too.

    (By the way, I'm Kelly, and I'm new here via Twitter and all your Chicago girls. Hi!)

    May today be just as beautiful. With maybe a little less sweeping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This picture is so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this breakdown of a day in motherhood. All the little things we fit in between the (great big) little things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts