new books make me happy.

We got a package yesterday.  It was full of beautiful.  The kids have several storybook Bibles, but
I couldn't resist the gorgeous illustrations in this one.  I'm so excited to start reading the one on top,
One Million Arrows [Raising Your Children to Change The World.]  I'm simultaneously reading
Radical [Taking Back Your Faith From The American Dream]  as our small group works through
the awesome video series. I recently finished Heart of the Matter.  See?  I do read fiction, too.  I just
seem to go in spurts.  What'cha reading?

Comments

  1. I'm reading Noah's Compass by Anne Tyler. I fluctuate between fiction and non-fiction in waves. Right now, I'm on a fiction bent... it just seems more suited to summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love books. I'm on a reading kick right now.
    Just finished The Baby Catcher and The Alchemist.
    I've just started The Time Traveler's Wife (never saw the movie...I needed some light fluff to read :D) as well. Waiting to be read are a biography on C.S. Lewis (my favourite writer) and something else which I can't remember. Oh how I love the library. :D
    I LOVE the Jesus Storybook Bible as well as Big Truths for Little Kids. Noah is 2.5 yrs and he can do most of the catechism up to the 5th (6th?) lesson. Solid stuff in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the hardest time with non fiction for the most part but i'm acutally reading Battlefield of the Mind with my military wives group and i am really enjoying it! I am also reading Best Friends Forever by jennifer weiner and i have Faking Grace by Tamara Leigh waiting! {sigh} i LOVE reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That storybook Bible is THE BEST!!! The first two pages make me weep--I think every adult should read that introduction!! I wish someone had explained the narrative of the Bible in that way to me when I was a kid!

    I just ordered One Million Arrows, too! Also got Growing up Black in White.

    Yea summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Love to read! Just read Outliers The Story of Success by malcolm gladwell. fascinating. Started Living in the Garden Home by p. allen smith this morn. Wonderful ideas and pics with great narrative. Re-reading The Great House of God by max lucado. Sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading Harry Potter (again). I find it is great for night-time nursing--keeps me awake, but I don't have to be totally with it to get the story. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This picture makes me so happy! I love books!! I am reading Hole in the Gospel and loving it. Read Crazy Love before this and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am reading "The Way of Agape"........a lifechanger...but u need to read it WITH the workbook...makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We REALLY do need to meet at some point in this lifetime. I have {and LOVE} every single one of those books in your picture. I smiled when I saw those children's books, because they are some of my absolute favorites, and have been the catalyst for many sweet amazing conversations with our kids about Jesus. You'll love them!!

    And, I'm just starting One Million Arrows. Heard many great things about it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard GREAT things about A Million Arrows, too!
    Currently I am reading The Sleep Lady's Good Night Sleep Tight. I really like it (not because I have a baby that won't sleep, but because I like to evaluate baby books).
    And I think I will be reading The Guardian by Dee Henderson after that.

    Aaaaah, Books! I LOVE Books. I hope books never go away! I don't want to read my books on a computer screen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waiting for my RADICAL book. Just finished Adopting the hurt child.
    I love my Bible the most. I really like to read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you seen the Spark Story Bible? Seriously the best story Bible I've seen in ages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got the Jesus Storybook Bible for my daughter this week. The problem is it keeps making me cry when I read to her. Hands down the best children's bible I've ever encountered.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wrapped up Redeeming Love recently-excellent book. Right now I'm reading The 5 Love Languages, Boundaries, and Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Radical on my kindle but it's hard to read (in a good way)- I just bought Taking Flight and can't wait for it to come!!



    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs. I LOVE fiction and wish I could get into non-fiction. Radical looks like a good read, but I have a tendency to buy non-fiction books then have them sit unread on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i just started reading "the strong willed child" a little difficult/slow to read when the "strong willed children" are up!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm ever so slowly making my way through "The People's History of the United States". I know, who reads that for fun, right? Me.

    I'm also reading "Gargoyle", which someone who MAY OR MAY not have already commented here lent me. And, when they lent it to me failed to mention the main character is an 'adult' film star and I was carrying it with me when I went to a job interview. D'OH. :-)

    Did I mention I got the job? Did I mention that now you and Erin will have to flag me down ALL THE TIME because the job is in Chicago????

    ReplyDelete
  20. My first comment on your blog! I've read your blog for a little while now, after finding it through some link somewhere when looking through adoption info/stories. Our family is in the process of figuring out where we will be adopting from and hoping to start the process in a few months! I've enjoyed reading your blog and your heart for your kiddos- so thanks for the encouragement from a complete stranger!:)
    I LOVE the ABC Bible verses book and use it with my 3 yr. old to memorize scripture and learn the alphabet- he loves the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woe, love your blog! And that photo is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Creative Family looks like a great book. I'm going to have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh, new books make me happy too. Right now, I'm reading Nurtureshock (which is aptly named, I'm learning a lot), The Bread Bible (not as aptly named - I just want to make rye bread and its nowhere to be found), and we're always reading kids books to my daughter. She's actually giving me The Look right now and holding a picture book, so I have a feeling that I'll be taking a bloggy break soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Books make me so happy! I just got Vinegar Hill which I am dying to read. I am only like 10 years behind in the Oprah book club! : (

    ReplyDelete
  25. We really like our Jesus Storybook Bible! Right now I'm reading, The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson and Crazy Love by Francis Chan.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! I read Stephanie's blog - met her at Blissdom '09 - and so I'm thinking I should also be reading you. Just read through all your posts to here. :)

    I have several of those books and love them all. In fact, we read out of Big Truths to our kids just last night. And the storybook Bible -swoon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts